Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Collectible Drop Rate

Groupmagma posted an ambiguous reply and none of the tweaking has made any difference, even when users have asked for a straight answer - none has been forth coming. I have tried watering and watering farms and got just two or three very common collectibles. If I add anything to my farm I haven't received one collectible. TL might as well just drop this addition to the game as they have ruined it with their tweaking, there is no point as you just can't collect a full set of collectibles. TL don't seem to read or care what their players feel or say. It must be costing them money as I am not the only one refusing to buy gems currently due to their action on what should be a great addition to this game. Come on TL actually read and care what your forum is saying, either give a valid reason for the drop and make this aspect playable or just remove the collectibles completely as you have ruined any enjoyment for your players as it is now impossible to collect.

Executive Chef
    it doesnt feel like i have collectible feature any more

the rate is so slow t barely notice it

moderation is the key

New Resident
    I am not very much agree with your changes... Why you dont ask for the gamers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I'm wondering what the "variety of reasons" are that GM referred to.
    If you read my post #58. I think I nailed a few of the reasons. They are open to, if not aggressively pursuing, a sale or funding etc. So all the #'s count. Like said before even the "Special Holiday Halloween" versions are to generate Download #'s. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Christmas Edition" of some of theses games to create more Download #s. So like I said in post they just don't want a 2-3 week spike in the #'s they want to tweak to give enough to players to get #'s up a lot, but not enough so that after a few weeks everyone is finished with the new feature.

Some one else in here had the right Idea after the 4 levels done, Reset It Back to 0 and Have a new Decoration or whatever. Then their #'s continue to stay up even after you maxed out on Bee Hives for example. Just like adding a new plant a week to FS. Ie. From what I have seen my crops were fully watered in about half the time then before collectables and I would receive a "Sorry. your full" messages from my neighbors that I watered. My crops were completely Maxed out on water because of other players (not Neighbors) trying to get that last Butterfly etc. So YES players were adding online minutes and sessions to their #'s. AND my neighbors still tried to water in return etc. and take time to post that they tried at least. TICK TOCK, all those #'s on their clock.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by hoptooit View Post
    If you read my post #58. I think I nailed a few of the reasons. They are open to, if not aggressively pursuing, a sale or funding etc. So all the #'s count. Like said before even the "Special Holiday Halloween" versions are to generate Download #'s. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Christmas Edition" of some of theses games to create more Download #s. So like I said in post they just don't want a 2-3 week spike in the #'s they want to tweak to give enough to players to get #'s up a lot, but not enough so that after a few weeks everyone is finished with the new feature.

Some one else in here had the right Idea after the 4 levels done, Reset It Back to 0 and Have a new Decoration or whatever. Then their #'s continue to stay up even after you maxed out on Bee Hives for example. Just like adding a new plant a week to FS. Ie. From what I have seen my crops were fully watered in about half the time then before collectables and I would receive a "Sorry. your full" messages from my neighbors that I watered. My crops were completely Maxed out on water because of other players (not Neighbors) trying to get that last Butterfly etc. So YES players were adding online minutes and sessions to their #'s. AND my neighbors still tried to water in return etc. and take time to post that they tried at least. TICK TOCK, all those #'s on their clock.
    I did read your post 58 and I completely agree to everything you've said. I was just wondering what GM's reasons were that he eluded to but never actually gave, and if they were similar.

Farm Supplier
    https://techcrunch.com/2011/08/03/sources-storm8-raising-huge-300-million-round-at-1-billion-valuation/

From Techcrunch 8/3/2011

Storm 8 is about to become an even bigger powerhouse in mobile gaming.
    We’re hearing from multiple sources that the development shop, which focuses exclusively on mobile games, is raising a massive round in the ballpark of $300 million — at a $1 billion valuation. It’s not totally clear who is investing, but we’re hearing that the deal includes Accel Partners and Technology Crossover Ventures. We’ve also heard that Zynga was bidding hard on the company, but stepped away after the deal got too rich.
    Storm8 … TeamLava… Many of the games have hit top apps lists for both iPhone and Android, and between them, we’re hearing the company is on pace to make $100 million in revenue this year. The most impressive part? They haven’t raised any external funding to date.
    There’s a good chance you haven’t heard about Storm8 before, as the company hasn’t been talking to the press all that often. But it recently announced that it cracked $1 million revenue in a single day during a special promotion, giving the public a taste of just how much money they’re pulling in.
    Some other key stats: earlier this month the company announced that it has 210 million downloads, 5 billion total sessions, and 18 billion minutes played across all of its games.

Farm Supplier
    https://techcrunch.com/2011/06/22/a-n...ion-downloads/

Techcrunch 6/22/2011

…What’s more, earlier this month (June - 2011) during a promotional event, Storm8 reached a unique achievement: It had its first “million dollar day”, which of course is another way of saying that the company raked in $1 million in a single day thanks to in-app purchases made utilizing its freemium model…

Banned
    I think that was the reason HE/SHE gave, HE/SHE are a cog in chain and not ever going to give a straight answer. In politics, He/She is a spin doctor... keep everyone confused.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with [edit].
    W. C. Fields
    Last edited by GroupMagma; 10-24-11 at 02:45 PM.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by hoptooit View Post
    I think that was the reason HE/SHE gave, HE/SHE are a cog in chain and not ever going to give a straight answer. In politics, He/She is a spin doctor... keep everyone confused.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with [edit].
    W. C. Fields
    GM is a he.
    Last edited by DaojinWildfire; 10-25-11 at 10:48 AM.

Banned
    I don't really care sounds both ways and frankly thats on my list as #1 OUTTA 100.

We want answers, Hey if selling, Good Luck, Because as stands the games SUCK. And I am sorry I invested time and $$$ to make Your [edit] richer. So Sell and let us play the stinking games.
    Last edited by GroupMagma; 10-24-11 at 02:46 PM.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast