View Poll Results: What do you think of the '50 page and lock' forum game rule?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the rule.

3 21.43%
  • I do not like it.

11 78.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the point of locking a forum game after 50 pages?

Executive Chef
    A bitter and lonely state of cruelty and injustice

What is the point of locking a forum game after 50 pages?

What do you gain? There will be many more pages in Forum Games from re-created games that were locked. Games will lose their original creator. What will you do after the Forum Games thread surpasses 50 pages? Will you guys lock that too?

Executive Chef
    I don't like it myself that they are locked. I don't really see the point since they can be recreated anyways. If they can be recreated than why bother locking them in the first place. I also don't like having to wait for four people to post (two was better). I don't play the forum games that often anymore now with these changes.

Grand Emperor
    I don't understand this rule.

Grand Emperor
    I see no point for this rule.

It does give the self-appointed forum police satisfaction in knowing they were able to report a thread being over 50 pages and seeing it locked.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice2 View Post
    I don't like it myself that they are locked. I don't really see the point since they can be recreated anyways. If they can be recreated than why bother locking them in the first place. I also don't like having to wait for four people to post (two was better). I don't play the forum games that often anymore now with these changes.
    The four person post rule was put in place to minimize the number of game posts that show up when you select "What's New" even though it is easy, and can be made easier to recognize what is a game and what isn't and skip over the thread. What existed after that rule was put in place was a shorter list, but you still opened "real" threads and saw that the only post you haven't read yet was some non-value added post, sometimes utter nonsense, appearing to be there to increase a person's post count.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    You might want to discuss with GM.

But I like it (partly because I pretty much requested something like that). Because of the 7-day rule that goes with it, it means fewer FGs in WN altogether and it means that people who play them can take a break and think up new ideas for the game.

Executive Chef
    I don't get the point of this rule.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    You might want to discuss with GM.

But I like it (partly because I pretty much requested something like that). Because of the 7-day rule that goes with it, it means fewer FGs in WN altogether and it means that people who play them can take a break and think up new ideas for the game.
    People are fully able to decide to take a break and/or think up new games without having it dictated to them that they should.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    The four person post rule was put in place to minimize the number of game posts that show up when you select "What's New" even though it is easy, and can be made easier to recognize what is a game and what isn't and skip over the thread. What existed after that rule was put in place was a shorter list, but you still opened "real" threads and saw that the only post you haven't read yet was some non-value added post, sometimes utter nonsense, appearing to be there to increase a person's post count.
    Ok now that rules understandable, still don't like it but I can understand why they made it.

I think it is silly to lock threads based on length. If they get to 50 pages, then it tends to be a worthy topic or something people enjoy. The point of the forum is for more social interaction as this is part of the social gaming experience (or that is what TL management said in an interview). I think this rule inhibits the point and purpose of a forum.

I also don't see the point of locking "old" threads if the topic is still current. In other forums, posting a new thread on a topic that already has one gets locked and you get toe-picked by the community. In TL world, the opposite is true. For example, a few days ago people posted about the need for a block button on threads that were months old. Even though the thread was current and still appropriate, those threads were locked. It is quite a deterrent for new members who post using rules that are readily accepted on most other forums. I am sure they won't be back after receiving such a warm welcome........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast