Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Collectible Drop Rate

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by briguynv View Post
    I apologize for offending you with my choice of words, it certainly wasn't intended to be "extreme rudeness" or a personal attack as you called it. People have called me "crazy", "nuts" or similar... BUT the CONTEXT is what counts... and said in THE CONTEXT used here, it is certainly not intended as offensive... and in that context, it is obvious to most people that it's not referring to their mental health, and I certainly would never take it as rude or offensive or a personal attack... and I apologize you took it in such a way.

However, it's not really a "matter of opinion" or "view"... you stated a fact, that TL always fixes all issues... when in fact that's not correct... there are NUMEROUS issues that have been ongoing for many, many months or longer that are not fixed. So your point of fact that they fix all issues is wrong, period. I listed a few of the still ongoing issues, and could go on with more. That's the simple fact, many, many issues in these games are ongoing and not fixed! So yes, I was refuting your claim of fact as incorrect.

So again, I apologize you were offended by my choice of words and were so disgusted by it. It makes me sad that anyone could take something SO seriously, especially something as simple as a debate and/or a refute to an incorrect factual statement that anyone makes. This forum is filled with many, many strong opinions & words used, usually none intended to 'hurt or offend' anyone, and I am very sorry you are so easily offended. But I stand by the fact that your statement that 'issues are ALWAYS fixed' is simply untrue, and I will debate that with anyone who says so.

As for this actual topic... Even though GM said they were going to continue to 'tweak' it to improve it, I still see no improvement. I've managed to collect a FEW items over the last week... but still almost NONE of the necessary items. I got ONE hard to get item to complete one row, but the rest of few I have gotten are just adding to the PILES of items I already have, still leaving ZERO in one or two items per row. So the collectibles as a whole is still a mess!
    briguynv, I also agree with pinkster that you were not personally attacking anyone. And with this post. I also agree that saying TL always fixes all issues is an inaccurate statement.

I have also unintentionally offended a few like you have, providing feedback as I normally do. One person quit the forum twice only to return twice.

The Honorable Panda
    Okay guys once again , please keep this thread on topic. If you wish to discuss something other than the collectible drop rate please do so with PMs to each other or start a new thread.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    sigh...i haven't been able to upgrade ANY collectible since the change - I play bakery story so much everyday, buy wall decorations, cook, tip...and i've gotten a flour bag and a chef hat. it's not a drop the rate, it's a drop the feature.
    Last edited by caesarslaw; 10-25-11 at 06:15 AM.

I noticed that GM is reading posts as he has edited #78 and #80 but he still does not have the courtesy to respond and confirm if what players are posting on here is correct. Is it about the #'s? Why doesn't he respond with a decent answer? Does he realise that he has made this aspect unplayable? Does he realise that nothing has changed on the collectible rate despite supposed 'tweaking'? I will keep checking this forum looking for a repy from him, but no doubt will be disappointed that he doesn't care/respond to players questions/concerns.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by angeluk72 View Post
    I noticed that GM is reading posts as he has edited #78 and #80 but he still does not have the courtesy to respond and confirm if what players are posting on here is correct. Is it about the #'s? Why doesn't he respond with a decent answer? Does he realise that he has made this aspect unplayable? Does he realise that nothing has changed on the collectible rate despite supposed 'tweaking'? I will keep checking this forum looking for a repy from him, but no doubt will be disappointed that he doesn't care/respond to players questions/concerns.
    No, he probably hasn't read the posts. There's at least one forum poster who takes pride in reporting things to GM he feels is not following forum rules, in this case inappropriate language. He probably just went to the posts he was asked to look at.

Also GM is the messenger, not the game designer. But he could improve on responding to posts, PMs, and VMs, as he/TL doesn't do that nearly as much as they should.

Rhino Keeper
    That's annoying', I love the colectables.

I just don't understand why they would reduce the drop rate so drastically. Did they think it made the game too easy the way it was? It was great to be able to earn more coins and xp. Maybe if they just reduce it by half it would still be good I really hope they take everyone's comments onboard!

Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    No, he probably hasn't read the posts. There's at least one forum poster who takes pride in reporting things to GM he feels is not following forum rules, in this case inappropriate language. He probably just went to the posts he was asked to look at.

Also GM is the messenger, not the game designer. But he could improve on responding to posts, PMs, and VMs, as he/TL doesn't do that nearly as much as they should.
    Thanks for letting me know, it is so nice to actually be acknowledged even if it is by a fellow forum member. GM does seem to post an awful lot across the forums but seems to have been very quiet on this particular issue.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post

I try. Forum moderation is but one of my responsibilities here. If you need immediate attention on an issue, there are always things I check more frequently than others - PMs, Community Manager thread, etc.

However, I would also say that sometimes I will answer questions and have users ask the same questions later in the thread. Also, I spend less time answering questions if I have to constantly be moderating problematic posts, or asking users to follow guidelines I've discussed ad nauseum (say, like not turning any feature discussion into a soapbox for Android users).

In all honesty, this thread has been so completely derailed that it merits a lock, but if players have legitimate questions regarding this issue, I want to be able to help.
    Last edited by GroupMagma; 10-25-11 at 11:30 AM.

Executive Chef
    In regards to the tweaking, I did not state that players would be able to see marked improvement immediately. This is a process as we continue to evaluate this feature, it's effects on users, on our system, and more.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast