Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to quicker level up?

Unregistered

Red face Is there a way to quicker level up?

You know... Such as the red quinoa trick in FS or the old mp3 one in CS  Just wondering 

deadpix
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You know... Such as the red quinoa trick in FS or the old mp3 one in CS  Just wondering 
    No there isn't. Teamlava has sort of plugged this "feature".

You'll be in for a rude shock if you attempt to do that with one of the expansive, high exp points dishes. Exp points in RS are awarded in stages. You get about 2 to 3 points each for the first two preparation steps, some of the remaining points when you dress the dish and the last bit when you actually serve it.

Unlike in CS where you can cancel a contract and get 20% of its costs return to you, you don't get any of the cost of the dish back.

The best way to level up quickly is to do the "Raspberry Tap", or in this case, the "French Toast Tap" .

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpix View Post
    No there isn't. Teamlava has sort of plugged this "feature".
    (...)
    The best way to level up quickly is to do the "Raspberry Tap", or in this case, the "French Toast Tap" .
    Thanks for your answer. I guessed so...

Unregistered

Red face

What's the red quinona trick... I have farm story and city story .. anyone know any tricks please tell ...

Unregistered
    What's a rasberry tap??

The best way to level up quickly is to do the "Raspberry Tap", or in this case, the "French Toast Tap" .[/QUOTE]

deadpix
    What's the red quinona trick... I have farm story and city story .. anyone know any tricks please tell ...
    It's no big secret.

In FS, you can gain exp points quickly by planting big fields of Red Quinoa and then "selling" the plots using the Edit function of FS. When you plant Red Quinoa, you gain 7 exp points per plot, but when you "sell" it with the edit function, you remove the planted crop but retain the exp points. You don't earn money but this is a quick way to level up if you have the money to spare. At 20x20, you'd get 2,800 points for the Red Quinoa and an additional 400 points for the plowing for a total of 3,200 points.

In CS, you quick level by taking on long contracts in your factories that have high exp points and then cancel them by changing them to Popsicle contracts. You get 20% of your payment back but you get to keep all of your experience.

You can't do anything like this in RS.

Unregistered
    Ah.. thanks.. any other tips???

deadpix
    What's a rasberry tap??

[/QUOTE]

The "Raspberry Tap" is a way to gain levels (and coins) quickly in Farm Story. Raspberries take only one minute to mature in the game, and their seeds are free, so if you were to continuously Plow/Plant/Harvest raspberries, you could potentially be earning 60 exp and 600 coins per plot per hour; for a 20x20 plot, that's potentially 24,000 exp and 240,000 coins but only a super human would do that. I've personally never been able to sustain it for more than 10 minutes before my fingers take on a life of their own and attempt to claw my eyes out in protest.

In Restaurant story, there aren't Raspberries to plant, but the same principle applies when you keep cooking batches of French Toast; its even better than the Raspberry Tap because each French Toast yields 7 exp points. This trick definitely gets better when you have 10 stoves as it generates you 70 exp points per minute.

Unregistered
    what level do you have to reach to be able to have 10 stoves.. it will only let me have 4 atm with one in storage, so i could have a grill...

deadpix
    what level do you have to reach to be able to have 10 stoves.. it will only let me have 4 atm with one in storage, so i could have a grill...
    You get to put out a new appliance on the floor for every 5 levels you gain starting from level 3 if I remember correctly. I've only got 7 with one level to go before I get to use 8.

Note that you don't have to be of the correct level to BUY the appliance, you need to be the correct level to put them on the floor, so at your level, you could have 4 stoves, 4 ovens and 4 grills, 8 of them in storage and 4 on your kitchen floor. You can then swap them in and out to mix them around to suit your cooking needs. Put one in storage before taking another out. But beware that there is a bug in the storage system that requires you to have coins matching the value of the item you want to take out of storage. It doesn't charge you a second time, it only requires that you have that amount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast