Thread: Gems for breeding

Rhino Keeper

Gems for breeding

I understand team lava make their money from gem sales and I've always accepted it as part of their games so it didn't faze me when I saw a lot of animals required gems to purchase.

I really wanted a sea otter (a favourite animal of mine) so I decided to use what gems I had earned from goals to buy one. It was slightly annoying when I realised I would have to spend the same amount of gems again to get a second otter if I wanted to breed. AND THEN even more annoying when you have to spend the same amount of gems to breed a single baby. An otter is cheap (4 gems) so while annoying it was doable but if I ever wanted a full Panda family it would cost 556 gems (139x4) !? No wonder Pandas are endangered.

Maybe only when buying the first animal should it cost the full gem price? or even buying two could be full gem price but having to spend the same amount of gems again for a baby is pushing it. Especially with no way to earn gems in the game, such as mastery, it's just a bit too much.

Executive Chef
    I noticed this in Pet Shop Story, I bought a Persian for 7 gems, and then clicked buy mate and I'd have to spend 7 gems again.

a full panda family would cost 556 gems? geez! and that's not even including what it would cost for habitat upgrades, Lol! it's a situation where the goal is way too high making me not even wanting to try to reach it. 

The amount that they're asking for breeding and crossbreeding some of the animals, esp to complete goals is ridiculous. Crossbreeding an eagle with a lion to get a gryphon is 35 gems. I'd imagine crossbreeding another one is another 35 gems, and only the gods know what breeding them to complete the family would cost. All that for a 10 gem reward? Absolutely not worth it. Since I've seen that most of the rewards for goals actually cost more gems to complete them than the reward will give you, I don't see how it's worth it.

Rhino Keeper
    So I guess that means that gem animals will have gem upgrades, too? I was disappointed when I spent 14 gems for two peacocks and I can't breed them because it would cost another 14.

Rhino Keeper
    I find it really annoying that not only must you buy the gem animals, but then you must complete their family to complete collections that earn you other animals. I would be a heck of a lot more likely to buy gem animals if I just needed to buy one of each. To have to buy 4x of each means not being able to get a variety. I would much rather have four different animals than one complete family!!!

But I know that having one animal sitting there and knowing that if I just get 3 more I can complete a quest and get a new animal will drive me nuts. So that really annoys and frustrates me. I'm choosing to just not buy any. I would rather just not start buying at all, because I know it will frustrate me to not be able to buy all/most of the ones I want. It is less frustrating to just tell myself I can't buy any at all.

Farm Supplier
    I agree with this, my fav animal is a cheetah so when I heard you could breed one by cross breeding a show leopard and a Gray wolf I bought some gems to buy the snow leopards only then to discover to breed one cheetah is would cost another 53 gems. I know they need to make money but if they reduced the cost of the animals then I'd be more willing to buy them.
    Still annoyed we got another zoo story and not just an update of the old one, spent loads on the old one getting all the animals I wanted.

Fashion Designer
    Well this thread answered the question I was about to ask. There are a couple animals I'd like to buy that cost gems. I absolutely cannot afford to buy gems so can only spend gems I earn. But if you have to spend that many just to get family I guess I'll do without. I can tell I won't be spending any gems in this game. I'll do what I can do without gems and then just quit (like so many others are doing).