Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge stocked stores..what's the key?

Fashion Designer
    I stock up all the time. As sissy mentioned abOve, I have a few racks just for liking and others that sell. On high levels if u are an active player it makes sense to do it as nbrs visit frequently and leave their tips

I don't think there is any way to keep an organized " set" shop, that is always full unless you block off certain areas or do what Team Lava wants you to do and purchase more squares. I keep my boutique color coordinated, so the only time I have ever spent real $ was to get more squares after I got the final 22. I bought another 4 and it does help, but I still could use a ton more. I'm glad you posted this question because I was going to ask the same. I see these NICE FULL shops, that are not blocked off, how do they do that? In my opinion they must have ALOT more than 22 squares
    MB

Farm Supplier
    I have about 100 racks/tables combined (between 1400-2000 items on each) and I've never bought any extra slots or block off any areas. I do close for about 12 hours every night to restock and then reorder items I get low on during the day. I make about $80000-90000 on a typical day, depending on what time I open & close the store.

You do have to stay closed at the beginning in order to stock up, but after that, it's not that hard to keep a full store if you have a lot of racks & tables.

Executive Chef
    I'm just going to be bluntly honest...

I am not a huge fan of stores who have endless stock simply because nothing is really accessible. To me, that beats the point of playing. It tells me that your game playing is all about the neighbors that visit and leave likes. But what is the point of that? Your customers are not able to buy anything anyways. Maybe it's because of who I am in reality, I am a graphics designer and software developer so I like to see games like FS in a realistic way. In real life...a store will not thrive on reviews [aka likes], it needs customers/money also. That's not to say some of these stores are not beautiful, because they are. But the number one reason why I love the game is because my store looks exactly like what my real life store would look like. So when I see inaccessible stores, it kinda makes me sad.

With that said, I keep my store forever stocked because I have a set rule for myself that NO item can fall under "1,000" in stock. It works perfectly for me, it's basically my out of stock number. This way if I leave on a business trip and it's a short one [therefore I don't close the store], when I come back most items still have "500" or so left and I have plenty of time still to "restock". So my advice would be to give yourself a new "zero".

I do not like the black pumps gift, so I pretty much stock up on those in my gift acceptance screen. Every night I block my main store a create a "mini store" with just tables and mirrors, and place the black pumps up for sale. Meanwhile, I am ordering clothes for the rest of my store. It works well for me, but I also level 60 so I've had the time to create my system. I think when you're starting it out it's a little harder, but for me it honestly got a lot easier and manageable by level 20 or so because I set my 1,000 number as my zero.

PS - I hope no one is offended by my opening words. It's honestly just my opinion and there may be a reason behind that type of game-playing that I'm just not understanding.

I agree with LCAHEARTS. I have "only" about 40 tables/racks combined, but lots of open space, seats, sofas and decoration and my place looks like a "real" boutique. I never block doors or the register, and still have between 2000 and 8000 stock on each display unit. I have 24 slots, and I used to stock up daily, but today after not playing at all for 3 days I had only 7 empty display units. The trick is to slow down sales by having fewer mirrors and dressing rooms. You'll get a few broken hearts, but then as a result also fewer customers, and less sales.

Rhino Keeper
    22 is max?!! That sucks! I have been waiting for a new catalog I can believe I hit max so early! why such an uneven number with catalogs that have 4 items and 3 items why not just make it 24 so you can order an even number of items each time?

Rhino Keeper
    Wait there are 24? Ok I was replying to a previous post that said 22 was max. I was disappointed there for a minute lol.

There are 22, I bought 2 extra.

The Honorable Panda
    yes 22 max without buying any with gems.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Host(ess)
    LCAHEARTS I agree with you MY inventory number is 1,000 also. I have a big store designed where all items can be reached. My secret is items that take long to process ( 8hr to 2 days) are ordered BEFORE I go to bed...2nd secret is SLOTS. Having more will help you to achieve this large inventory goal and I started this game out that way. Don't be in a rush too avatars coming into your store...get the inventory & buy gems when ON SALE ONLY...exchange some gems for game money so you buy the orders...visit or add me if you like same I.D.
    ( Bahaqueen ) on Fashion, Bakery & Restautant Story...ya mon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast