Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 161

Thread: Collectible Drop Rate

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    94
    OOPS meant his/her sex was 100 outta 100 issues. NO ONE CARES. Just answer and do JOB!!

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    94
    OOPS, sorry HE is. No info and lotta double talk.

  3. #83
    Nightclub Owner
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Posts
    8,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Olderyzer View Post
    https://techcrunch.com/2011/08/03/sources-storm8-raising-huge-300-million-round-at-1-billion-valuation/

    From Techcrunch 8/3/2011

    Storm 8 is about to become an even bigger powerhouse in mobile gaming.
    We’re hearing from multiple sources that the development shop, which focuses exclusively on mobile games, is raising a massive round in the ballpark of $300 million — at a $1 billion valuation. It’s not totally clear who is investing, but we’re hearing that the deal includes Accel Partners and Technology Crossover Ventures. We’ve also heard that Zynga was bidding hard on the company, but stepped away after the deal got too rich.
    Storm8 … TeamLava… Many of the games have hit top apps lists for both iPhone and Android, and between them, we’re hearing the company is on pace to make $100 million in revenue this year. The most impressive part? They haven’t raised any external funding to date.
    There’s a good chance you haven’t heard about Storm8 before, as the company hasn’t been talking to the press all that often. But it recently announced that it cracked $1 million revenue in a single day during a special promotion, giving the public a taste of just how much money they’re pulling in.
    Some other key stats: earlier this month the company announced that it has 210 million downloads, 5 billion total sessions, and 18 billion minutes played across all of its games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olderyzer View Post
    https://techcrunch.com/2011/06/22/a-n...ion-downloads/

    Techcrunch 6/22/2011

    …What’s more, earlier this month (June - 2011) during a promotional event, Storm8 reached a unique achievement: It had its first “million dollar day”, which of course is another way of saying that the company raked in $1 million in a single day thanks to in-app purchases made utilizing its freemium model…
    Not sure what it has to do with this, but it's worth pointing out that it was ONE day, not every day.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,151
    A note for briguynv, I would have linked this to your post, but I did not wish to copy it.
    Please kindly refrain from making any kind of personal comments, about my character, you have absolutely no right to label me with such names, or to make any kind of personal attack on me.
    You have shown no respect towards me at all,I am utterly disgusted.
    I stated my view, which I am more than entitled to do, by the way my mental health is fully intact, thankyou.
    I won't tolerate extreme rudeness from anyone.

  5. #85
    Grand Emperor
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    17,430
    Quote Originally Posted by barleycoon View Post
    A note for briguynv, I would have linked this to your post, but I did not wish to copy it.
    Please kindly refrain from making any kind of personal comments, about my character, you have absolutely no right to label me with such names, or to make any kind of personal attack on me.
    You have shown no respect towards me at all,I am utterly disgusted.
    I stated my view, which I am more than entitled to do, by the way my mental health is fully intact, thankyou.
    I won't tolerate extreme rudeness from anyone.
    He didn't attack you personally. Back to the topic, I think people want a reason from TL on why the collectible rate was changed.

  6. #86
    The Honorable Panda
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    S8 FORUM
    Posts
    51,963
    This thread is getting way off topic. Please keep all future comments to the collectibles and the drop rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    Hey all,

    One change that was implemented last night was to the drop rate of Collectibles. While before, these items were relatively easy to obtain, Collectibles will now drop with much less frequency. This is by design, and not related to the issue last night.

    Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

    Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

    Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

  7. #87
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas NV
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by barleycoon View Post
    A note for briguynv, I would have linked this to your post, but I did not wish to copy it.
    Please kindly refrain from making any kind of personal comments, about my character, you have absolutely no right to label me with such names, or to make any kind of personal attack on me.
    You have shown no respect towards me at all,I am utterly disgusted.
    I stated my view, which I am more than entitled to do, by the way my mental health is fully intact, thankyou.
    I won't tolerate extreme rudeness from anyone.
    I apologize for offending you with my choice of words, it certainly wasn't intended to be "extreme rudeness" or a personal attack as you called it. People have called me "crazy", "nuts" or similar... BUT the CONTEXT is what counts... and said in THE CONTEXT used here, it is certainly not intended as offensive... and in that context, it is obvious to most people that it's not referring to their mental health, and I certainly would never take it as rude or offensive or a personal attack... and I apologize you took it in such a way.

    However, it's not really a "matter of opinion" or "view"... you stated a fact, that TL always fixes all issues... when in fact that's not correct... there are NUMEROUS issues that have been ongoing for many, many months or longer that are not fixed. So your point of fact that they fix all issues is wrong, period. I listed a few of the still ongoing issues, and could go on with more. That's the simple fact, many, many issues in these games are ongoing and not fixed! So yes, I was refuting your claim of fact as incorrect.

    So again, I apologize you were offended by my choice of words and were so disgusted by it. It makes me sad that anyone could take something SO seriously, especially something as simple as a debate and/or a refute to an incorrect factual statement that anyone makes. This forum is filled with many, many strong opinions & words used, usually none intended to 'hurt or offend' anyone, and I am very sorry you are so easily offended. But I stand by the fact that your statement that 'issues are ALWAYS fixed' is simply untrue, and I will debate that with anyone who says so.

    As for this actual topic... Even though GM said they were going to continue to 'tweak' it to improve it, I still see no improvement. I've managed to collect a FEW items over the last week... but still almost NONE of the necessary items. I got ONE hard to get item to complete one row, but the rest of few I have gotten are just adding to the PILES of items I already have, still leaving ZERO in one or two items per row. So the collectibles as a whole is still a mess!

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    Not sure what it has to do with this, but it's worth pointing out that it was ONE day, not every day.
    Are you related to someone?

    I don't care if just $1 million THAT day, on way to make at least $200 million this year, Without the forced pop ups to download etc., THEY SELL VIRTUAL GEMS ETC. FOR VIRTUAL GIFTS ETC..

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    94
    wait.. DO i GET STOCK IN S8/TL buy buying those VIRTUAL GEMS/CASH etc?

  10. #90
    Grand Emperor
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    17,430
    Quote Originally Posted by hoptooit View Post
    wait.. DO i GET STOCK IN S8/TL buy buying those VIRTUAL GEMS/CASH etc?
    I wish. If we got stock for buying gems I would be a major shareholder ha ha

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •