Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussing Android issues in a thread about FaS features not available to Android

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    In my opinion (my opinion, please do not attack it) is that TL have no bias to either OS.
    They started off on the Apple platform, but have recently released a lot of their games on Android as well.
    I am personally quite sure that they're trying their very best.

On the topic of the thread, as an iOS user, I have to agree that it can get very frustrating (the same as some Androis users perhaps feel? Not a nice one, they would certainly know) when a discussion on a new feature is started, a discussion gets underway...and "Android users don't have this"...then that becomes the whole discussion.
    Well, I'm not exactly happy when you actually lecture me how I should post something in another thread. This is not really a public forum but it's close. You'll just have to live with reading about other people's complains. I certainly put up with a lot of Waaaanh from people about stuff where I am thinking 'Why on earth is that problem? Who cares????' Well, they think it's a problem and maybe they are new to the game and therefore put in the n-th request about deleting neighbour invites or having more animals for coins. So they post it and I can chose wether to read it or not.

You play without gems. I could say to you: 'Well, since you are basically a freeloader why do you even take part in any discussion about demands?' I don't, though. And I won't. But maybe have a think about how this would make you feel.
    And please stop trying to moderate my posts. You are not a mod and it'll just make my replies considerably more snarky - which ins counterproductive towards the recent demand that we all have to be happy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    In my opinion (my opinion, please do not attack it) is that TL have no bias to either OS.
    They started off on the Apple platform, but have recently released a lot of their games on Android as well.
    Of course, there is a bias. Bias exists in every choice, decision, etc. For example, you may prefer one color over another; that is bias. Regardless, TL made a business decision to enter the android market and invite the android consumer base into an existing social gaming arena. They should have been utterly aware about revenue streams, payment systems, differences in coding, and what tasks needed accomplished to provide android users with the same experience as iOS users. Those issues (and many others) make up a business plan. TL should have been fully prepared to meet the demands resulting from its business decisions.

I am personally quite sure that they're trying their very best.
    Sorry, but "trying their very best" is not enough to be successful in the business world. TL either produces something worthy that people want to continue buying or it doesn't.

On the topic of the thread, as an iOS user, I have to agree that it can get very frustrating (the same as some Androis users perhaps feel? Not a nice one, they would certainly know) when a discussion on a new feature is started, a discussion gets underway...and "Android users don't have this"...then that becomes the whole discussion.
    Threads are conversations that grow and evolve as various people participate and offer their point of view. This is supposed to be a forum for part of the social gaming aspect of TL games, according to a printed interview given by a TL representative. In my opinion, your point of view means that android users shouldn't participate in the majority of threads because they don't have the features/content. That simply defeats the purpose of a social gaming experience.

When people are discussing the benefits of bouncing water, inevitably someone says "I hate bouncing water". Then, the discussion evolves into a "I hate bouncing water" campaign. How is that so different than an android user saying he/she doesn't have collectibles in a discussion? It cannot be allowable in one instance and not in another.

From my point of view, the only difference is that you do not want to discuss problems that do not effect you. It doesn't effect me either as I am an iOS gaming user, but I still enjoy good conversation and differing point of view and experience. To me, that is want makes social gaming an enjoyable experience.

Executive Chef
    You make a valid point. Threads often derail and dovetail into something else. But the volume of threads that "migrate" to Android feature parity I'd say is much greater than people complaining about Bouncing Water. Countless players have contacted the mods here saying that they are either intimidated to post or have lost interest to do so because of these shifts in conversation. And while I realize many players are upset about this issue, it's just about the same half-dozen users who continue to force this issue in as many threads as possible.

As for assurance about updates, I'm afraid I can't provide any more info than I have -- yes, it is a priority, and yes, we're working on it. I can't make you believe me. I can say that I've been in contact with with our Android team about this issue, and that they are working on Android feature parity (specifically for these games). They are already at parity for Fashion, City & Nightclub. The others are being worked on, in addition to many other projects. Can I give a date as to win this will be implemented? No. I don't give dates for our weekly update items when they're scheduled to come out the next day. Game development schedules change, rapidly (due to plenty of reasons), and any information I could give you on a timeframe today could be completely without merit tomorrow.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    And while I realize many players are upset about this issue, it's just about the same half-dozen users who continue to force this issue in as many threads as possible.
    Where there is smoke there is fire...

As for assurance about updates, I'm afraid I can't provide any more info than I have -- yes, it is a priority, and yes, we're working on it. I can't make you believe me. I can say that I've been in contact with with our Android team about this issue, and that they are working on Android feature parity (specifically for these games).
    What do you mean by "they are working on Android feature parity" since this is the first I'm hearing of it.

We've been told that they are working to port the various missing features to Android but we've also been told (indirectly) that iOS will get new features ahead of Android as they are developed.

What I'd really like to see is a statement that "TL is working to ensure that users on all supported operating systems enjoy the same gaming experience and that all will receive the same updates at the same time."

Through all of the dodging and weaving you can't make me believe that y'all are working towards that since you've never said it and since everything you've said to date points the other way...

Rhino Keeper
    You make a valid point. Threads often derail and dovetail into something else. But the volume of threads that "migrate" to Android feature parity I'd say is much greater than people complaining about Bouncing Water. Countless players have contacted the mods here saying that they are either intimidated to post or have lost interest to do so because of these shifts in conversation. And while I realize many players are upset about this issue, it's just about the same half-dozen users who continue to force this issue in as many threads as possible.

As for assurance about updates, I'm afraid I can't provide any more info than I have -- yes, it is a priority, and yes, we're working on it. I can't make you believe me. I can say that I've been in contact with with our Android team about this issue, and that they are working on Android feature parity (specifically for these games). They are already at parity for Fashion, City & Nightclub. The others are being worked on, in addition to many other projects. Can I give a date as to win this will be implemented? No. I don't give dates for our weekly update items when they're scheduled to come out the next day. Game development schedules change, rapidly (due to plenty of reasons), and any information I could give you on a timeframe today could be completely without merit tomorrow.
    You know the phrase "throw the dog a bone". Well, give the androids any new feature with a statement of more on the way and watch how the trend of the threads change. But continue to promise someay and deliver nothing, I think this has only started.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by filo66 View Post
    What do you mean by "they are working on Android feature parity" since this is the first I'm hearing of it.

We've been told that they are working to port the various missing features to Android but we've also been told (indirectly) that iOS will get new features ahead of Android as they are developed.

What I'd really like to see is a statement that "TL is working to ensure that users on all supported operating systems enjoy the same gaming experience and that all will receive the same updates at the same time."

Through all of the dodging and weaving you can't make me believe that y'all are working towards that since you've never said it and since everything you've said to date points the other way...
    I can't say that, but there's no guarantee. I could "say" anything, but it'd be disingenuous.
    The intention is always to get all of our features to as many of our players as quickly as possible. Why wouldn't that be the case? Introducing new features makes you guys happy, when tends to get more players to stick around (and tell their friends), which in turn makes us happy since more people are playing our games.

Fashion Designer
    I guess they should have named it Avoid instead of Android...
    Farm storyPatriesflowers level 127

Trainer of Team Magenta#Pinkster#Patriesflowers in The First Ever FPGC Half Medley Race

Finally a new phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Android 4.0

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by swiep07 View Post
    I guess they should have named it Avoid instead of Android...
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Fashion Designer
    You make a valid point. Threads often derail and dovetail into something else. But the volume of threads that "migrate" to Android feature parity I'd say is much greater than people complaining about Bouncing Water. Countless players have contacted the mods here saying that they are either intimidated to post or have lost interest to do so because of these shifts in conversation.
    Well, the problme might be that since I started visiting this forum three interesting additions came to iOS: badges (with extra gems) collectibles and the Halloweenfarm. That kind of triples the amount of threads where an Android user says: 'Actually, I'd like to have this, too'. Also: there was oodles of Hurray when the koipond update came for Android. maybe we should stick that into a seperate thread, too, or is praise ok from the underdogs?
    But it's true, I'm definitely one of the people who mention it fairly often - it in a joking form at first but my frustration has grown considerably over the last weeks. And, obviously, if people tell me, 'You are spoiling our fun with your complaints. It's not our fault you didn't buy the holy grail of smartphones. Go post somewhere else' I'm not going to react with a shy smile and a timid 'Sowwy!'

PS. Countless players have contacted you because they are intimidated??? Urm... on this forum?? Oh-kay...they better stay away from Youtube then.
    Last edited by GroupMagma; 10-27-11 at 01:56 PM. Reason: fixin' quotes

GM,
    Thanks you for your response. I do understand your points. However, I think your approach of an apparent problem is quite flawed. Creating rules for some and not others further strengthen the argument of android disparity and just leads to more conflict and discontent.

I believe you have two choices. First, deal with the few players that are derailing threads. I caution against this approach as it misses the cause of the behavior that you deem inappropriate and disruptive. What is causing these players to post everywhere? It is obvious that they do not feel they are being heard. It is apparent that no one believes the "we are working on it" motto replayed ad nauseum.

So, how can you manage those concerns? How can you change negatives into positives? I think you need to be creative. Why don't you interview an android developer and post on the forum? Create a thread asking android users to submit the questions they want answers to. You then have control of what questions to actually pose to the interviewee. If the teams are divided between iOS and android developers, is there a competition of some sort to roll out features? Something along the line, "team android entered the game late, but we've already caught up 8 features in half the time it took team iOS. We on team android are committed to beating those iOS clowns and hope to produce features that will leave iOS drooling." I am sure you get my point. There are creative ways to involve android users without providing a timeline or other impossible information.

Quite frankly, you have a customer service problem that needs attention. I suggest you change your approach and use alternate tactics to manage the problem. Look at marketing strategies that have been successful. Think dominos who readily admitted their pizza was terrible. It has turned a huge negative into a positive and are winning consumers back.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast