Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 149 Gems for a border collie! What if we can't afford to buy gems

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvie4163 View Post
    It's not wasting money if they enjoy the game, and if it makes them happy.
    It might be wasteful to you, but not to them. (haven't bought the collie tho. A little overpriced for me, and since the game doesn't go past lvl 20 I'm not so sure I want to buy anymore gems there..)
    "money doesnt buy happiness" Dont judge me ppl, its not my quote.

Its just sad that they would spend money like that. I know some can be happy but u could save someone with the same money! thats just an example. U dont need the game to be happy. Give the money to someone who really needs.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by xSnowyOwlx View Post
    Everyone gets to decide how they spend their money, that's true. The sad thing - to me - is how many people just can't stop spending the money on stuff like this.
    YEs! Thats what I meant!!! Exactly!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by yo3ana View Post
    I've 137 neighbors and none of them got the border collie, and I do visit other stores at community never seen border collie displayed so I think I'm not the only one who think its stupid to get a border collie of 149 gems lol.
    Sadly, I've seen lots of them. And lots of bullfrogs, too, which means people actually spent $120 on a complete border collie family.

Rhino Keeper
    If you earn the money, you can do whatever you please with it. People do not need to donate to anything if they do not want to, and chastising them for spending their own money how they want to will only cause strife. I get that you all believe that money can be spent in a better way, but this thread has basically come down to talking about how the people who have spent the money on the border collie are bad people for not making charitable donations.

Addiction is an issue. Some people gamble with their money, some choose to buy the border collie. I won't say that either is right or wrong, but I will say that it is their money and they have that choice. If/until the border collie is available for purchase with coins, I just feel like we're all beating a dead horse here.

But, that's just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like.

Executive Chef
    Okay let's conclude this... Everyone has their own opinions and ppl can spend their money however they want to bc it's their decision. Thank u.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaMiya808 View Post
    If you earn the money, you can do whatever you please with it. People do not need to donate to anything if they do not want to, and chastising them for spending their own money how they want to will only cause strife. I get that you all believe that money can be spent in a better way, but this thread has basically come down to talking about how the people who have spent the money on the border collie are bad people for not making charitable donations.

Addiction is an issue. Some people gamble with their money, some choose to buy the border collie. I won't say that either is right or wrong, but I will say that it is their money and they have that choice. If/until the border collie is available for purchase with coins, I just feel like we're all beating a dead horse here.

But, that's just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like.
    I second this

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shakiba View Post
    "money doesnt buy happiness" Dont judge me ppl, its not my quote.

Its just sad that they would spend money like that. I know some can be happy but u could save someone with the same money! thats just an example. U dont need the game to be happy. Give the money to someone who really needs.
    Totally agree, IMO the money could be used to help REAL pets

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by dalula View Post
    Totally agree, IMO the money could be used to help REAL pets
    I buy and spend a lot of gems. And if you've read other threads I've posted in you would see that I also give a large amount of money to animal rescue charities. It is possible to do both. I don't find that its sad if people spend lots on gems.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I buy and spend a lot of gems. And if you've read other threads I've posted in you would see that I also give a large amount of money to animal rescue charities. It is possible to do both. I don't find that its sad if people spend lots on gems.
    Oh and wanted to add that its my money and if I choose to spend it on frivolous things rather then donating it somewhere that would be my prerogative.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    +1

I sometimes spend money on luxurious items, and I also give to charity. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Some of my friends are careful with money, but they don't help others either.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast