Thread: Any other tasks or ways to earn gems?

Executive Chef

Any other tasks or ways to earn gems?

I am trying to decide how to spend my few gems. Besides the two early tasks where you earn two gems each, and the 3 gems you "earn" breeding a liger (I say "earn" in quotes because you have to spend 7, resulting in a net loss of 4), are there any other tasks or ways to earn gems? I want to know if I'm at the end of my gem-earning capacity so I can figure out exactly how to spend them.

I know I want to buy at least 1 animal, and if there are more tasks after the liger which do not require you to spend gems, I might chose the liger as my 1 animal so I can keep going with the tasks. But what I really wanted was a scarlet macaw. If I buy the liger I won't have enough gems for the macaw. But if I knew I could earn a few more to get the macaw later, I'll just do the liger task.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm up to level 26 and have come across no other ways to earn gems. The only goal I've had that rewards gems without having to spend gems was the Penguin family one I think?

There are a lot of goals that require gems to complete. To unlock the Mandril monkey you have to use 1 gem to skip buying a pizza shack and then get 3 silver back gorillas or skip for 7 gems. To unlock a puma you need 2 jaguars and 2 snow leopards or skip for 8 gems and that's not even the final step of the goal so I don't know how many more gems you would need to spend.

Executive Chef
    Thanks. I just got to the penguin one. I'm sorry to hear it's the last gem reward. All the gem-required tasks just rot.

I am also v frustrated with the lack of ways to obtain more gems other than spending real cash. Obviously it is a ploy to spend money since the game is 'free'. Very disappointing. If anyone finds a way to access more gems without cash please let us know!

Rhino Keeper
    I also have found no way to earn gems, ever {am at level 27}.
    Some of the "tasks", as you mentioned, reward you with gems ONCE COMPLETE but it's pretty much a net negative on your gem balance as has already been pointed out.