Well, perhaps they're not all incredible ideas, but there's definitely a slew of them.
First up, a few new item suggestions:
- A drink counter that's also a speaker (a special version of the 'Dance Hall Speaker' maybe?)
- A double-stacked version of the 'Dance Hall Speaker'.. my customers like their bass!
- Additional dancefloor tiles that cost coins rather than club cash... even if just different coloured versions of the existing ones, and even if the cost is ridiculously high... it would provide a little variety as practically every club looks the same in this respect.
- Vinyl records that can be hung on the wall.. maybe even gold/platinum records for club cash.
- Amp racks / gear racks to hold the stacks of amplifiers, equalizers, crossovers, compressors, etc. that are necessary to provide decent sound at a club... perhaps two versions, a short rack and a tall rack. (if you're unsure what i mean: https://bassdrop.ca/ampracks.jpg )
Where's the DJ?
Where? Someone either dropped the ball on this one or I always happen to show up while the DJ's off taking a leak or something... it's like Polkaroo from the Polka Dot Door plays at all the clubs in Nightclub Story... it's just silly to have a nightclub with turntables and a packed dancefloor yet have nobody up on the decks.... vinyl doesn't mix itself! I'd be mad as hell showing up at the club to find out they're just playing a radio station or a mix cd.
Ability to move the club entrance/door
Every club has the door in the same place, in the corner. Allowing it to be moved around would provide some variety as well as encourage creativity. To take it a step further, you could even sell us different door styles in the shop.
Ability to rotate items in more than just 2 directions
The chairs do this already. I realize this is probably be a bit more difficult to implement than it sounds since additional graphics would be required for some items... but come on... I spent 24 club cash on the "magic box" and ended up with "Disco Pillars" that I can't rotate to choose which side the taller pillar is on (for this particular item, an exact mirror image would work and no additional graphics would need to be made, just reverse the existing ones.)
A different coloured drink level meter once level 4 has been achieved
Pretty self-explanatory I guess, but it would serve a purpose as it's currently impossible to tell the difference between having already achieved level 4 and being just a couple points away from it. I recently got to level 4 on a drink that I'd thought was already there for ages.
Having drink menu remember your spot after logging off
It would be nice is the drink menu would remember exactly where you were on it when you log out and back in. It currently remembers the place indefinitely if you don't disconnect, but forgets as soon as you do. Sometimes I can't recall what drink I was making before and have to click the drink counters and compare drink numbers before/after serving to figure out which one it was.
Fix coin bug that occurs when drinks are combined on counters
When drinks are combined on counters, the game incorrectly thinks that the moved drinks were sold and increases your coins as such. Reconnecting to the game will put your coins at the proper total... BUT they're spendable in the meantime and I accidentally ended up at -$65k coins one day. While in the negative, it's impossible to mix any drinks and impossible to collect the dancefloor dancers. Luckily I had enough drinks on my counters to get back into the positive, but it took a couple of days of waiting to get there.
Need more pop-ups when logging in
By my count, there's only 5-6 pop-ups when logging in... I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say we need 10 or more pop-ups. But sarcasm aside, this barrage of pop-ups when logging in makes me want to [snip]:
- A pop-up when club cash is on sale... this one's actually not that bad I guess.
- A pop-up for "Messages", including really old/useless ones from days earlier... in my opinion this one should be replaced with a tiny box on the main screen with an unread message counter.
- A pop-up to install this game, or a pop-up to install that game, install this, install that... This one is absolutely obnoxious. Even if you install, there seems to be an endless list of games it'll pop up for... I'm not going to install 20 games. Then it keeps popping up over and over again while I'm playing the game too. Could you provide a "do not show this again" option for this? Or, if it's absolutely necessary that you do this, could you at least provide an option hidden away deep in the menus somewhere that allows us to choose to only get one pop-up for another game per day?
- A pop-up to "Rate us 5 stars!" Some encouragement to rate the game highly is fine, but having it pop up every single time until you rate it 5 stars is brutal. Even if you click okay and rate it 4 stars, you'll get the pop-up every time you log in until you rate it 5 stars. This one's pretty obnoxious as well.
- A pop-up that the weekly update is here. Did I mention the weekly update is here? By the way, the weekly update is here. Yes, I know, you told me the last 10 times I logged in... once is enough! Having this pop up every time you log in for half the week is just plain annoying.
- A pop-up that you earned xxx coins while you were away. Couldn't this be done as an overlay, similar to how it tells you when drinks have been combined on the counters? By itself, this pop-up isn't even so bad, but after 5 others it might well be the tipping point that causes me to actually shake a baby.
Add drum & bass to the music genre list
Add drum & bass... 'nuff said
Also, this is my first post, so hello everyone!