Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Valentine's Day goals details

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee517 View Post
    So TL can't work it out w/ android apps ppl to figure out its "deviastions"? Just because ios is the lower hanging fruit right now doesn't mean it will always be that way. Droid users are steadily increasing. Esp by those who are experienced w/both types of platforms. We tend to prefer our androids. (Even Steve W. likes he droid better.)
    TL probably has updates ready months in advance before their release. I don't understand why they can't give the heads up to droid programmers so they can make necessary changes in time for release.

Reaching as many demographics as possible who show a sizeable interest seems to make good business sense.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy it that it's too complicated. I'm just not naive.
    Well honestly, unless you work in a related computer industry [or understand the mind of a programmer/developer], you cannot assume that it's not too complicated. You have to understand that iOS and Android markets are two totally different worlds. To best describe it, imagine the following. You're a programmer who walks into a room and programs one computer. That same computer can be used by 100 people. That is your iOS world. Or you could walk into a room and program 100 different computers, each of which can only be used by one person. There are so many different types of Android devices, TL has been working on it of course. But remember they have to program for all those different devices. With iOS, they program once and all Apple devices are good to go. Granted, yes sometimes some devices get glitched on features/updates but for the most part the system is set for iOS.

My main responsibility at work is supervising networks for several companies. I could implement a change but since each company has different needs/rules [in terms of programming], I would have to implement them individually. That's basically the issue with Androids. I agree as a consumer that it is unfair, but in the eyes of business practices that's not the case. You can't abandon the health of your funds for the sake of fairness in the type of business TL runs under. Besides if they ever implemented equalness between some Android users and iOS users but left other Android users behind for awhile, there would be complaints there also. Really, there is no easy way to make it a win-win situation. Let's not forget that iOS users have been second to Android users in the past. This may not be often enough to matter overall, but it is a fact.

Thank you very much for explaining that so well. I am by no means a computer whiz. I guess I figured that it's essentially like computer software. You make 1 for apple and 1 for pc and that's that. If I understand correctly droids are like personal computers only in that they're not macs. There's too many variables amongst each 1 where as pcs aren't as drastically different.
    So for that reason I suppose it wouldn't be such good business sence to cater to all types of users unless programmers can find something universally compatable???

Nightclub Owner
    I may be wrong, but the way I understand the Android system it is different not only for each carrier, but for each type within each carrier.

For instance, Motorola Droid Bionic works differently than Motorola Droid Razr. Both are Motorola's, both are Droids, but different Droids hence their back-end system is different. That is just one example, now think about all the different Android carriers, and within them all their different products, and you can kind of see why it MIGHT be difficult to implement something that works on all.

HOWEVER, with that being said, the fact that the games DO work makes me think that the goals shouldn't be all that different in regards to functionality. I honestly have no idea why it would be so difficult for that aspect when they can get the games to run on the platform for all the different devices now, but maybe I just don't understand how complicated it is to program goals when compared to how it is for the weekly updates, which Androids have no problem receiving. *shrugs*

Nightclub Owner
    On a side note, I want to cry as I thought I was almost done with the goals here and then a new one popped up. When I went to the website to look at what else I may have missed, I saw the other chain for "eggs in a basket" and almost burst into tears. LOL!! I'm sick of burritos and hope to never see one again once these goals are finished. hahaha

L
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I may be wrong, but the way I understand the Android system it is different not only for each carrier, but for each type within each carrier.

For instance, Motorola Droid Bionic works differently than Motorola Droid Razr. Both are Motorola's, both are Droids, but different Droids hence their back-end system is different. That is just one example, now think about all the different Android carriers, and within them all their different products, and you can kind of see why it MIGHT be difficult to implement something that works on all.

HOWEVER, with that being said, the fact that the games DO work makes me think that the goals shouldn't be all that different in regards to functionality. I honestly have no idea why it would be so difficult for that aspect when they can get the games to run on the platform for all the different devices now, but maybe I just don't understand how complicated it is to program goals when compared to how it is for the weekly updates, which Androids have no problem receiving. *shrugs*
    I hadn't thought of that. If we can get the games, weekly updates & goals it does make more sense now that u mention it to be able to get everything.
    Excellent point queen.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    No limit on sending out requests. But be careful. You can only receive 20 requested items which includes requests for parts and goal items. Send out too many requests and you slow yourself down-especially if you send out a ton of parts requests. While it seems to be true that if you send out more than the required number of items needed to complete the goal as soon as you get the required number back from neighbours your request drops off their wall, the same doesn't appear to be true for parts requests. If you need 5 gears and send out a request for 10 moustache wax, 5 measuring cups and 40 gears, then you may get 20 gears and not be able to receive the moustache wax or measuring cup that day. The next day what may happen is that you may get back 15 gears and 2 wax and 3 cups. Then the next day you may get the remaining 5 gears, 8 mustache and 2 cups. You probably would have needed nozzles or screws and would have requested those as well on he second day thus clogging up your requests even more, so, as you can see, less is indeed more.
    This was super helpful. Thank you, and to all who responded below as well.

My last valentine goal will be done at midnight tonight! And although I'm looking forward to making what I want and mastering, I feel like I forgot how to function without goals!

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by beezlemip View Post
    My last valentine goal will be done at midnight tonight! And although I'm looking forward to making what I want and mastering, I feel like I forgot how to function without goals!
    I was a little lost after my bakery goals were over. lol
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Host(ess)
    what are Chocolate hearts? where can i find them?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by guerreritaa14 View Post
    what are Chocolate hearts? where can i find them?
    They are on the chocolate maker.