Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Collectible Drop Rate

Fashion Designer
    Yes I noticed the drop rate change, I was having not much luck getting rarer items to complete collections as it was. Still many collections I haven't been able to complete even once. So if it's going to be harder I just won't bother checking for a few months. I don't need coins or xp...lol. I did want the items, but alas, those are the ones I can't seem to get. My daughter got two flower prizes on her bakery and she started playing just last week and doesnt tip, collect, bake a fraction of what i do...and still, I've gotten squat. Iz all good tho, I've just lost interest with the collections facet. Thanks for the notice tho GM so we're not thinking its a bug.
    Fightin crime, fightin crime, all day long, fightin crime- oh look! my donuts are ready

In order of preference with current levels
    FARM lvl 96 BAKERY lvl 96 Restaurant lvl 96 Fashion lvl 89 {{ NO longer playing the following: CITY lvl 96 Zoo lvl 42 Empire lvl 67 Treasure lvl 72 Nightclub lvl }}65

Lesleypsg1 the Deadly, winner of the first ever Mogwai Combat Simulator Mobile Cannon Battle

I also have received not one collectible in restaurant. I had these past couple of days off and so have been constantly cooking/tipping. I got a couple in Farm. So did the drop rate go to 0 in my restaurant then?

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose1369 View Post
    I also have received not one collectible in restaurant. I had these past couple of days off and so have been constantly cooking/tipping. I got a couple in Farm. So did the drop rate go to 0 in my restaurant then?
    I don't think so...try uninstalling and reinstalling the game (progress is saved); also, tip lots!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    I realize there are plenty of users upset about the change in Collectables. However, this was altered for a variety of reasons. We won't be able to raise it to the level it was at before, but we hope to continue tweaking this feature to a level that works for us and is enjoyable for players.
    Personally, I don't WANT it back the way it was... that was way too fast for some items, and impossible for others. But now it's even worse... since my first post saying I haven't gotten any... I have finally gotten 3 items... in FOUR games. Not even 1 per game. WAY too slow. And those ones I got were ones I used to get 50 of anyway.

It needs to be more even... give out ALL items equally, just not as often as before. But not as few as right now too. It shouldn't take MONTHS to get one row filled... and as it stands right now, that is how long it will take.

As for Rachael's comment about "tip lots"... tipping only gives items from ONE row, the cooking tools one. I've never gotten ANY other rows from tipping. I got hundreds of items from cooking/serving... now I get 1 item about ever 400-500 items I cook... way too slow!

Also a note on tipping... tipping on these games is way too tedious and takes too long... so many people, like myself, no longer tip anyone, except myself (since I play two of each games). So I'll NEVER get those rows anymore since I have tipped myself every day this week, and never ONCE gotten a collectible from any of those tips. So that's what 24 tips per game? 6 tips, 4 days... and not one? That's a joke!

Like I said... TL/Storm8 seems to like to do things to the EXTREME! They need to learn how to do things with MODERATION!! Instead of cutting things down to NOTHING like they did, they should have just SLOWED it down SOME... they went from 200mph down to 1mph. They should have gone from 200mph down to say 75mph to see how it goes... or even 50-60... but not all the way down to 1mph... the slowest possible without stopping all the way. For a few days, I thought they DID stop, since I didn't get ANY for so long.

So GM, while I appreciate the info... you need to pass it on that they totally screwed up AGAIN... they slowed it down TOO much and made collectibles more of a hassle than a fun playable portion of the game.

Rhino Keeper
    Hey all,

One change that was implemented last night was to the drop rate of Collectibles. While before, these items were relatively easy to obtain, Collectibles will now drop with much less frequency. This is by design, and not related to the issue last night.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    I've got a question: WHY? (What does it matter if the frequency is high?)

This has got to be among the stupidest decisions ever: implement a new feature that players love, wait for a couple of weeks for people to get used to it, then change it so it's almost unusable, all without giving any explanation.

Rhino Keeper
    I realize there are plenty of users upset about the change in Collectables. However, this was altered for a variety of reasons. We won't be able to raise it to the level it was at before, but we hope to continue tweaking this feature to a level that works for us and is enjoyable for players.
    Any what are those "variety of reasons". What do you even mean by "works for us"?

Finally you reply and even though you have players furious and leaving the game you leave an ambiguous comment which doesn't give an answer why you have dropped the collectible rate or even confirm you will make this playable. TL's tweaking is not working as all your players have said you have made it impossible to get a set now-what joy is that? Why make collectables so impossible when badges are so relatively easy? I don't understand TL putting out a great new function and then removing it in so a way and then not listening to your players. Please give an honest answer why you have dropped the rate and also set it so that this part of the game is playable.

Banned
    It's like I posted before about the #'s. They made them 4 levels and everyone immediately started to level up too quickly. Yes I am SURE the #'s of sessions played and minutes played skyrocketed (Everyone was tipping, watering etc not just neighbors, but community and buying 500 chickens etc to level up and get gems etc) . BUT, they realized that it was gonna be a flash in the pan that after players leveled out it would be just like a crop, drink etc that once mastered your not gonna be worried about it again. So, now they took it back to a stand still while they figure out a viable way to keep the interest and #'s up and keep it around long enough for #'s to stay up for a good bit of time.

Farm Supplier
    In bakery I get rolling pins that's it. In farm I get cakes or spears. And hats in restaraunt I have hundreds of these. I noticed the drop rate Days ago before this post. I don't see why we were given it in the first place for you to decide we were being rewarded to much for spending money on gems which dont buy u alot anyway, especially if we are never going to complete a set. Which I have yet to do and I have hundreds of Nbrs and play more than 30 times a day and I have yet not been given anything other than what I have mentioned since the reduction. Fair enough the past two weeks I have been able to expand quicker because of it since I got a new device and wanted to start over but still I do think it should not be as much as a reduction as it Is now. Yes the items were fairly easy to get before but now it's just impossible. Im only saying what others are saying and thinking. I spent over ?250 on my last device and ?55 on this one so far for Halloween items and I was excited that we were getting something to help us I love farm story etc but I do hate the ads for downloading other TL games that I don't want to download. Let's hope we get more good updates and this massive reduction is a trial. Ps please make a update for treasure story it could be something special if there was more islands and exp & coins for visiting Nbrs etc.

Farm Supplier
    Yep I totally agree. It's not fair. It's just like giving a kid candy and taking it away. Plus We should be rewarded something for having to put up with a interrupted game with the ads which come on at random and u click on it as your going so fast you don't see it and you have to go back in again. If you spend money on this game there should be no ads.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast