Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argh! Over 10,000 plates GONE in seconds!

Rhino Keeper

Argh! Over 10,000 plates GONE in seconds!

I am really getting tired of this! People complain how SLOW food sells, especially in RS... but some in BS also. But MY complaint is the opposite in BS!! I tried posting about this before, but apparently I explained it wrong, so the responses I received had nothing to do with the issue.

I put out over 10,000 plates of food... leave the game and return 10-20 SECONDS later max, and EVERY PLATE IS SOLD already! Supposedly that's impossible, since there is a max rate food can sell per hour... but this happens in SECONDS... and it happens 9 times out of 10 in BS that I put food out. It seems that 10th time is when I only have maybe 1000-2000 plates, and for some reason those take 20-30 mins to sell... but if it's a big number of plates... many thousand, they go instantly!

Can someone PLEASE be sure this is reported so hopefully they can FIX it!! It's a pain to have to keep my bakery closed/blocked 99% of the time while I cook new food, only to have it eaten seconds each time I open up. I'd love to keep my bakery open for HOURS... but if I do that, I'd have ZERO happiness points.

It happens in BS only that I notice (like others, my plates in RS don't seem to ever sell anymore... I can't even get rid of 1000 plates in an hour there)... happening on both my devices, iPhone4 and iTouch 2nd gen. Both devices are up to date on ios and game version... although this was happening with the last game version as well, so it's not a new bug. And I'm pretty sure I've heard others saying something similar... but not sure if it's identical.

The Honorable Panda
    sounds like you are blocking your door while your food is cooking? If that is the case, then I have already checked this out with GM .

Closing doors and blocking registers, etc in any of the games, is not a design mechanic, its a work around some people have found in the games.

Since this is not a design feature built into the game, TL cannot verify if it will work or not work and why some people are having the sudden "quick" sales

This is happening in Fashion story.
    https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...thes+disappear

If this is not what you are experiencing let me know.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    State of New Jersey! The armpit of America!
    Well, I started playing BS and RS and here is what I have discovered through my experience.

When I have no food on the counter, I blocked the door, then set all the stoves to cook something that takes, say, a day.
    The next day, when I place the food out that cooked for 24 hours, then open the door and leave the game, I find that the food sells quickly. It happened even faster when I cooked two days food with blocking the door for two days.

I think there is something in the timing of the game, where the door must remain open at all times, or else, what happens, is that the game tries to "catch up" when presented with 10,000 plates all of a sudden, and "back sells" most of it to make up for the time the door is closed.

It isn't really apparent when closing the door for a few hours, but when closed for an extended period, the food flies off the shelf when you finally open.

The work way I have worked around it? The night I am going to cook something overnight, I will open my door, even if there is no food to serve, and close the game immediately. The heart rating remains at 100, and when I finally serve the food I have cooked overnight, it lasts for a decent period of time.

Thus, do not block your door for extended periods. Try that and see what happens.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by LanokaHarbor View Post
    Well, I started playing BS and RS and here is what I have discovered through my experience.

When I have no food on the counter, I blocked the door, then set all the stoves to cook something that takes, say, a day.
    The next day, when I place the food out that cooked for 24 hours, then open the door and leave the game, I find that the food sells quickly. It happened even faster when I cooked two days food with blocking the door for two days.

I think there is something in the timing of the game, where the door must remain open at all times, or else, what happens, is that the game tries to "catch up" when presented with 10,000 plates all of a sudden, and "back sells" most of it to make up for the time the door is closed.

It isn't really apparent when closing the door for a few hours, but when closed for an extended period, the food flies off the shelf when you finally open.

The work way I have worked around it? The night I am going to cook something overnight, I will open my door, even if there is no food to serve, and close the game immediately. The heart rating remains at 100, and when I finally serve the food I have cooked overnight, it lasts for a decent period of time.

Thus, do not block your door for extended periods. Try that and see what happens.
    this has been my theory over at fashion..
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    State of New Jersey! The armpit of America!
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    this has been my theory over at fashion..
    Ha ha! Great minds!
    I think it's probably applicable across all the TL games that sells something over a time period. It is probably imbedded in the base program they used across all games.

