Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop in prices :(

Fashion Designer
    Looks like the changes are here to stay then.

The reason why some players ran out of money early and wanted to reset is because they lacked an understanding of how the game worked. They sold all their tables and appliances which put them in a bind because then they had no money and no more way to make money.

Once they got how the game worked I don't think many players had an issue with having enough money to prepare recipes.

The fact that recipes are cheaper doesn't change that quantities served has been dramatically reduced, yet cooking times remained the same.

With this change, many players are struggling to keep their shops open without running out of food. There is much less incentive to cook recipes with longer prep times because the quantities produced won't stay on the counters for long.

If they want to stay open they will have to spend a lot of time preparing more efficient recipes.

I understand trying to fix 'surplus food on the counter' (but don't agree with the solution)

But what is 'easier to build for new players'? What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    This change may be by design, but I will check on it.
    The design may be to force players to buy gems in order to advance. I for one will ******* the game rather than spending any more $$ on gems.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    There are several reasons for making the changes, including easier to build for new players (keep in mind recipes are also cheaper now, and many users have commented about running out of money too early and wanting to Reset), and surplus food on counters. While the changes are a bit jarring now for longtime players, we feel in the longrun this will improve the longterm economy and balance of the game.
    I disagree with this logic. I only started playing 2 months ago and am now at level 57. In fact advancing to the next level is quite fast in the beginning. It is harder to advance at the higher levels since it takes both more stars for each level and coins to decorate and expand. Strategic food making with items such as Red Velvet Cake and Earl Grey Tea helps in earning coins and stars for advancement. Now there is no big incentive for me to make anything that takes more than 1 hour. Bad move on TL's part. Listen to your loyal players and restore the original pricing structure!

Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef17 View Post
    I agree with you as one solution to having too much food is not make anything for awhile but I really don't think this was an attempt to address people complaining about too much food. None of them complained that their food was selling for 8 or 10 coins but TL's response was to make everything 4 coins a plate, including food people had already made and paid for under the old rates. I don't see how that addresses having too much food. I think we were asking for the consumption rate to increase so food would sell faster and/or for new dishes to not have so many servings, not for them to cut every single recipe down to a ridiculously low number of servings. Plus, there were no complaints (that I saw) about too much food in Restaurant but they cut down the servings there too. And in their response, I still don't see how this helps new players or increases the longevity of the game for all players. Based on the reviews I'm seeing in the app store since this change, anyone thinking of downloading this game and starting it would be completed turned off. I had a friend who was thinking of trying the games because I was enjoying them so much but when I told them about this new change, they decided to forget it. Too hard for newbies with too little payoff to get to the higher levels.
    What I'm referring to is cutting down the servings that each recipe yields... I feel like the complaints may have fueled this makeover of the game. This is a great example of getting more than you asked for.

Personally, I never had a problem with rate of consumption or the amount of servings a recipe produced. So I'm very disappointed TL went and changed things.

As far as RS story goes.. I'm ready to stop playing. I can't keep anything on my counters at all because things sell soo quickly! And now recipe servings are reduced, so there is NO way I can keep food on my counters in that game. If I ever encounter this problem with Bakery, I'll be very disappointed.

New Resident
    The developers seem to have a much different vision for what kind of game this is than the majority of their user base. There was a limited strategy aspect involved with the five dishes that grossed more than four coins per serving, but now the primary focus of the game seems to be its social and design components.

This may lead to more of the kind of players they want in the long run (those who are willing to spend real money for virtual goods they do not own, which can be removed or effectively stolen through gem traps without any recourse for the user), but it's hard to see the appeal now.

I started this game several months ago and have been surprised at how well it has kept my interest. Maybe this would be a good time for another company to make a similar game; if it required strategy and had an acceptable level of respect for and accountability to its customers, I would have no problem with spending a little money on it.

I'm on level 70-something... I've been playing since June or July.. I NEVER ran out of coins or had any problems building. If someone ran out of coins too early, then they simply didn't play the game strategically. Isn't this categorized as a strategy game in Itunes? Don't change the game because some players aren't very good at managing coins and planning. I've never heard of someone changing a strategy game so that it's "easier" doesn't that defeat the purpose of "strategy."

Just my two cents.....

Host(ess)
    I am getting tired of the poorly communicated changes, the bugs, the questionable decisions, and the hard sell on gems and other game downloads. It's taking the fun out of the game and replacing it with disappointment and annoyance. This isn't the same game I started playing and it isn't fun to bake if everything is the same price. A big part of the strategy has been eliminated. I vow to spend $0 in gems until they put the fun back. I will also be looking for something better to do with my time.

the design team make this change without any simulation first. This is not the way to help new player. However, you guys make things even worse.

I hate the counter is empty, I hate customer's satisfation drop.

If it is impossible to make counter for at least 12hrs daily, then it means suicide for any type of social games.

For social game, we need both enjoy and relax. We play for minites and relax for hours.

Ask the design team try to play new game from lv1, then tell us how intense and nerves to play, how soon the normal player want to quit?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamytreats View Post
    I feel like the complaints may have fueled this makeover of the game.
    Not so sure I agree with that.

I've seen 2 separate threads about this so far. What gets me, is that the people that have cooked those high dollar items at the original prices expecting 10-12 coins per, have wasted the money it cost to make it in the first place. Because now those items also cost less to make but the ones we've already made are now worth less. Where's the balance in this? I agree with someone else saying it should not have affected the dishes we already had. I hope they see these threads and say something, perhaps fix it.