Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gems required to complete goals...not happy

Fashion Designer
    I, too, vow not to pursue any quest that requires spending gems.

Host(ess)
    maybe you should just wait till the holidays.. i know im buying more gems when on sale... but STILL!! TL why do you always have to make it hard for us?!?!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tones22 View Post
    thank you for checking into this. I understand team lava needs to have people buying gems to keep providing such great and cute games, and i certainly help to fund that, but it can be demotivating when it becomes an issue of being able to continue the game after you're already in the 93-96 level range.
    yes!!!!!!!

Rhino Keeper
    This sucks was having fun with goals the prime rib one gonna take ages

New Resident
    In case anyone is curious, here is a screenshot of the goal...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nokcha1 View Post
    In case anyone is curious, here is a screenshot of the goal...

I just hit this roadblock...that's the end of the road for me, because I also refuse to spend gems to complete a quest.

Grand Emperor
    Sometimes it pays to be Android

Executive Chef
    I also just hit this set of tasks, which means I can not progress any further. Makes me sad I will not unlock this recipe and anything else that may come after it. TL, what were you thinking? Do you really think this kind of move makes your players happier with you and more willing to stay with the game? Even among those who are willing to purchase gems routinely, there may be those who don't want a snowman waiter and resent being forced to buy one (or waste their gems skipping the task) in order to progress. It's just a bad, bad move.

Executive Chef
    I just got to a forced-gem spending road block in Bakery Story. The item you have to buy is 20 gems but you can skip it for 2. I wonder why the skip "fee" is so much cheaper in bakery than restaurant

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by marrrina View Post
    I just got to a forced-gem spending road block in Bakery Story. The item you have to buy is 20 gems but you can skip it for 2. I wonder why the skip "fee" is so much cheaper in bakery than restaurant
    Ugh, I'm bummed to read there's a gem purchase or skip requirement in Bakery as well. What item do you have to buy? I'd only buy it if it's something I wanted to purchase anyway. I'm betting the skip fee is much less in bakery because of all the negative reaction from the snowman waiter gem purchase requirement in Restaurant. At least with a 2-gem skip fee, you're no better or worse off in paying it since, if it unlocks a recipe, you'll get those 2 gems back in mastery if you can master fast enough before the recipes are removed with the rest of the holiday content. Someone finally got the math right.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast