Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gem/box Rip Off!

Host(ess)

Angry Gem/box Rip Off!

I feel so ripped off, I spent over hundreds of $dollars$ trying to get the "Artistic Fountain". Instead all I got was:

6 (ugly) Quad Sofa's
    14 Groovy Mannequin's
    1 Groovy Display
    6 Pink Ottomen's!

Who needs 14 stinkin' mannequins?! Team Lava makes it way too difficult to get the 1st prize items!
    Darn you Team Lava for taking advantage of gullible cyber shopaholics!

Executive Chef
    Been there done that, I don't play the boxes much anymore. Plenty of other items for me to choose to buy now.

Executive Chef
    That's horrible...

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    ...ouch. Did you buy all these at the same time? Because apparently closing then restarting the game makes duplicates less likely.

Host(ess)
    Yeah, I tried that. Shut down my iPhone and restarted, and I also heard from another user that if you purchase the gems on sale, then to wait a day later and my chances would improve. But nothing. I was just being crazy spending all that money. Lesson learned.

Executive Chef
    I really want a fountain... And I've only ever seen that artistic fountain once. I wish I was playing when the Aquarius fountain was offered. My loss I guess.

Rhino Keeper
    Wow that is really bad I tried to get the horse carriage so I opened the 8 boxes but didn't get
    But I got other things I wanted and only got 1 duplicate (bride manequean)
    But in your case ouch >< but the artistic fountain I only saw 2 ppl has it
    Maybe it depends on luck
    Cuz once I saw someone who had 3 horse carriages lol

Host(ess)
    You realize first place is 1% chance unless you are extremely lucky you need around 1000-2000 gems for first place.

Executive Chef
    wow... i have tough luck with the groovy box too so i gave up and tried magic box. had more luck with that one. im jealous of my nbr. tried only 3 times and got an artistic fountain. >.< ya maybe you should have waited a while. for example one box a week. im not sure if this will work, but maybe you tap the box and then you go do something else (in real life) that takes at least 1 min then come back and check on it. maybe my bad luck with the groovy box is that i keep staring at the screen when i open it LOL
    honestfish, it all depends on luck. some people like my nbr are lucky(had 1st prize on faux and groovy... so lucky)

Rhino Keeper
    I've tried the groovy box about 20 times and ended up with the artistic on the last box out of the max amount of gems you can buy. I actually was trying for the display and didn't get it at all. But I opened one box for thefirst time on city and got a roller coaster. I don't think it has to do with the amount of gems you buy but I do think if you open consecutive boxes you have less of a chance of getting duplicates.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast