Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Farm Holiday Items being Removed January 20th

At least make these seasonal crops no more than 12 hour crops so we can actually master them. 36 hours is also a tricky time frame to work with, just like the 18 hour ones.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lueann View Post
    They never used to take stuff away. Why are they doing it now?
    They've been doing it for more than a year now. All of last year's Halloween stuff was removed from the store before last year's Christmas stuff came out.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniLaura View Post
    They've been doing it for more than a year now. All of last year's Halloween stuff was removed from the store before last year's Christmas stuff came out.
    But it's still a valid question, and I would like to hear TeamLava's justification from a TeamLava employee.

Rhino Keeper
    I assume it'd be something like their game, their call....if they kept everything they released you'd be scrolling forever trying to find something, i like the allure of short time release items, as for time frame, all mastery is for is the gnome (which i have waaay too many girl gnomes and a gem, the 2nd level mastery is easy to get to, if you really want it take the time to do the plant and sell technique, if not there is time to do it if its what you focus on clear your land and just start going...may not be ideal but its better than no crop at all or another gem item that most people complain about because it isn't for coin or a new crop,

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock1963 View Post
    But it's still a valid question, and I would like to hear TeamLava's justification from a TeamLava employee.
    The answer from a TL employee was given after Halloween (emphasis added):

Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    Out with the old, in with the new.

Please note that all Halloween items are being removed from all our games. This will be the policy moving forward with seasonal content; when the holiday season is over, the items will no longer be available from the Store or Design menus. Master those crops, recipes and orders right away!

This will not affect animals/decorations/etc. you've purchased and wish to keep in the game, like Nightmare in Farm Story, the Bat Belfry in City Story, and more.
    Basically, the answer is, "This is what we are doing now."

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerZionLion View Post
    I assume it'd be something like their game, their call....
    Yeah, that seems to be their attitude about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerZionLion View Post
    if they kept everything they released you'd be scrolling forever trying to find something, i like the allure of short time release items, as for time frame, all mastery is for is the gnome (which i have waaay too many girl gnomes and a gem, the 2nd level mastery is easy to get to, if you really want it take the time to do the plant and sell technique, if not there is time to do it if its what you focus on clear your land and just start going...may not be ideal but its better than no crop at all or another gem item that most people complain about because it isn't for coin or a new crop,
    It would be more effort to find something in the store if they kept everything, but I would much prefer to scroll through the larger inventory than to lose the option to buy things I want but don't currently have resources to purchase. I do NOT like short time release items, and frankly I don't understand why it would add to allure. I hate being pressured.

I too have more gnomes than I'm interested in displaying, but not everyone feels that way. And as for all the tricks to master the crops, not everyone has the resources to plant and immediately plow over again and again until they reach level 4 in a crop. Besides, some of us would like to have the option of planting the pretty flowers and changing them out when we like for display. And you may have enough gems that you don't care about how many more you get, but not everyone does.

Personally, I think TeamLava has put way too much emphasis lately on quantity of new content over quality, and I would have preferred that if they weren't going to give adequate time to master the new seasonal crops, that they not introduce so many. They could have saved some for next year and given themselves time to work out some more of the kinks.

Rhino Keeper
    so android users are never going to get the trees and crops that ios users got for goals? so we will forever have blank spots on many peoples' farms where they have these items? bummer!

Rhino Keeper
    I think that eventually we will be able to see all of the cool stuff that they got but will never have a chance to get for ourselves.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock1963 View Post
    I think that eventually we will be able to see all of the cool stuff that they got but will never have a chance to get for ourselves.
    I would guess this correct. (Ps I'm one of the gnome displayers )

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniLaura View Post
    The answer from a TL employee was given after Halloween (emphasis added):

Basically, the answer is, "This is what we are doing now."
    I understand that this is now their policy, but WHY has it become their policy?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast