Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 40% gem sale woohoo :-)

Executive Chef
    I have a nbr who didn't get the offer for 40% off. I'm thinking it's another stupid randomness thing that Ill never understand. My self I was lucky and got them on all games and very happy to get it. But everybody should have definetly gotten this offer. She said it may be her tipping point with the games. Who knows if she'll keep playing or quit. Right now she's pretty mad and I can't say I blame her especially when she has spent money on the game before.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice2 View Post
    I have a nbr who didn't get the offer for 40% off. I'm thinking it's another stupid randomness thing that Ill never understand. My self I was lucky and got them on all games and very happy to get it. But everybody should have definetly gotten this offer. She said it may be her tipping point with the games. Who knows if she'll keep playing or quit. Right now she's pretty mad and I can't say I blame her especially when she has spent money on the game before.
    I am said neigbor (I am a 'he' btw ). Before anyone asks, I'm on android and have tried reinstalling/restarting etc..

When I started playing Farm, one of the things that hooked me was how different each farm was when visiting. A lot of each persons personality came through. Yes, you can do that without spending a dime... but it just feels more like your own when you invest in it. I've put a lot of time into decorating, visiting neighbors etc.. And I've spent a fair amount of money on decorations.

So, I see TL bring back limited time stuff and sme cool new items. I'm like woo. Then I read between the lines about a gem sale Woo. Then I get up Friday and see people getting 40% off WOOOO.

So, I sit by all day waiting and waiting. My updates seem to come later in day so no big deal. As time passes, I decide it must be an error! At which point, I start the reinstall/reset process. After trying several over several hours, I decide to check the forums to see what's up. And I read that it is most likely a random thing!!! I hope this is not the case. I can live with bugs, parity isues etc, but not this. If I went to store to buy the latest whatever and got to the register only to find out random people were buying it cheaper, I would leave!!

If this is the case, I wont be spending my money on the game. I also won't be displaying gem items on my farm. I can't in good conscience advertise to other players that spending money is good. I will probably keep playing because of great neighbors like soullicorice, but my money will stay put.

JoJo

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jwmiller View Post
    I am said neigbor (I am a 'he' btw ). Before anyone asks, I'm on android and have tried reinstalling/restarting etc..

When I started playing Farm, one of the things that hooked me was how different each farm was when visiting. A lot of each persons personality came through. Yes, you can do that without spending a dime... but it just feels more like your own when you invest in it. I've put a lot of time into decorating, visiting neighbors etc.. And I've spent a fair amount of money on decorations.

So, I see TL bring back limited time stuff and sme cool new items. I'm like woo. Then I read between the lines about a gem sale Woo. Then I get up Friday and see people getting 40% off WOOOO.

So, I sit by all day waiting and waiting. My updates seem to come later in day so no big deal. As time passes, I decide it must be an error! At which point, I start the reinstall/reset process. After trying several over several hours, I decide to check the forums to see what's up. And I read that it is most likely a random thing!!! I hope this is not the case. I can live with bugs, parity isues etc, but not this. If I went to store to buy the latest whatever and got to the register only to find out random people were buying it cheaper, I would leave!!

If this is the case, I wont be spending my money on the game. I also won't be displaying gem items on my farm. I can't in good conscience advertise to other players that spending money is good. I will probably keep playing because of great neighbors like soullicorice, but my money will stay put.

JoJo

Oops sry guess I should have paid attention to your avatar on the game.. My bad.

Executive Chef
    The 40% off sale is gone.... lets hope there is one for christmas too...
    - ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS...... 40%SALE! OOHHH BAAABY! -

Executive Chef
    Next Gem sale should be on Christmas - lots of people will get iTunes cards and that would be a good profit for TL!

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by 27Redd View Post
    Kooky do you know if everyone will be getting the 40% offer? My friend did not get it in her Bakery (Her ID is elljay777)
    I did check and no not every game was offered the 40% off sale. It was sent out to random games.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I did check and no not every game was offered the 40% off sale. It was sent out to random games.
    I know. I feel bad for those who havn't even got them.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovecooper14 View Post
    Next Gem sale should be on Christmas - lots of people will get iTunes cards and that would be a good profit for TL!
    that's a great idea!!! Still have $36 remaining for 3 packages of 105 gems! Too bad TL can't really do 50% off sales (ex: half of $4.99 is about $2.50 but mainly i think its about making a profit.)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dalula View Post
    that's a great idea!!! Still have $36 remaining for 3 packages of 105 gems! Too bad TL can't really do 50% off sales (ex: half of $4.99 is about $2.50 but mainly i think its about making a profit.)
    And to think they would have made more of a profit by offering the sale to everyone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123