Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puma vs panther

Farm Supplier

Puma vs panther

The puma and the panther have the same preview art. One of them is bought with gems and the other one you get from a goal. Does anyone have both of these? Are they really the same?

Farm Supplier
    Now with photos

Executive Chef
    I've been wondering about this myself.

Rhino Keeper
    Don't panther's have black coats? I think there must be an error with the images.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Miquilis View Post
    Don't panther's have black coats? I think there must be an error with the images.
    There is such a thing as a black panther, but puma and panther are both terms referring to the same animal, also known as a mountain lion. Pretty interesting! I was skeptical when I first learned that from a zookeeper but it is true.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by driftboutique View Post
    There is such a thing as a black panther, but puma and panther are both terms referring to the same animal, also known as a mountain lion. Pretty interesting! I was skeptical when I first learned that from a zookeeper but it is true.
    That is interesting. I always thought panthers were black. Except for the pink panther of course.

Executive Chef
    Pumas, panthers and cougars (the cat, not the women) are all in the same category, and I haven't seen a panther on my list of animals in the game.

Farm Supplier
    I still think it's weird. I saw a black panther in a community zoo. I wonder if that's what the "panther" image s supposed to look like, or maybe the black panther came from a mystery box.

Executive Chef
    Panthers and Pumas

What is a panther? One of the big cats, right? Not exactly, it turns out that a panther can be any of several big cats: a leopard, a jaguar, or a puma. The famous black panther is usually a black leopard; the black color is caused by a non-transferable mutation, and if you look closely you will see that this black cat has spots. Technically, tigers, lions, leopards, and jaguars are all members of the genus Panthera.

In a classic Smothers Brothers routine, **** deflates Tom by telling him that there are no pumas in North America. He was probably pulling his brother's leg. Actually pumas are found only in North and South America. A puma is also called a cougar or a mountain lion.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice2 View Post
    Panthers and Pumas

What is a panther? One of the big cats, right? Not exactly, it turns out that a panther can be any of several big cats: a leopard, a jaguar, or a puma. The famous black panther is usually a black leopard; the black color is caused by a non-transferable mutation, and if you look closely you will see that this black cat has spots. Technically, tigers, lions, leopards, and jaguars are all members of the genus Panthera.

In a classic Smothers Brothers routine, **** deflates Tom by telling him that there are no pumas in North America. He was probably pulling his brother's leg. Actually pumas are found only in North and South America. A puma is also called a cougar or a mountain lion.
    I have just been schooled by Ms. S No wonder she is a teacher!! I only knew one part which was that the Black Panter had spots. Or is that a Black Leopard?? Ms. S is so smart!! Thank you for my lesson today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast