Banned

Here u go everyone

Grand Emperor
    Here's it's mommy

Banned
    Lol that is its mommy. Lol that's u.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    But i dont think me insisting they wear gloves to play with my hubbys viens makes me difficult. I think its ummmm, lets see, smart? Hygienic? Mandatory?
    If the skin wasn't broken or was already smeared with alcohol/antiseptic there wouldn't be much chance of infection, but still gloves are standard practice here. The annoyance the doctor's expressed is probably the result of the 'dirty Mexican' stereotype.

Banned
    True dat bro. Lol what he was sayin is something I rarely ever hear about.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by RealFarmer1222 View Post
    If the skin wasn't broken or was already smeared with alcohol/antiseptic there wouldn't be much chance of infection, but still gloves are standard practice here. The annoyance the doctor's expressed is probably the result of the 'dirty Mexican' stereotype.
    Oooooh that sounds like it could be. That's not how I meant it at all.

When i was a phlebotamist we put on gloves before we touched the patient at all. Even to feel for a vien.

Banned
    U had to put Gloves on before u could touch the person.

Executive Chef
    OMG you guys are not funny!

We're home. My hubby almost died but he didn't. He got stung by an open water jellyfish and the toxin spread to his chest. We spent a day in hospital. Had to pay $4000.00, should get it back. Other then that great fun!
    Oh no poor him. I've been lucky. Never been stung by one. I can ony imagine how painful that must have been.

Executive Chef
    Disclaimer: I mean no offence to any mexicans, doctors, or mexican doctors

It was awful. Despite a huge sign on the side of the hospital saying "we welcome travellers insurance" they waited until after treatment to inform me they would not accept it. I phoned my insurance rep 3 times, and even after the insurance company faxed a letter guaranteeing payment within 7 days the doctor said no. The doctor then said to my face we could not leave until we paid up front. So i phoned the insurance guy one more time and he told me which documents to get before i paid, then pay, then get out of there.

It was almost like a hostage negotiation with me refusing to hand over my visa until i had like 5 different reports in my hand. I had to pay $4000.00 US dollars, which i will get back. The doctor had the nerve to call me "difficult".

Oh and they never wore gloves, even when starting my hubbys iv. When i insisted they wear gloves they gave me dirty looks.

Good times
    That sounds terrible. Not a very good hospital or well trained doctors at that hospital (not saying all hospitals in Mexico are the same. Just that one). Hope you gave them a dirty look back.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice5 View Post
    That sounds terrible. Not a very good hospital or well trained doctors at that hospital (not saying all hospitals in Mexico are the same. Just that one). Hope you gave them a dirty look back.
    Oh i did.

Heres the wall lizards i bought: