Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If this is free, then why

Unregistered

This is the problem in the world

No one takes responsibility! Parents just scream and Itunes refunds them. They should stop doing that, except in very extreme cases. With every device there should be a huge notice about in app purchasing; what it is, how to disable it, with a short paragraph about "free games". Make it explicitly known that purchases will not be refunded, even if be made by children. Don't give your kids these things to play with in the first bloody place! How stupid is that!

Unregistered
    I am a parent who does allow my children to play with my ipod. They do not know the password, so have not spend any real world money. There are some apps that are great for kids. My 2 year old was playing a matching game. I didn't notice she had opened my RS, and she sped up the cooking time, costing me 4 gems. I did not complain, either in here or to TL or to itunes. I know it was my mistake, so I accepted the consequences. Parents need to be responsible for their children, in every aspect of life. If either child had managed to make a purchase, I would have paid for it, and not complained to the company. I'm not sure about others, but my Droid does not require a password for downloading apps, free or paid. So, I do not allow them to use it, for that reason. This is my 2 cents on the subject.

Unregistered

Thumbs up Good on poster #8 - #14

Well said guys! Some how I pity Norman, have to deal with all these irresponsible people everyday.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well said guys! Some how I pity Norman, have to deal with all these irresponsible people everyday.
    everyday is loosely defined as every now and then.

Unregistered

Angry City Story 580 City Cash

Well it seems that I am not the only person to fall victim of LARGE payments being taken from my ITunes account.

My 10 year old son downloaded (with my permission) to download the free game (City Story)

Two days later I get an invoice from iTunes for ?52.99...for what?

The bank account linked to my son?s iPod is password protected and so unless I have made a glaring error, I have had funds taken from my account without my permission. For all of those people on this forum who say they are sick of reading about parents who do not monitor their kids online activities -- take heed, there is more to this than meets the eye as I monitor my kids activities closely.

Even if the mistake is mine and I have inadvertently allowed them to download this stuff then this is nothing short of entrapment --
    Why would anyone in their right mind buy a ?53 add on for a free game!. I sincerely hope iTunes sort this mess out (yes I've contacted them)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you are going to give your child an expensive device to play around with and let them download games and play them....have the sense to disable in app purchasing on your device. Every Apple device has this feature. If you bothered to read the FAQ's it's right there! Before you let your child play anything you should read the FAQ's of the game and disable in app purchasing first. Problem solved before it even occurs.
    This is a great suggestion! I'm an adult and I always keep In App Purchases turned off. Yes, it's a little bit of a bother to have to go turn it on when I want to buy something but I never spend any money by hitting the wrong button!

New Resident
    How do i contact them i payd for gems and money was paid got receipt for it and gems was not added so need money or gems

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by fazia17 View Post
    How do i contact them i payd for gems and money was paid got receipt for it and gems was not added so need money or gems
    I am sorry this happened! Please contact support and send them a copy of your receipt.
    See support link in my signature.

Closing this thread since it is very old!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12