Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What time zone does Team Lava operate in?

Rhino Keeper
    Doesn't GMT mean Group Magma Time? Lol jk.

Well, it's EST where I live, so I think that every time should be calculated around EST

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    And how come all other zones are calculated on...GMT?
    I think that's because when it was being decided which time zone to base all others from, it was determined that people from the UK weren't as capable of doing "clock-math" as those in other time zones. An executive decision was made to keep it easy for them by making them the zero. All other timezones are chock full of clever people who can easily manage with GMT-1, GMT+8, etc., but the folks in GMT just couldn't handle the stress of a "complicated" concept like that (especially brits).

So while GMT may be the best, being the smartest is a whole other ballgame.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Montegoe View Post
    I think that's because when it was being decided which time zone to base all others from, it was determined that people from the UK weren't as capable of doing "clock-math" as those in other time zones. An executive decision was made to keep it easy for them by making them the zero. All other timezones are chock full of clever people who can easily manage with GMT-1, GMT+8, etc., but the folks in GMT just couldn't handle the stress of a "complicated" concept like that (especially brits).

I second this. Good theory

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Montegoe View Post

At this point, I'm going to point out that the UK has some of the best and most renowned education in the world.
    So there.

Grand Emperor

At this point, I'm going to point out that the UK has some of the best and most renowned education in the world.
    So there.
    I have mountains

Rhino Keeper
    So there.
    I married a Brit so I can say things like that. If the UK has some of the best and most remowned education in the world what happened to you?

Okay Rachael, I'll stop now. It's probably coming across mean and nasty and that's not what I am intending. Just taking the p out of you (see! I know how to speak English English as well!).

Executive Chef

So there.
    Oh ya? Well, I have.. I have.. Maple Syrups! Bam!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I have mountains
    Hahaha you make me laugh

Rhino Keeper
    I remember reading it somewhere that the game reset at 12PST, is that correct? AM or PM?

I am in HK, trying to work out when I should request nbr for material , gift , tip etc thx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast