Thread: Problems responding to materials request

Problems responding to materials request

I play on an Android device, and I get notifications (either pop-ups or in the drop-down menu while I'm playing another game) that my neighbors have requested materials for goals, but if I open the game I can't find the request anywhere or respond to it. I also play Bakery and Restaurant, and prior to the most recent Android updates for those (where we FINALLY got collectibles and badges), I could see materials requests for goals in the i-device versions of the games in my news updates and I was able to send my neighbors what they needed. However, after the update I can no longer see these requests except for in the pop-up notifications and can no longer fulfill them. I've never been able to see Fashion Story materials requests.

Is this a glitch that I can no longer fulfill these requests, or is the glitch that I'm getting the notifications at all since I'm an Android user? My neighbors are usually pretty good about sending me things I request for constructable appliances, I'd like to be able to return the favor for their goals!

Grand Emperor
    Android players do not receive requests for goal related items. TL has stated this.

We still receive requests for parts for constructables from both iOS and Android.

The notifications are a bug and you really shouldn't be getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Android players do not receive requests for goal related items. TL has stated this.

We still receive requests for parts for constructables from both iOS and Android.

The notifications are a bug and you really shouldn't be getting them.
    I am CONSTANTLY getting requests for goal related items, so it must be a glitch if TL claims Android users don't get them. It's really annoying b/c sometimes I get repeated pop-ups asking me to help my friends out by fulfilling their materials request and I can't.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by missbeccalou View Post
    I am CONSTANTLY getting requests for goal related items, so it must be a glitch if TL claims Android users don't get them. It's really annoying b/c sometimes I get repeated pop-ups asking me to help my friends out by fulfilling their materials request and I can't.
    I was getting the popups in the summer when they released the drink machine and ice cream machine to iOS but not Android. Its extremely annoying to get those popups. Eventually TL changed it so we didn't get the popups.

I haven't gotten a popup for the Christmas and New Years goal requests yet and don't know why some get them and others don't. I have notifications turned on only for when my food/crops are ready, maybe there's one that if you turn it off you won't get them anymore.

Grand Emperor
    That's wierd. Since they changed it so Android doesn't get goal related requests I've never gotten one

The same thing is happening to me, in Fashion Story, & my neighbors think I'm just not fulfilling them. But, I can't. If I tap the notification, it doesn't respond & I can't find the request anywhere else. Very frustrating...

So Android is getting push notes for requests they can't see ... I will let the team know about this issue.
    Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread

Nightclub Owner
    I'm having a problem responding to requests and sending out requests. I'm an Android user and for some reason whenever I try to request, gift, or respond to a request with a gift my game just states "processing" and when it finally goes through, it tells me that I've already sent a request or gift but my neighbors aren't getting them. :-(

I had to put messages on my Walls in RS and CS for what I needed sent as gifts so that I could finish my "build" items. It took me over 3 days to get my Tar Pits built and I have almost 100 neighbors in CS. They kept sending me libraries, mj's, and trees as they didn't know I needed parts instead. I've only completed 1 out of the 4 parts needed for my drink machine in RS and at the rate I'm going, I'll never get it built. :-(

I just tried to gift a new neighbor in FS and it won't let me. It says I've already gifted them but I haven't. When I go to their store I see the gift icon lit up just waiting for me to press it, but then it doesn't process it.