Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: New Updates, and Collectibles!

Rhino Keeper
    TL really doesn't understand anything about good business practices do they? They keep offering updates and amazing features but at the same time they consistently fall short of meeting the mark. If they had to pull the badge update for androids, then why couldn't they also pull the iOS update as well? It's not like it would have been unfair. At least in doing this the iOS users would have felt the same sting that us Android users do. If there was truly an issue with the update for the android platform, then why go ahead with the release for iOS? We were told the initial plan was to release the badges to both platforms at the same time, so why not stick with the bloody plan? Instead they push it out for iOS and screw the droid users LIKE ALWAYS!!! and to be blunt i'm not buying the bull about it "not being released to all iOS users" it was still RELEASED to that platform and ONLY that platform first. I could understand if TL wanted to release it to test the bugs, but releasing it to test the bugs in only one platform?

Why don't you all just come out in the open and be honest about your favortism towards iOS users? You're a business that tries to get money from players using any and all means including poorly designed interfaces that allow for and practically insure the loss and unintentional use of gems without ever addressing the issue of fixing it or protecting your players. Your games are unreliable and frequently come up with "sync errors" causing the loss of work/recipes/coins/gems due to an error on YOUR side of things and don't forget the lag that you cannot seem to fix or even acknowledge exists.... So why don't you save everybody some grief and just admit that you're looking towards the iOS users as your main customer/player base? The only reason you even released to android must have been as an afterthought when you didn't think you were garnering enough cash from the iOS users... I'm tired of the excuses and carefully constructed replies that say absolutely NOTHING!!

You couldn't even push out the badge update for androids before adding this collectible release and rubbing even more salt into the wound...

I redeemed an item. A hanging pots for bakery story. I stored it to move somewhere and it disappeared. Help!

Go to the wall items, then click on the left arrow until you see the pots. They are on the last page, and don't have a price underneath them.

New Resident
    People it is simple, only 1 type of phone runs on iOS, androids have many different devices so hence it will naturally take longer to develop s product for the android market reason being it is much larger than the iOS market, and I guarantee that most of the people who are complaining only play the game for free and never purchase gems lol, take it easy people it's a game, get a iPhone or just be patient....on another note i like the update but agree with everyone elses complaints about certain features, also with the collectibles I don't see any one that offers a gem that would have been cool, maybe that happens when u master it

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by renasia View Post
    People it is simple, only 1 type of phone runs on iOS, androids have many different devices so hence it will naturally take longer to develop s product for the android market reason being it is much larger than the iOS market, and I guarantee that most of the people who are complaining only play the game for free and never purchase gems lol, take it easy people it's a game, get a iPhone or just be patient....on another note i like the update but agree with everyone elses complaints about certain features, also with the collectibles I don't see any one that offers a gem that would have been cool, maybe that happens when u master it
    You're right about my complaining at least. I don't buy gems, but considering the updates for my platform tend to lag anywhere from a week to a month or two behind those provided for the "simple" iOS devices, is there really a reason why I should support TL with my money?

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by jaid666 View Post
    TL really doesn't understand anything about good business practices do they? They keep offering updates and amazing features but at the same time they consistently fall short of meeting the mark. If they had to pull the badge update for androids, then why couldn't they also pull the iOS update as well? It's not like it would have been unfair. At least in doing this the iOS users would have felt the same sting that us Android users do. If there was truly an issue with the update for the android platform, then why go ahead with the release for iOS? We were told the initial plan was to release the badges to both platforms at the same time, so why not stick with the bloody plan? Instead they push it out for iOS and screw the droid users LIKE ALWAYS!!! and to be blunt i'm not buying the bull about it "not being released to all iOS users" it was still RELEASED to that platform and ONLY that platform first. I could understand if TL wanted to release it to test the bugs, but releasing it to test the bugs in only one platform?

Why don't you all just come out in the open and be honest about your favortism towards iOS users? You're a business that tries to get money from players using any and all means including poorly designed interfaces that allow for and practically insure the loss and unintentional use of gems without ever addressing the issue of fixing it or protecting your players. Your games are unreliable and frequently come up with "sync errors" causing the loss of work/recipes/coins/gems due to an error on YOUR side of things and don't forget the lag that you cannot seem to fix or even acknowledge exists.... So why don't you save everybody some grief and just admit that you're looking towards the iOS users as your main customer/player base? The only reason you even released to android must have been as an afterthought when you didn't think you were garnering enough cash from the iOS users... I'm tired of the excuses and carefully constructed replies that say absolutely NOTHING!!

