Page 294 of 365 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3647

Thread: The "Whatever Thread"

Executive Chef
    I wouldn't want to drink that.

Nightclub Owner
    Worst Thanksgiving EVER!

I just got back from the Emergency Vet Hospital that covers for my vet when they are closed, after putting my cat Fresca to sleep. For some reason, still unknown, she developed a blood clot between her heart and her lower body and she could no longer use her legs. I found her after a few minutes of her crying out in pain and noticed her whole back-end wouldn't lift up. I checked her hips and legs for broken bones and found none so I called the hospital and they told me to bring her right in. They said there was too slim of a chance of her getting better with meds and special care considering her feet had already gone cold from lack of blood and most likely her heart would give out soon. So I had to put her to sleep.

I'm devastated. I can't stop crying which of course sets off my youngest into tears. Very sad day. I don't EVER want to celebrate this holiday again.

I'm so glad you were there with her. You recognized she was in pain and you did everything you could to help. You did the right thing. I'm so sorry for your lose.

Rhino Keeper
    Queentina, I am so sorry. I cried for weeks when my kitty mysteriously died. My heart really goes out to you.

Banned
    I'm sorry queentina for your loss...think positive about it... At least it's not suffering anymore

Executive Chef
    Queentina that is just awful. So sorry for your loss.

Grand Emperor
    Awww. Its sad.

But shes ok now queentina.

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks you guys. Everytime I think I have a handle on the tears they start flowing again. She was my baby, my cuddler, my bed hogger. Tucker is finicky and doesn't really like to be held or patted and he almost NEVER goes on my bed, so Fresca was by my side all the time. Tucker doesn't know what to do with himself right now, he keeps walking around looking for her, and it breaks my heart all over again.

I'd lay on my bed or sit on my couch and she'd crawl on my lap and put her head on her paws on my chest and just purr. I'd lay on my stomach and try to fall asleep and she'd climb on my back and bat at my ponytail to keep me awake. It just isn't going to be the same, AT ALL.

Because I was the one that signed her in and filled out the paperwork, I had to sign the final orders instead of the hubby. I could barely hold the pen or read what I was signing. He just stood near the door of the room not knowing what to do with me as I balled my eyes out. I wouldn't even talk to him. Poor guy.

Needless to say, our dinner didn't turn out that great considering it had 1/2 hour to go in the oven when we had to rush out the door. We turned everything back on when we got home but I sooo wasn't interested in eating anymore so he ate the dinner by himself. I told the boys just to get some Chef Boyardee for dinner as we were leaving because I wasn't sure how long we'd be and I didn't want them having to come with us in case the worst happened. They knew as soon as I walked back in the door what we had to do. My 12 yr old just put the carrier back in the cellar and walked away, he hates to let us see him cry. My 10 yr old burst into tears and has barely stopped crying since.

I keep trying to take my mind off of it, but then I see her bed or look at my 10 yr old and I lose it.

Rhino Keeper
    Aww, I hope you can find some comfort in the love & care you gave her. I know it's the worst right now. Maybe some hugs & favorite stories of her with help you & your family through this.

I was in a 6 week course when Katzie died. I swear for a couple of weeks, I would spontaneously start bawling in class. It would been embarrassing except my heart was broken, & I didn't care. A man in my class brought a card a couple of days later from him & his family saying how sorry they were and they had a family dog that had to be put down. Of course I bawled even more because I was so moved by someone else's kindness. Pets do that to people.

Rhino Keeper
    Queentina3, I am sorry about Fresca. That's a hurt that has no medicine.