Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tasmanian wolf?

Host(ess)

Tasmanian wolf?

There's no such thing as a Tasmanian 'Wolf'. I don't know where TL got that name from. The Thylacine's common name has always been the Tasmanian 'Tiger'. Could this be fixed? As an Australian, this obvious error is really irritating...

Executive Chef
    I know that is pretty annoying! but at least they didn't call the Koala a "Koala bear"

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by redbites View Post
    I know that is pretty annoying! but at least they didn't call the Koala a "Koala bear"
    Good point!

Executive Chef
    If you google Tasmanian wolf you'll see tons of instances that say that the Tasmanian tiger is also called the Tasmanian wolf. It might be a less common name but it doesn't seem to be an error.

New Resident
    stote is correct, references to Tasmanian Wolf are incorrect. As redbites pointed out about the incorrect use of Koala Bear, you'll find a lot more references to Koala Bears in google than you will Tasmanian Wolf. Both are not correct. Just us Aussie's pointing out to the TeamLava team that they have used the wrong name for the extinct Thylacine...

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by driftboutique View Post
    If you google Tasmanian wolf you'll see tons of instances that say that the Tasmanian tiger is also called the Tasmanian wolf. It might be a less common name but it doesn't seem to be an error.
    Do you have a link or a pie chart to prove this is true? (Just teasing you )

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zedgirl View Post
    stote is correct, references to Tasmanian Wolf are incorrect. As redbites pointed out about the incorrect use of Koala Bear, you'll find a lot more references to Koala Bears in google than you will Tasmanian Wolf. Both are not correct. Just us Aussie's pointing out to the TeamLava team that they have used the wrong name for the extinct Thylacine...
    I'm talking about scientific references.

(confidential to pinkster: LOL)

Executive Chef
    Try googling it, just because the common name is Tasmanian Tiger doesn't mean there's no such thing as a Tasmanian wolf. Actually, they're canines anyways so they certainly are closer to wolves.

Executive Chef
    I meant to say they look more like canines, certainly not felines. That is how they got that name - wolf - added.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast