Page 296 of 365 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3647

Thread: The "Whatever Thread"

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    It's hard when it's unexpected. Ive had both expected and unexpected. I think the shock of it all makes it harder to deal with.

Gack! I talked about feelings.
    That's very true. I've gone through both too.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Worst Thanksgiving EVER!

I just got back from the Emergency Vet Hospital that covers for my vet when they are closed, after putting my cat Fresca to sleep. For some reason, still unknown, she developed a blood clot between her heart and her lower body and she could no longer use her legs. I found her after a few minutes of her crying out in pain and noticed her whole back-end wouldn't lift up. I checked her hips and legs for broken bones and found none so I called the hospital and they told me to bring her right in. They said there was too slim of a chance of her getting better with meds and special care considering her feet had already gone cold from lack of blood and most likely her heart would give out soon. So I had to put her to sleep.

I'm devastated. I can't stop crying which of course sets off my youngest into tears. Very sad day. I don't EVER want to celebrate this holiday again.
    I am really sorry for your loss. Our animals are part of our family .(or me, my babies)
    Just remember that you were with her, she knew.
    I have had to put down 4 of my boxers in the past, and it is really hard, but at least I had the comfort of knowing I was with them and they knew I was there.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    A bitter and lonely state of cruelty and injustice
    Just did all of my Black Friday shopping online.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I am really sorry for your loss. Our animals are part of our family .(or me, my babies)
    I have had to put down 4 of my boxers in the past, and it is really hard, but at least I had the comfort of knowing I was with them and they knew I was there.
    wow. 4 boxers. i have had 2 golden retrievers,1 boxer, and two other dogs i cant remember. its tough with a loss

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Wow Kooky, that is so sad.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at what my 10 yr old did. I was thinking about putting Fresca's bed away, as it's hard looking at it, and when I bent over to pick it up there was a piece of paper in it. I thought it was just a paper that fell off the bookshelf, but it wasn't, my 10 yr old made a note to her.

R.I.P Fresca
    hand drawn cat face
    10 yr old name - miss you and love you forever
    mom - misses you and can't stop crying
    12 yr old name - robot, not feeling anything it seems
    dad - not robot but isn't showing emotion right now
    ????? - late 2012 (supposed to be birth/death dates)

Then he put one of the little jingling rolling balls that she loved to play with on top of it. It's the sweetest thing. I'm going to have to leave it there for awhile otherwise he may get mad. I can't believe he did that, he amazes me sometimes.

The Honorable Panda

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at what my 10 yr old did. I was thinking about putting Fresca's bed away, as it's hard looking at it, and when I bent over to pick it up there was a piece of paper in it. I thought it was just a paper that fell off the bookshelf, but it wasn't, my 10 yr old made a note to her.

R.I.P Fresca
    hand drawn cat face

Then he put one of the little jingling rolling balls that she loved to play with on top of it. It's the sweetest thing. I'm going to have to leave it there for awhile otherwise he may get mad. I can't believe he did that, he amazes me sometimes.
    It is his way of grieving for her .
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper

R.I.P Fresca
    hand drawn cat face

Awwww! That made me cry. My cat Hunter died unexpectedly a few weeks ago. Feeding time really was a hard time for me because I had two cat food bowls and only one cat left. My husband brought home a little fur ball and we named him Gizmo. He uses hunters bowl now. I miss her but Gizmo makes my husband and I feel like new parents again. We marvel at all the adorable things he does.

Grand Emperor

R.I.P Fresca
    hand drawn cat face

Keep the note and toys. Maybe in a special box or something.

Executive Chef
    I bought some mint chocolate coconut milk at work today because it was marked down....OMG it makes the best hot cocoa! And I think I found a coffee creamer that nobody will steal out of the fridge at work too!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by lylahmae View Post
    I bought some mint chocolate coconut milk at work today because it was marked down....OMG it makes the best hot cocoa! And I think I found a coffee creamer that nobody will steal out of the fridge at work too!
    Good job!

Today i am childless. I caught up on a bunch of stuff and tonight I'm going to do........ Nothing! A big fat nothing! Take that fluffs and dust!