Senior Moderator
    And I've also heard - stay in the game for at least 15 minutes before leaving it (possibly not even visiting neighbors) might help this.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Rhino Keeper
    Okay, this doesn't really make sense to me. the whole 'catch up' doesn't equate in my brain... but oh well. First, yes mainly it's happened when I've put out food after having blocked the door. BUT there have been numerous times where I have food out already, and have customers IN the bakery eating, when a bunch of food is done all at once. So once I put all that new food out ADDING to what's left of other orders, and THEN close the game, then come right back in to the game, ALL the food I just put out PLUS the food that had already been selling for an hour while I was tipping/gifting, etc is all gone. So it's not ONLY when I've been closed.

As for staying in the game 15 mins... HOW? If I just sit there and do nothing for 15 mins, the game will go to sleep on it's own. So what, just keep touching the screen doing nothing for 15 mins? That seems crazy... I spend too much time in the games doing pointless things already lol. And also, if I already had customers in the store for probably longer than 15 mins and it still takes all the food, then this doesn't seem like it would help with me.

And if I leave the door open all the time, with no food... then I'd have zero happiness points... so I'm not gonna leave the door open when I have no food for 12+ hours... or even 6 hours. That number goes down way too fast... and seems to take way too long to build back up.

Fashion Designer
    You can block your doors but when you open it, just try to stay on the page for at least more than half an hour. It works for me after what I've experienced like you did.
    sophiacml

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiacml View Post
    You can block your doors but when you open it, just try to stay on the page for at least more than half an hour. It works for me after what I've experienced like you did.

But again, I've had food out and customers already IN the restaurant for at least 15-30 mins already, and then put more food out and close it... and it still takes it all.

But I'll try it right now, I just had a bunch of food finish, so I'll try to keep the game open for 30 mins... but it still seems crazy... there doesn't seem like any reason why the game should "try to catch up" when there was nothing to sell all that time. So it still seems like a "bug", the door thing being planned or not, it's still a bug... but it's not surprising.

Rhino Keeper
    Duh, I messed up, I did have food ready, so I thought I could test this, but it was ready in RS, not BS... I forgot... and it never does it in RS. But that's the other thing, I can have the door blocked in RS all day, serve 10,000-20,000 plates, and it lasts 2+ days... even after the door had been closed. Since the games are extremely similar, pretty much the same identical base programming, it shouldn't cause that big of a difference in BS having the door closed for a few hours. Today in fact, I had food off & on this afternoon... I put it out as it came, so I wasn't really without, and I was in the game a lot... and it all sold mostly like normal. When I came back to check, I had forgotten to come back sooner, and all the food was gone... now my new food wouldn't be ready for a couple hours... not all day or anything, just like 2 more hours. So I closed up... then came back & served, re-opened... closed the game, went back in and "poof" all gone. So it even happens after a couple of hours blocked. And I'll try again tomorrow, but I'm almost positive I have stayed in for a bit after only fresh food... and I know for a fact I've been open serving old food plus new food that was there when I leave the game... because I had to sit and count each one, and had odd amounts... it wasn't just the new food that went out... like maybe I had 387, 1313, 192, etc... all these partially eaten plates added to my new plates... yet 30 seconds or less, it's ALL gone. I'll try it both ways over the next couple days to see what happens for sure... I can also try to take photos if I can... before, during and after lol. Cuz I really don't think it's only the door thing, I think there's something else involved as well.

So IDK... I'll try a couple ways, out of curiosity... although I'm thinking it might be pointless. I have totally fallen for these games... but I'm getting so frustrated with issues and problems... I'm seriously wondering if I can continue playing. Right now I'm waiting to see if they pull a bunch more recipes... but with that, gem issues, and even though this is minor having my food vanish instantly, it's still on the list... I'm making a pro/con list... and the con list is filling up fast all of a sudden, and that's so sad... because I think these games are awesome IDEAS... just poor implementation and management. It's great to want to add new things all the time... but I think they should first concentrate on fixing the bad things first... and someone needs to tell them removing anything good is NOT fixing. If it ain't broke and all... recipes aren't broke... but many other things are broke, so work on those and leave us our recipes... and darn it, find out how to let our food sell all night long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast