Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gem Traps continued!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by felicitybliss View Post
    I am not sure that TL wins simply because they update every week. The weekly updates have been unexciting, IMO. Getting a few gem items and a token coin item is hardly something that gets me excited. The last super update, IMO, was the deep fryer in BS. The sushi bar was exciting until I realized that android was left out. My view quickly soured. I am at the point on my games that I have little to do--recipes are completed with level 90+.

With the smurf updates, it is only once a month, but each update is huge. New quests, characters, seasonal changes, land expansion, new items, decorations, and a new game skin make the monthly update simply shine. The new zynga holiday game also is quite interesting and is a complete holiday package (unlike the RS Halloween which had very few Halloween items).,,These companies also have reasonable priced virtual products and have "are you sure?" buttons built in.

The one thing that I think TL excels at is this forum and the level of player interaction regarding TL and non-TL issues within. Oh, I should also mention the neighbor system in game is much, much better in TL games. Many others rely on Facebook or gamecenter for player interaction (which I don't participate in).

Sorry, I am drowsy and getting way off topic....back to topic, it seems that TL is simply not listening to its consumers to eliminate the gem traps. Personally, I started lobbying govt officials to create transparency laws to protect consumers (everything from hidden overage cell phone fees to consumer opt out buttons). If companies won't do the right thing, then I think govt has to step in with regulations. The lack of protection for virtual currency (paid with my real $$$) falls under these issues.
    you are my hero. I so admire your activism!

Zynga has a much hyped IPO in the works. I wonder if Consumer relations / customer satisfaction might have more weight if youre planning to go public.

Rhino Keeper
    I rather have the weekly updates...perhaps you don't realize how long we waited for them to fulfill their promise of "weekly updates". Although we desperately need new recipe's in Bakery for the donut and ice cream makers at least we are getting some new content each week. I stopped playing for 5 months because there was absolutely no updates except for the boxes for months and months. Don't discourage them...it took so long to get this. I'd rather they just take away the gem traps. How they don't understand how much this works against profits is beyond me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by barleycoon View Post
    I completely understand your view, nobody's view is ever wrong. People just have different ideas. I have never believed in the gem trap concept, but that's my view.
    TL give players such alot and I'm extremely grateful for that. It's not TLs fault when accidental tapping occurs, or players it just happens. It's not supports fault, so I don't feel they should refund its an accident that occurred. I do however hope we might be given an gem confirmation option. TL spend so much time on these games for us, I feel maybe we all could be a bit appreciative.
    Not when they change a cash item to CC or gem item overnight and cause players to waste gems! so are we suppose to check EVERYTHING we do now, from gifting to planting to cooking to buying deco in case anything changes to gems/CC? Well, having to watch out for gem traps in whatever we do, takes away the fun from the game.

Fashion Designer
    Well it's not that things "change" from being coin items to gem instead, it's that the game is riddled with virtual land mines that preys on people's mistakes.

They're everywhere -
    Instant finish cooking
    Instant complete easy appliance, both components and appliance
    Mystery boxes, the whole expand tab is a very dangerous place to be, you can mistakenly spend a lot of coin there.
    Then you have pop ups flying in your face to contend with

I think it's the opinion of many players that you should only have gems spend WHEN YOU INTEND TO. It's not fair to get it taken away because you made a mistake and have the company say oh so sorry, no refunds. It seriously can't be the best solution that you keep below 24 gems to make it more difficult to accidentally spend.

If it's because of lack of time to develop the features for confirmation, then why can't support assist in the meantime and offer refunds for mistaken clicks? It's a complete cop out to say that 'it's not support's fault' so they shouldn't do anything about it. Again this is because of their policies to have gem traps in the game, not because they are actively trying to remedy the issue but can't.

Quote Originally Posted by 3squares View Post
    you are my hero. I so admire your activism!

Zynga has a much hyped IPO in the works. I wonder if Consumer relations / customer satisfaction might have more weight if youre planning to go public.
    Thank you, but anyone can raise their voice. I read Zynga's SEC filings. This is not a stock I would purchase. The number of customers that it has to replace to stay financially even is phenomenal. From the filing, I could understand why they are in acquisitions mode.

i just bought a 4 gem table because of a misclick. was 1 more gems til i got the tv

I dont understand why some people dont think that TL is using gem-traps! Once I bought a box and recieved my price, and then TL puts a 'buy again' button instead of were the 'okay' button would normally be. Its awfull!!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Im sorry to hear that you lost your gems. its not a gem trap. sorry, its your fault.

in holland we say that you have got a board infront of your head if you don't aknowledge something that is so obvious

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeymaes View Post
    I dont understand why some people dont think that TL is using gem-traps! Once I bought a box and recieved my price, and then TL puts a 'buy again' button instead of were the 'okay' button would normally be. Its awfull!!!!
    Most people here believe they are gem traps. There's about 3 who don't. The majority are with you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast