Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gem purchased items should be able to be sold for gems

gem purchased items should be able to be sold for gems

I can't understand why we can't sell gem bought items for gems, especially annoying when u purchase mystery boxes trying to get something different, I've ended up with 12 green coffee tables, 8 green dressing rooms, 6 antique registers just to name a few. At 24 gems a pop, its pretty off putting that I can't even sell them back for a partial refund of the price paid. Too scared to try for the rarer items now as I may just get another coffee table and 24 gems will be down the toilet

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ange1976 View Post
    I can't understand why we can't sell gem bought items for gems, especially annoying when u purchase mystery boxes trying to get something different, I've ended up with 12 green coffee tables, 8 green dressing rooms, 6 antique registers just to name a few. At 24 gems a pop, its pretty off putting that I can't even sell them back for a partial refund of the price paid. Too scared to try for the rarer items now as I may just get another coffee table and 24 gems will be down the toilet
    i think you meant to post in the fashion story discussion...

Executive Chef
    They wont refund because that's just how TL is and they are a business that needs to earn money...

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by dalula View Post
    i think you meant to post in the fashion story discussion...
    Ah, doesn't matter.

If everything was sold back for gems it could remove the "rarity" or "common-ness" of some items.

Tuesday, 10th January 2012-1946~First UN General Assembly Meeting
    Christmas Content: Scheduled for removal January, 13th
    "The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway"

Sorry, this was one of my first posts, was still figuring out how the site works, won't happen again, I know what I'm doing now, prob still relevent for this forum tho

I'm not talking about a full refund tho, but if you sell a coin bought item u get a small amount of coin back, so doesn't it make sense that if u sell a gem bought item u should get a small amount of gems back?

TOTALLY agree. Not so much for the mystery boxes, but the gem bought decorations and such should be worth AT LEAST half the gem price it was bought for.

Rhino Keeper
    ....but yeah its totally that if you buy something worth 55 gems you only get like 2000 coins for it
    Last edited by ButterPanda; 02-21-12 at 12:05 PM.

Based on a quick test I just did, the rate of return on coin-bought items is 20%. I think it would be a good idea to return a similar percentage of gems as well. The 80% penalty is pretty steep, being able to get gems back is not a license to buy everything and wear it for a day with the tag still on....

On other note, I would never buy a mystery box! The first time I did was on accident, in Bakery. What I got from that mystery box (24 gems) was a lamp that I did not especially like or want which I had could have gotten for 14 gems if I did. I think the mystery box should have at least contained two such lamps, for a modest four gem discount. Plus, there are more decorative possibilities when used as a pair and the player might not have the gems to buy a matching one.

Fashion Designer
    Outside my iPad trying to keep the peeps who live inside happy.
    Sorry, this was one of my first posts, was still figuring out how the site works, won't happen again, I know what I'm doing now, prob still relevent for this forum tho

It's not a big deal. We all goof up. And you're right it would apply to any of the story games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast