Page 295 of 365 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3647

Thread: The "Whatever Thread"

Executive Chef
    Sorry for you loss, queentina

Executive Chef
    A bitter and lonely state of cruelty and injustice
    That is so sad... My heart goes out to you & you are in my prayers... god bless

Executive Chef
    I am sure you were thankful for your cat :'( It is obvious the bond you two shared was strong. I pray your cat has a smooth ride to the rainbow bridge.

Rhino Keeper
    ...That's sad....

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks everyone. I woke up this morning with my eyes all puffy and a major headache from all the crying last night. I'm trying to not think about it too much, but thanks for all your comments as I do appreciate them.

On another note, kind of a funny story mixed in with everything that happened yesterday. Figured I'd share as it really could only happen to me. I've been bouncing back and forth on getting my kids either an Xbox or a Wii for Xmas. They have a Playstation (I think #2 and too lazy to check) that they rarely use as they like their computer games better. I figured if I found any on sale for Black Friday I'd consider one of them. Well they had a Wii on sale at Walmart (ONLINE! YAY!! NO LINES) that started yesterday afternoon. So while my Ham was in the oven (sooo didn't feel like Turkey this year), I bought it along with extra remotes and a few extra games. I was so excited that I didn't have to drive to that Walmart as it is a SUPER WALMART and they are always packed, let alone during Black Friday sales that when I saw the $99 Wii on sale and available to purchase ONLINE and with FREE SHIPPING, I snatched it up!

1/2 hour AFTER I purchased the Wii my mother called. She had a sale going on in her local Walmart that had the Xbox on sale and decided she'd buy it for my kids for Xmas. She also did hers ONLINE. Her Xbox was about $50 cheaper than the one on sale in my Walmart, even ONLINE, which I found odd but oh well. So she bought it.

My kids are going to be spoiled this year getting both an Xbox and a Wii for Xmas. And here I was thinking a few weeks ago that all they REALLY need was some new clothes and gift cards to purchase their computer games via Steam, and now they're ending up with 2 other gaming systems. It really could only happen to me.

Most of the kids around here play the gaming systems as their parents don't allow them computers, or they have a family computer. I'm the opposite. My kids have their own computers and never really got into the gaming systems too much as they like the games via computer better. HOWEVER, whenever they go over to friends houses they end up playing Xbox or Wii and have to get used to it and never do that well, so they get trampled on. LOL They've complained a few times but I would say "Why don't you play your Playstation then? We bought you one YEARS ago and you HARDLY play it, why would we get you another game system that you WON'T use?" They never have a comment back so I've let it go.

Well this year they are getting 2 of them so they better be happy about it. Of course I had to purchase with the Wii the Super Mario Bros and the Zelda game (my favs from when I played Nintendo) and let us see how well they fair against ME! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Executive Chef
    Wow queentina, my parents told me their budget for my presents were $30... lol...

Executive Chef
    to Fresca

Executive Chef
    I'm so sorry Queentina. I've gone through that as well with my cat Mousy. RIP.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlingempire View Post
    Wow queentina, my parents told me their budget for my presents were $30... lol...
    They really don't need anything but figured a Wii would be pretty cool and I'd enjoy it as well. Clothes and gift card was about all I was going to do originally. Lame for a 12 & 10 yr old, but why get items I know they don't need and won't use just to have something to open? Not worth it, even to them. The stocking filled with candy (ugh hyper kids) would've been enough for them, but then I kept thinking about all the times they came back from a friends house and figured "Eh, I'll get them an Xbox or a Wii if it's on sale." I never even thought about my parents deciding on one as well. OOPS. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kattybell View Post
    I'm so sorry Queentina. I've gone through that as well with my cat Mousy. RIP.
    Thanks. I went through this with my dog Phoenix but with him it was kind of expected. He had problems before and we almost lost him. When he started to get really sick again I knew he wouldn't be coming home and it was the best for him. With Fresca it was just so unexpected. She was perfectly fine, no issues at all, then WHAM, blood clot and nothing could be done. The doctor said that the treatment probably wouldn't work, and even if it did, she wouldn't be able to use her back legs ever again and it would most likely happen again. I couldn't let her suffer and go through that so I HAD to let her go.

Grand Emperor
    It's hard when it's unexpected. Ive had both expected and unexpected. I think the shock of it all makes it harder to deal with.

Gack! I talked about feelings.