You couldn't even push out the badge update for androids before adding this collectible release and rubbing even more salt into the wound...
    I agree with you with one exception. I don't agree with you saying they have
    "...poorly designed interfaces that allow for and practically insure the loss and unintentional use of gems..." Those interfaces are not poorly designed - they are cleverly and intentionally designed interfaces. I think they put a lot of time and thought into their design to ensure the ease of unintentionally using gems.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    I agree with you with one exception. I don't agree with you saying they have
    "...poorly designed interfaces that allow for and practically insure the loss and unintentional use of gems..." Those interfaces are not poorly designed - they are cleverly and intentionally designed interfaces. I think they put a lot of time and thought into their design to ensure the ease of unintentionally using gems.
    I stand corrected! XD

Rhino Keeper
    My thoughts on some of the new "collectible" items.
    As to redeeming and receiving the same item over & over, and the question of gems... what I am guessing is this... once they FIX the mastery portion... after we master a particular group, the prize THEN changes (I hope anyway)... and I am betting that once you fully master it, fill the progress bar, THAT is when we might be awarded a gem. Just my thinking.
    As for getting dupe items... I think that was poor planning on the part of deco items, like the hanging utensils, and is pretty much showing them not thinking again in my opinion, as we wouldn't need 5, 10, 20 or whatever of those. I'm hoping we can sell the extras for a decent amount of coins or preferably even ONE gem each. But one "prize" on RS is a table... and that bothers me in another way... because I'm the type of person who wants all my tables to be the same, or at least match, like using 2 or 3 different ones that GO together well. Getting this table wouldn't give me enough to fill my restaurant, and the same table is sold for 4 gems each... so to get more, I would have to spend a TON of gems. Not fair. Now what WOULD be fair, is if I redeem this table, and don't want to keep it, then I could SELL it, even for ONE gem, I would be happy... they earn 4 gems on sale of them, give us 1 gem for these redeemed ones at least.
    In BS, one prize is a little bread display table called "Bread Baskets", which sells for 5 gems... but again, I wouldn't want 10/? of these, so let us sell the extras for 1-2 gems each. Plus, I'd be upset if I already spent a bunch of gems buying these items, only to get a ton of them free now... those gems are too valuable to waste them like that.

The prizes should be DIFFERENT items than were previously sold, like the hanging utensils, so nobody could have them already. And for deco items, it should change EVERY time you redeem, or at least every 2nd redemption, because we dont need 5, 10, 20, whatever of the same deco item.

And since gems were brought up as a possible prize, I am hoping and guessing once we master one group, we will then get one gem for mastering, then it starts over with a different redemption prize... that's my guess & hope anyway. I really hope it's not just "done" once it's mastered one time... that will go pretty quickly and not offer much variety.

As for Android users being upset... I see both sides to that. I can understand feeling 'left out'... but I can also understand it's much more complex programming to make it work on SO many different devices, whereas the idevices are all the same, so it's much simpler. I have seen lots of apps/companies who still don't even touch Android yet, they stick with Ios only... so at least TL is trying... even if they are slower at getting it to Android, at least they are attempting it. And they could have just said "sorry guys, we're not rolling out these updates to Android at this time"... they said they ARE doing it, they are just behind.
    I can understand being upset... heck, I'm upset at them for other stupid stuff like creating updates that mess up the game, like gifting! But they ARE trying for Android... better than some companies.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Exactly. GM why isn't it alternated? Why are Android users ALWAYS last?
    Answer: You got the wrong phone. Happy?

Seriously: They are working at it, Android should be happy that they have the Story Games for now, the Story Team has also changed their entire way to work (if you get what I mean) as we now really get weekly updates instead of lies and wont even get them per month, they are also adding things that we requested. I bet that they are working hard to fix it for android.

/Eldin

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by briguynv View Post
    they could have just said "sorry guys, we're not rolling out these updates to Android at this time"...
    That is basically what they've been saying, lol. They did it with the badges and with collectibles they didn't even say that much. They tell us there will be an update, then they go and change their minds due a "very liquid schedule". I was kind of glad to see your post though, it does help to see other users posting something beyond the typical "stop crying/complaining etc" or "get a different phone".

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast