Page 286 of 365 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3647

Thread: The "Whatever Thread"

Nightclub Owner
    Oops, not sure why pinkster's quote went in there, I no longer had it check marked, or so I thought. Oops again.

Executive Chef
    Queetina, did you ask your son about the incident that happened at his school? Sorry, I sound really curious, but I want that immature kid to get his punishment. :I

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by shakiba View Post
    Queetina, did you ask your son about the incident that happened at his school? Sorry, I sound really curious, but I want that immature kid to get his punishment. :I
    Yeah, I posted up-thread that they told the kids it was a mechanical failure and I asked one of the other parents today at the Book Fair and I guess the school, or the Fire Department, neglected to keep up maintenance on them or something and caused them to go off as well as other system failures happened at the same time. One of the reasons it took so long for the kids to come home was because some of them were already loaded onto busses that were getting ready to pull out and they had to stop them, ask all the kids to get off, and do head counts first. They weren't sure if it was a real fire, someone pulling the alarm, or mechanical failure until hours later, so they had to do the head count to make sure nobody was still inside the school.

It is kind of funny, but not, is that the same day that happened the Fire Department did their monthly inspection at my 10 yr olds school as they walked right past me into the gym while I was working the book fair. Too bad they hadn't chosen THAT day to do the Middle School inspection, as they may have caught the problem BEFORE it occured. Makes me wonder WHAT they really inspect if they missed it during the last 2 month inspections. I did notice they spent quite a while in the gym, but that is probably because there WAS a fire there in September in the Equipment Closet that filled that whole end of the school with thick black smoke. If that had happened last year my son probably would've freaked out considering his classroom was only 2 doors down from the gym, whereas this year he's on the other end of the school so wasn't affected at all.

My 12 yr old found is amusing that they had to pull kids off the busses, though he neglected to tell me about that the other day. He said if it had been 5 minutes later HE would've been pulled off his bus as his was the next to be called and the first in the next line waiting for kids to load. Yeah, real amusing.

Banned
    It seems like the forums is... idk if I can say it.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempete8 View Post
    Is what?

Rhino Keeper
    A diverse community?

Banned
    I like when people say "idk if I can say it" then someone will try and get them to say the thing they can't say. Lmao I just find that hilarious

Grand Emperor
    Ok don't say it

Banned
    Full of old folks with nothing better to do? I'm curious, do tell!

Executive Chef

GRAMMAR ALERT!!!!!!

It should be "the forums ARE"