Thread: Goals

New Resident

Goals

I looked around a bit but didn't see this question anywhere. When you click the oven to cook something, you see "chocolate pretzels" as a locked goal. The goal "Exacto Scallops" has a picture of said Chocolate Pretzels but it says the reward is $3,200 and 200XP. I was wondering, if I complete this goal will I get the Chocolate Pretzels as well? and if so, will I be able to cook them forever or will I only be given a limited amount of plates and never be able to cook them again? I'm only interested in the goals if I unlock a plate and am able to cook it whenever I want to.

when I say Chocolate Pretzels I also mean every other "locked" plate that comes with a goal. Hope this was not too confusing.

Other examples are:

- Holiday Ham in the "Enthusiasm" goal; (Oven)
    - Artichoke Hearts in the "Silver Screen" goal; (Oven)

thanks

Fashion Designer
    There are 3 sub-goals to unlock each recipe or prize. You can tell how close you are by looking at the bar at the top of the goal screen. If it's white, you're only on the first set of goals for that recipe. If it's half-filled in, you're on the 2nd set of goals. If it's completely filled in, you're on the 3rd and last set of goals.

We don't know yet how long the locked recipes will stay once they're unlocked.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef17 View Post
    There are 3 sub-goals to unlock each recipe or prize. You can tell how close you are by looking at the bar at the top of the goal screen. If it's white, you're only on the first set of goals for that recipe. If it's half-filled in, you're on the 2nd set of goals. If it's completely filled in, you're on the 3rd and last set of goals.

We don't know yet how long the locked recipes will stay once they're unlocked.
    thank you. You don't know? haven't they done these kind of goals in the past?

I'd also like to know, is it possible to unlock the Fruitcake, Stuffing, Heart Steak, Eggs in a Basket and Lovely Pancakes? because they show up in the recipes list as "locked", but they aren't available to unlock in any of the goals available right now...? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fallenjupiter View Post

I'd also like to know, is it possible to unlock the Fruitcake, Stuffing, Heart Steak, Eggs in a Basket and Lovely Pancakes? because they show up in the recipes list as "locked", but they aren't available to unlock in any of the goals available right now...? thanks

The Fruitcake and Stuffing are currently possible to unlock, but only for the next 15 days. I do not know about the others.

Rhino Keeper
    Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/craftedbypika

This will be the second time we have encountered these kinds of goals. We used to have boring, generic goals, such as buy this and cook this. They awarded some gold and experience and once completed, they were completed. Last Christmas was the first time goals of these kind were released and so we're still getting a feel as to how TL plans on handling the experience. Also, towards the end of December or maybe early January, TL released New Years goals. Same happened in Bakery, Farm, and Fashion Story. (Fashion also received some permanent "generic" goals, but they are more interesting than the original kind because there are item and gem rewards.)

I think people had a hunch the RS goals were limited and TL "confirmed" it by announcing that the goals (and December released items) were to be remove on 1/6. However, people complained, feeling they were not given enough time (especially lower level players) and TL extended it to 1/20. Now, they've extended to 2/9... So technically, we're still in the middle of learning how goals are going to work.

Here is their "official" post on what was supposed to happen on 1/20.

https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...oved-on-Jan-20

Make sure you have Restaurant Story Valentines version. You'll still be able to see your Christmas and New Years goals and you'll see the Valentines goals. Heart Steak is unlocked in a Valentines goal (and likely Eggs in a Basket and Lovely Pancakes but no one is that far yet or they have not posted about it.)

I have Story website with RS Goal section on the left, under Restaurant that links to a spreadsheet that has the new and past goals. You may or may not want to skip the Christmas and New Years ones (so you can focus on the Valentines ones), depending on how far you want to get. So be sure to plan! (I also have some tips that I put under the Goal Tips page.)

https://sites.google.com/site/tlstorygames/

And that's about as much as we know. :3.

Rhino Keeper
    Also, at the time of this post, TL hasn't removed the seasonal decorations yet in most of the Story games. No one has an answer as to why and/or how much longer they are staying (and/or if they are being removed).

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by bawpotter View Post
    The Fruitcake and Stuffing are currently possible to unlock, but only for the next 15 days. I do not know about the others.
    you mean in the Christmas version? because it doesn't show up in the normal and Valentines versions. I deleted the Christmas one when Valentines came out, I've looked for it on iTunes and the app store but it's nowhere to be found. Do you know if it's possible to get it back? The Bakery Story Xmas version is still in the app store, dunno why RS isn't

Rhino Keeper
    you mean in the Christmas version? because it doesn't show up in the normal and Valentines versions. I deleted the Christmas one when Valentines came out, I've looked for it on iTunes and the app store but it's nowhere to be found. Do you know if it's possible to get it back? The Bakery Story Xmas version is still in the app store, dunno why RS isn't
    It shows up for most people in the Valentines version. If you're having trouble, you might want to look around for threads of others with your issue and/or swing by the support forum. :/.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by pika4ever88 View Post
    This will be the second time we have encountered these kinds of goals. We used to have boring, generic goals, such as buy this and cook this. They awarded some gold and experience and once completed, they were completed. Last Christmas was the first time goals of these kind were released and so we're still getting a feel as to how TL plans on handling the experience. Also, towards the end of December or maybe early January, TL released New Years goals. Same happened in Bakery, Farm, and Fashion Story. (Fashion also received some permanent "generic" goals, but they are more interesting than the original kind because there are item and gem rewards.)

I think people had a hunch the RS goals were limited and TL "confirmed" it by announcing that the goals (and December released items) were to be remove on 1/6. However, people complained, feeling they were not given enough time (especially lower level players) and TL extended it to 1/20. Now, they've extended to 2/9... So technically, we're still in the middle of learning how goals are going to work.

Here is their "official" post on what was supposed to happen on 1/20.

https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...oved-on-Jan-20

Make sure you have Restaurant Story Valentines version. You'll still be able to see your Christmas and New Years goals and you'll see the Valentines goals. Heart Steak is unlocked in a Valentines goal (and likely Eggs in a Basket and Lovely Pancakes but no one is that far yet or they have not posted about it.)

I have Story website with RS Goal section on the left, under Restaurant that links to a spreadsheet that has the new and past goals. You may or may not want to skip the Christmas and New Years ones (so you can focus on the Valentines ones), depending on how far you want to get. So be sure to plan! (I also have some tips that I put under the Goal Tips page.)

https://sites.google.com/site/tlstorygames/

And that's about as much as we know. :3.
    Quote Originally Posted by pika4ever88 View Post
    Also, at the time of this post, TL hasn't removed the seasonal decorations yet in most of the Story games. No one has an answer as to why and/or how much longer they are staying (and/or if they are being removed).
    Thank you so much for your answer, it helped a lot
    so these food goals are a new thing... good to know I didn't miss a lot before I started playing the game (in September). I had never cared so much about the goals before because I thought the XP points and money you got from them was not really worth the time you spent cooking/completing them (in my opinion). But now that the goals unlock new recipes, it's a whole different thing I definitely want to get as many recipes as possible.

Like I said in my post above, I do not see any Christmas goals on my goals list, probably because I deleted that version of the game when the new Valentines one came out (and because they announced everything Xmas related would be deleted anyway). At the time I thought it was pointless to keep that version of the game on my phone so I removed it. Now I realize I shouldn't have because I wanted to complete the goals that unlocked food recipes. If anyone knows where/how I can get the Christmas version back, that would be great, because I don't see it in the app store anymore. Thank you!