Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast Sellers

Nightclub Owner

Fast Sellers

Ok, new player to FS and I have question that I searched the forums for and couldn't locate a thread already on it.

I'm starting out my store so don't have a lot of cash. It is growing, but not at rate that I can needlessly spend it on items that hold products.

I have over 5000 diamond earrings from the Mrs Klaus collection that just aren't selling. I really need that place for something that will sell.

So my question is:

What are the big sellers? I know from the spreadsheet what makes the most money, but that doesn't always give an idea of the biggest selling items.

Any help would be appreciated.

Banned
    I've always found that the quick stock orders seem to sell quicker, make more money and more XP. I try to have a selection of different clothes, and have as many fitting rooms, mirrors and tills needed for the level of expansion currently at. Also I have a clear pathway to the mirrors, tills and fitting rooms and door or doors. Hope that helps.
    Your shop will soon grow and you'll be able to decorate however you wish, I adore playing fashion story.

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks for the advice barleycoon. With all my games I try to leave one slot/appliance/market/etc....open overnight while all the others are making 12 hour items, this way if my place sells out overnight I can quickly make a short time maker to place out for selling. The longer time items, when they finish, end up being quite a bit when placed out for selling and if they don't sell, well I've just wasted a spot.

I'm not sure if these diamonds are ever going to sell and I'm not ditching them as I hate to waste coins like that. LOL

Rhino Keeper

Smile Fast Sellers/Strategy

Hi Ladies,
    I just started playing fashion story about 10 days ago and I am addicted and trying to learn as much as I can. My level is 20 and my plan (so far) is not to buy many gems. Do you think you can be successful without them. I did however breakdown and purchase the make-up counter -- I had to have one! It nearly ****ed me waiting for the darn thing to be built and there was no way I was going to shell out more money.

Anyway, in reading your posts, I was hoping you could answer a few questions for me? I was not aware that there were items that sold faster than others or didn't sell at all. I figured the reason the quick stock orders went faster was because there were fewer in quantity. Are there items that don't sell? I haven't had that experience, as a matter of fact, I sell out everynight. I try to have as much inventory as possible but by morning....empty store! It really bothers me but not enough to get up in the middle of the night. :-) Do you know how much stock you have to have in order not run out in an 8hour period? Any tips on not running out? I plan for all my items (except for orders that take more than 16 hours to come in by my bedtime and then order 6 -9 hour items so that I can immediately restock - but to fill that many racks - takes awhile and mornings are busy for me.

Do you receive a new order space at each level, it seems to me that I didn't get one when i reached 19! Is the same amount of xp points needed for each level or does it increase?

Barleycoon - Do you know the ratio of how many mirrors, dressing rooms, stock, registers you need for each level of expansion!!!! Does it really effect your sales if you don't have enough? Like I mentioned I don't seem to have any problems selling things, but I really need more order buttons.

Regarding item costs, is the sale price the number in the top right corner of the screen and is that the amount you get for each item sold or is that the amount you pay to buy the item??

Hopefully i'm not asking too many questions!
    Thanks for your help!!!

One thing I do is surround some racks so they don't sell. Move them back in the morning.

Rhino Keeper
    I've been playing since last August (level 77 now) and even though I've tried to observe sales closely, I really don't know if any items sell better than any others. To me they all seem to sell at about the same rate. So the diamond earrings should sell fine, it's just that when you have so many of them it doesn't seem like their numbers are going down as fast when in fact they are. I have as many as 50,000+ of the same item on some racks and they sell at the same rate as items I only have 100 of. Are you sure your diamond earrings are accessible and not blocked from customers?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by flaquitachula View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    Barleycoon - Do you know the ratio of how many mirrors, dressing rooms, stock, registers you need for each level of expansion!!!! Does it really effect your sales if you don't have enough? Like I mentioned I don't seem to have any problems selling things, but I really need more order buttons.
    I don't think there is a very accurate ratio for mirrors and dressing rooms. My shop is at maximum size but 6 dressing rooms and 7 mirrors can already keep customers' happiness up to 100. Just need to make sure dressing room locates near clothing racks and mirrors near shoes/accessories.

Banned
    Hi Flaquitachula, please don't ever worry about asking questions, it helps us all with the reply's. Sorry I don't know the exact amount for each level of expansion. I try to judge it based on if the customer rating is showing at 100% happiness.
    I don't know if anyone has any information on this, it could be quite useful if someone has time.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Zatara View Post
    I've been playing since last August (level 77 now) and even though I've tried to observe sales closely, I really don't know if any items sell better than any others. To me they all seem to sell at about the same rate. So the diamond earrings should sell fine, it's just that when you have so many of them it doesn't seem like their numbers are going down as fast when in fact they are. I have as many as 50,000+ of the same item on some racks and they sell at the same rate as items I only have 100 of. Are you sure your diamond earrings are accessible and not blocked from customers?
    Agree, the same selling rate is roughly applied on all accessible items in the shop. But the selling rate depends on number of factors. Less variety of items will make the selling rate faster, e.g. the selling rate can be sell 30 items/hour for total 20 accessible items vs 27 items/hour for total 30 accessible items (but please don't fix up with the earning rate. In this example, 30 accessible items still earn more in an hour: 30 * 27 * $2 = $1620 vs 20 * 30 * $2 = $1200)

Also, try logging in to your shop at least a few times during a day if you are able to do so. When I was away from the shop for a day, the next time I logged in, I really found my shop not selling.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by maggieyyli View Post
    Agree, the same selling rate is roughly applied on all accessible items in the shop. But the selling rate depends on number of factors. Less variety of items will make the selling rate faster, e.g. the selling rate can be sell 30 items/hour for total 20 accessible items vs 27 items/hour for total 30 accessible items (but please don't fix up with the earning rate. In this example, 30 accessible items still earn more in an hour: 30 * 27 * $2 = $1620 vs 20 * 30 * $2 = $1200)

Also, try logging in to your shop at least a few times during a day if you are able to do so. When I was away from the shop for a day, the next time I logged in, I really found my shop not selling.
    Great advice -- thanks. I also wonder if quantity has any effect on selling rate. It I am trying to stock my stores with large quantities of each item because i am tired of waking up to an empty store. I have about 42 accessible items. I am at level 25 and have been playing (obsessing) for about two weeks. The last two nights i have blocked some of my inventory so as to build up the quantity. It's kind of a pain to rearrange at night and again in the morning - especially when i am trying to get my kids ready for school (lol), but it seems to have helped - especially on items that have a longer order time. What kind of tricks do you use? How long have you been playing? Add me if you would like - flaquitachula. Thanks. Oh yeah, do you know if you lose money when you change an order? thx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast