Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast Sellers

Banned
    I too like to have a range of clothes, I think it does help with the selling rate. I've been playing since the game come out.
    When, I first started playing I tried to build up lots of quick stock items and then more longer term ones, it does get easier to maintain a good stock level, once into middle levels. I think we do lose money when we change an order as we have to cancel and spend money on a new order. Some players block the door or cash register, however it can result in a quick sale sometimes and all stock may go. I've found it helps to visit nbrs after unblocking the door, so it may help prevent the quick sale. Getting your 20 gifts a day also helps with stock levels.

I don't know if some items sale faster than others, if they do the quantity was lower, if u leave ur shop open u will sale out depending on how many of that item u have. I like to keep 1000-1200 on each so they can last, but when I have to restock I just lock my doors till I'm where I want to b. I love fashion story, now the bakery and resturant is getting on my nerve the way they've changed..but in the end I'll decided to keeping playing r let them go!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by elon402 View Post
    I don't know if some items sale faster than others, if they do the quantity was lower, if u leave ur shop open u will sale out depending on how many of that item u have. I like to keep 1000-1200 on each so they can last, but when I have to restock I just lock my doors till I'm where I want to b. I love fashion story, now the bakery and resturant is getting on my nerve the way they've changed..but in the end I'll decided to keeping playing r let them go!!!
    Thanks. What do you mean "lock" your doors? Is that just blocking the door and what about everything selling out when you open the door? That would make me crazy! :-)

I would like to know how to lock my root?

I blocked the door when I wanted to stock the items in my store but when I unblocking the door I've found my items gone, does anyone have any good plans to stock the items?

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=queentina3;205707]Ok, new player to FS and I have question that I searched the forums for and couldn't locate a thread already on it.

I'm starting out my store so don't have a lot of cash. It is growing, but not at rate that I can needlessly spend it on items that hold products.

I started observing some customers' behavior for the last one month. This is what I discovered. Every customer will look at either one or two items and they will buy the latter item if they are looking at 2. Before they pay at the register, they will need to look at the mirrors or enter the changing booths to have a heart balloon appear above their heads. For the golden earrings which I ordered in thousands to meet the Valentine goals, I put them near the door and next to a mirror. The customers simply have to turn to look at the mirror after looking at the earrings. I hope this will help the sale of your diamond earrings.

I created a bridal corner that is near the door and place all items from White Swan and Princess there. The Princess gowns has over 1000 pieces but they sold out within one day. Or rather, I have to order White Swan and Princess daily.

To increase my sales, I order more clothes that cost $5. Some take 6 to 9 hours. It doesn't mean that the longer hours for the order, they will all cost $5; the Snow Princess gowns are only at $2 while the shoes and accessories are at $5. The preppy student vest and the fairy gowns cost $5 but they only take 6to 8 hours. So I repeat some orders everyday and make more than 40,000 thousand within 8 hours while I sleep.

To speed sales, I put 3 cash registers and 2 doors. The cash registers are close to the doors and the racks. one door at the front and the other at the opposite rear end.

I know some fast sellers are those orders that range from 1 min to 6 hours. The programming is in such a way that customers will go for these items first so I usually order less of these clothes and try to beat the system by positioning my racks, mirrors and cashiers so that I don't have to keep ordering. I am not sure if my observation is right but I notice there are more customers coming in around California morning hours. They seem to walk faster too. not too sure aboutbthis observation.

Lastly, to reiterate, just put a mirror next to the earrings so that the love bubble comes up quickly and customers don't have to walk to changing booths. Also, try to put the earrings near the door. Looking at mirrors or visiting changing rooms are two actions that programmers have programmed. Customers do either one of these action before they walk to cashiers.

I hope my observations help.

Rhino Keeper
    I've been playing a relatively long time and I've picked up some tips thank you. I started with short time orders (at a weekend) then moved to longer and longer orders until I built up stocks. Rather than block the door you can make some areas within your store inaccessible which helps keep it looking full and able to receive likes. If you find other areas empty when u return u can move this stock into the main store while other orders are under way.

I am never empty now but do find goals reduce my stock as they are often long order items. Without goals I do a mixture of shortish and longer timed orders and this seems to balance well. It does get easier so good luck!!

liked your response. very helpful.

New Resident
    When I first started I got overwhelmed with trying to keep stock. It took some time to learn and keep it up, but my store is set up with reserves. I set up my shoes with a spare in the middle that is unreachable in case the outer shoes go low I can switch while restocking. Same with purses etc. My racks are set as shirts, pants, dresses. Each of those also have reserve. The pants and shirts have at least 3 spare racks that can be switched out when the outer rack gets low. Specially when using the 8 hour or above clothing. My dresses have a larger reserve. I've been playing for over a year it seems and I say which is a best seller. I just keep a fully stocked store ALL the time with no need to block doors using the reserve method. Using that method over time you can stock up to over a million in coins. I can't say I've dropped below millions in good while.

Oh feel free to add me! Cupcakizzle

New Resident
    ..also I order all my fast stuff during the day leaving my bigger items for bedtime!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast