Page 220 of 240 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2393

Thread: Show off Your Bakery - Thread 1

Rhino Keeper
    I think I stumbled across your bakery earlier!

"All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed
    - only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." - Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by MissCeara View Post
    Here's my Christmas design so far. I'm sure I'll tweak it a bit as the month progresses. I'm a bit of a minimalist.

This pleases my OCD very much lol. I love it
    Happy Easter
    Accepting 3-4 star players - Tips & gift daily - ID: hannahmariec97

@Sammysimsville and @Scawr thank you both! I will keep you updated. And Scawr, I know exactly what you're talking about... I've seen way too many bakeries like that and I don't like it. Simplicity and organization is what I like
    Happy Easter
    Accepting 3-4 star players - Tips & gift daily - ID: hannahmariec97

Executive Chef
    I love all of them. I love to explore the ones with lots of stuff in them, find something new each visit.

Rhino Keeper
    Scawr, yes I remember yours! I love, love it! So minimalistic and beautifully elegant.

monstertop, thank you!

hannahmariec97, thanks so much!
    ♥ I'M JUST HERE TO MAKE THINGS SYMMETRICAL ♥
    LEVEL 99 IN BOTH BS & RS | PLAYING SINCE 2010

@MissCeara; Hey neighbor Your bakery looks lovely...as I've already told you! I love visiting it every day.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahmariec97 View Post
    This pleases my OCD very much lol. I love it
    I know exactly what you mean, lol!!

Plus, there are just certain designs that make tipping feel very satisfying, like a long line of tables to tip across.

I enjoy it very much

"All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed
    - only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." - Nikola Tesla

Not sure why my images vanished, so here is a recent screenie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bakery_story-2016-12-10-04-05-46.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	34884

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Scawr View Post
    Keep seeing bakeries that look as though they've tried to literally cram every single Christmas decor that has ever been released on BS, & it looks like a hot mess So it's nice to see festive designs that can actually be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahmariec97 View Post
    @Sammysimsville and @Scawr thank you both! I will keep you updated. And Scawr, I know exactly what you're talking about... I've seen way too many bakeries like that and I don't like it. Simplicity and organization is what I like
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    I love all of them. I love to explore the ones with lots of stuff in them, find something new each visit.
    @Sammysimsville...beautiful, I like the soaring line of the treetops...they draw the eye upwards and (unto higher things?) just the way cathedral builders of old intended, I guess.

@Scawr, @Hannahmariec97, @deekathleen...just found this thread.
    Enjoying this debate. I wish more people would join in this discussion because I feel such discussions (so revelatory of consumer psyche) would make valuable inputs for the game designers as well.

There's much to be said for both approaches. I feel ya, Scawr, on the Zen of clicking along the tipping lightway. But I also like to find those 'almost hidden' tables that nobody else has noticed.

I have awesome nbrs who favour both the long lovely symmetrical lines or the cabinet of curiosities stuffed full to bursting school of decor. There are also the table warehouses and 'don't spend gems' bakeries.

Personally, I feel that grand designs of sweeping minimalism lend themselves better to uber huge spaces. You have to have a ton of floor space for that kinda style to make impact. Smaller spaces look much better with quirky touches of homey clutter, and to each their own.

I tend to cycle them around. My thanksgiving design was very symmetrical, blocky and designed entirely around the concept of community dining (it's THANKSGIVING) and the woodsy rustic but ALSO ethereally contemporary (HOW can something be both?) 1x1 Autumn Foliage decor item. One of my favourite items in the game. If S8's bakery story team finds all their sketch pads missing they'll know whom to arrest...

My Xmas design, however, was inspired by the time I visited (and got lost in) an Xmas night market in Germany and a wonderful kindly old lady invited a weary and cold backpacker into her kitchen for a cup of hot cocoa. Lady, I've never forgotten you though you didn't speak much English and My German doesn't go beyond Guten Tag and Auf Weidersehen. We mostly just nodded and smiled. I've never forgotten your wise eyes, your shiny kettle and your hands worn rough with work and love...
    Returning to the germane (haha bad pun), her back door opened directly onto a little 'lane' leading to the town square. Of course I couldn't reproduce it exactly ingame with the space and decor I have but the design meant something to me.

And I dunno why but in the last few days that I've added a ton of new nbrs, invited some more ppl I admire from the forum to be my nbrs, run an impromptu decor poll (results on the way), and everyone has been so amazingly responsive and somdeeply appreciative. Truth be told, I'm zapped at the coolness and caring of complete strangers from arnd the world.

Ok this is shaping up to be another novel. I gotta stop haunting the forum threads!

I guess for me, what I like depends on how I feel. Some days I wanna go to Barnes and Noble and ogle the acres of pristine shelves and smell the Italian leather under the glow of bright lights. Somedays, I wanna poke around at the local bookstore, listen to the stories of the neighbourhood, and find something for $3.50 that omigosh is out of print and I've been looking for it everywhere.

Michelin star dress and dine or the neighbourhood cafe in your sweatshirt, ppl?
    Where do YOU want to go tonight?

Rhino Keeper
    Like i said, I hope more ppl join this discussion. Game designers will know whether to give us beautiful tables for coins or more quirky floor decor (for COINS) or...
    Me...I want rugs! Or tables with gift wrapping debris on rugs. For COINS! Or carpets or a carpetty shaggy kinda tile. I was trying to make an Xmas living room area for this design...and was left sadly stranded for suitable floor 'stuff'...there are NO rugs in this game, well, that go on the floors, that is. There's some turkish carpet wall decor...

Edit: to add pic so ppl can see what I mean. The living room is top right of screen...if anyone knows how to enlarge this, pls be my guest and thanks for helping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	34888  
    Last edited by zaaracake; 12-10-16 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Edit to add pic