Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games Slow

New Resident

Angry Games Slow

I noticed the game has been getting slower and slower. When I started playing the game a couple months ago (September) it used to run WAY smoother. Now it takes about 1 minute to load the game; many times it freezes for over 10 seconds when I'm simply "moving around" the restaurant, when I'm collecting tips or cooking new dishes. It's constantly freezing! When I visit my neighbors's restaurants to tip, it takes over 20 seconds to load each restaurant. It's really frustrating! sometimes I have to give up and quit the game. The Valentines version runs a bit smoother than the normal one but it still freezes often.
    I have erased all my internet cookies/history, I have uninstalled several apps and tried many other things, but it still does the same! Is anyone else having the same issue? Is it because my phone is 'old'?

I am using an iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2.1 and the most recent version of the games (both original and Valentines). I'd appreciate if anyone could help me here. I'm in love with the game but this is a huge bummer

Banned
    I'm sorry your having this issue, not sure if you've tried syncing your iPhone. Are you at nearly memory capacity?
    Have you considered updating to IOS5 it might help, is it just RS your having issues with that's if you do play other story games? Not sure if you've tried restarting your device?

The Honorable Panda
    Try to see if you can update you iphone to at least version 4.3.5 .
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Mine is the same today, latest update, good memory, not sure what's going on, any ideas?

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by barleycoon View Post
    I'm sorry your having this issue, not sure if you've tried syncing your iPhone. Are you at nearly memory capacity?
    Have you considered updating to IOS5 it might help, is it just RS your having issues with that's if you do play other story games? Not sure if you've tried restarting your device?
    I can't update to iOS5 because the iPhone 3G doesn't support it. The last iOS update made for this phone was 4.2.1, which is the one I have.. :/

I'm not sure what syncing an iPhone is or how it can be done. Concerning the memory capacity, I have 5.4GB free out of 6.9GB, so it's far from being full.
    I have restarted my device plenty of times. Sometimes quitting the game for a few minutes helps a little but after a while the problems return. The Pet Shop Story game doesn't give me so many problems, not even close. These are the two Story games I play. I wouldn't care so much if I didn't have 60+ neighbors, but as a 4-star player, I tip daily and freezing for 20+ seconds every time I visit a restaurant, and freezing whenever I leave a tip on a table, it becomes really frustrating. Sometimes the game shuts itself down on its own and makes my home screen (springboard) very slow and keeps freezing for a few seconds.
    I have other games installed on my phone and they never caused me any problems :/

And thank you for your help.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenjupiter View Post
    I can't update to iOS5 because the iPhone 3G doesn't support it. The last iOS update made for this phone was 4.2.1, which is the one I have.. :/

I'm not sure what syncing an iPhone is or how it can be done. Concerning the memory capacity, I have 5.4GB free out of 6.9GB, so it's far from being full.
    I have restarted my device plenty of times. Sometimes quitting the game for a few minutes helps a little but after a while the problems return. The Pet Shop Story game doesn't give me so many problems, not even close. These are the two Story games I play. I wouldn't care so much if I didn't have 60+ neighbors, but as a 4-star player, I tip daily and freezing for 20+ seconds every time I visit a restaurant, and freezing whenever I leave a tip on a table, it becomes really frustrating. Sometimes the game shuts itself down on its own and makes my home screen (springboard) very slow and keeps freezing for a few seconds.
    I have other games installed on my phone and they never caused me any problems :/

And thank you for your help.
    Do you have a strong wifi connection when playing? How is it when you use other applications and use the internet?

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Do you have a strong wifi connection when playing? How is it when you use other applications and use the internet?
    I just did a speed test on a website (speedtest.net), it says:

Download Speed: 31.51 Mbps
    Upload Speed: 1.92 Mbps

is it bad?

New Resident
    I don't have issues with other apps and games, they run smooth

The Honorable Panda
    TL is currently looking into this Freezing issue.

Please post here https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...l=1#post220915

Your device
    Storm ID (if different than your member name)
    The game you are having issues with
    What you are doing when you game freezes.

@fallen- I have copied your post to the above thread.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 01-26-12 at 06:35 AM.

are there too many french toasts crashing the servers lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast