Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little respect please !!!

Rhino Keeper
    wow...you all missed my point. my point was that "paying customers" don't deserve special or better treatment than us "non paying customers". It was a *** for tat. like me saying i'm "smarter" for not paying money to play these games.

Host(ess)
    ok guys and gals, let's give each other a little respect. Everyone agrees that TL is annoying paying and non-paying customers with their inconsiderate pop ups causing inconveniences when the game hangs (the Oh Darn picture) or wasted trip to the app store. Customers are smart enough to make well informed choices which game they want to play.

I can bear with TL for the occasional late pushing out of new items, recipes, and even the unfair promotions to players (not everyone was offered the raven tree! me included!) I can understand sometimes the servers are overloaded and it's very hard to load balance. But the practice of pushing adverts to our faces got to stop. A good computer programmer/designer should think of the end users. We all know revenue is important to everyone. But if you loose sight of your customers, people can tell and they will turn away. Once lost, they won't come back. Think about it, TL. A little respect goes a long way.

Banned
    It's Marketing too. From what I see Traffic, ie. #of DL's, # of Gaming Sessions and # of minutes played are very important to these developers. And frankly and I've seen it posted here, alot of people just get fed up with the constant popups or ad placed over the menu and Download the game. Maybe they keep it or just DL , open it and then delete it. Even if only 7 outta 10 do this it gives Storm8/TeamLava the numbers. Just look at app store, Both the Halloween Versions of Fashion and Restaurant are ranked in top 200 at 32 and 129. Farm was the first week out too. So even the Holiday editions serve a purpose. To Get new customers. If the Originals are off the grid, and frankly how many people search the app store but just look at the Top 200 unless looking for something in particular, Then The Holiday editions and Popups put the game back into the public eye.

Executive Chef
    Corporate greed -->. Occupy TL movement

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by hoptooit View Post
    It's Marketing too. From what I see Traffic, ie. #of DL's, # of Gaming Sessions and # of minutes played are very important to these developers. And frankly and I've seen it posted here, alot of people just get fed up with the constant popups or ad placed over the menu and Download the game. Maybe they keep it or just DL , open it and then delete it. Even if only 7 outta 10 do this it gives Storm8/TeamLava the numbers. Just look at app store, Both the Halloween Versions of Fashion and Restaurant are ranked in top 200 at 32 and 129. Farm was the first week out too. So even the Holiday editions serve a purpose. To Get new customers. If the Originals are off the grid, and frankly how many people search the app store but just look at the Top 200 unless looking for something in particular, Then The Holiday editions and Popups put the game back into the public eye.
    I am one of the people who just downloaded the games then deleted them because I couldn't handle the pop up harassment. (And it is harassment due to amount and frequency). I don't like that it deceptively raises TL's download statistics but I just couldn't take it.

Farm Supplier
    Gotta agree with what pastry chef said. Once on start up is fine but it does cause crashes and it is frustrating.

Farm Supplier
    I never pay for anything. Put my id up for the list for the accounts that not need any popups. as long as they keep cming they only waste yrs and my bandwith. Let only the paying customers deal with these adds instead. They like 20% off and free stuff when paying for gems. i couldnt care less...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12