Page 115 of 365 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 3647

Thread: The "Whatever Thread"

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempete8 View Post
    For the intetnet? Because they told us about it.
    No. For all my power. No electricity at all.

They said on the news it wasn't planned. 6 power generators happened to fail all at once. Thousands of Albertans had no power today because of the heat. I realize to lots of people this is a regular thing but to me it's not. This kind of thing just doesn't happen here. According to Wikipedia Calgary typically only has 5 days a year that it goes above 30. The highest recorded temperature here ever was 36.1. Today it was 33. And people don't have air conditioning around here.

Executive Chef
    It seems like we have a lot more power outages than we used to and they tend to last longer. Probably because the power grid is more complex.

But since we have a backup generator, I don't mind them so much.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    And people don't have air conditioning around here.
    Neither do we here. But the difference i suspect is that our houses are not built to retain heat. So even though it's just as hot here the houses & buildings tend to be cooler.

We have power cuts here too...all the time...without any warning. i have a back up generator as well.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Neither do we here. But the difference i suspect is that our houses are not built to retain heat. So even though it's just as hot here the houses & buildings tend to be cooler.

We have power cuts here too...all the time...without any warning. i have a back up generator as well.
    I would guess the houses around here are built to retain heat ha ha.

Executive Chef
    wish I had a back up generator for the story games :-( dragon story not the greatest. kept getting kicked off now and then. Farm kicked off a few times and stuck in loading/processing screen a few times but managed to visit nbrs. Bakery, Restaurant and Fashion forget it. Not only Had I had to wait and wait for the game to load, got constantly kicked off and posting a message on my own wall was a chore. won't be making my rounds on those three games tonight again. this morning woke up and they were working fine but now they are not. Sooooo annoying (insert angry face here).

Grand Emperor
    Awww, poor Sourlicorice.

I put ice cubes in my kitties drinking fountain and now they're having a staff meeting about it:

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Awww, poor Sourlicorice.

I put ice cubes in my kitties drinking fountain and now they're having a staff meeting about it:

awww that's so cute :-) My parents put ice cubes in their dogs bowl to. Hope you get power back soon if you haven't already. I know that sucks during hot weather.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice2 View Post
    awww that's so cute :-) My parents put ice cubes in their dogs bowl to. Hope you get power back soon if you haven't already. I know that sucks during hot weather.
    I have power now but will lose it again today due to rolling blackouts. I'm scared to get in the shower now because i don't know when I'm losing power.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice2 View Post
    I thought I was the only one who puts ice cubes in my pets bowl. My cat loves playing with it with her paws.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shakiba View Post
    I thought I was the only one who puts ice cubes in my pets bowl. My cat loves playing with it with her paws.
    most of the time my parents dog doesn't even bother with them. we used to have a family dog (passed away years ago) who loved to eat ice cubes.