Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rules for Posting in Off-Topic -- UPDATED 2/1/12

Executive Chef

Rules for Posting in Off-Topic -- UPDATED 2/1/12

Hey guys,

I realize that the forum games are reallllly popular at the moment. Which is good; I'm glad you guys are having fun.

However, right now, the volume of posting in OT is so high that it's actually drowning out some of the posts in the What's New feed. That's bad, since it means I and others can't see users' posts who need help.

Soooooo, let's impose some guidelines.

1) No double-posting. No posting twice in a row (or more than twice in a row).

2) After posting in a thread, hold off until at least four other people have posted. This is more for variety's sake, and to keep threads from getting spammy or stale.

3) No forum games lasting longer than 50 Pages. After Page 50, we lock the thread and move on.

4) After a Forum Game has been locked for going over the post limit, please wait one week (i.e. seven full days) before posting it again. Anyone can start up the new game; not just the original poster.

Also, please note the Forum Game prefix will be removed, as we now have a forum for it.

I may add on more later, but these are the OT rules from now on. If you guys notice any threads in need of moderation, please contact myself or any of the mods.
    Last edited by GroupMagma; 02-01-12 at 11:45 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Can you make a FORUM GAMES section and move all those to it. There are just SOOOO many and they are very popular.

That really is a good idea. A sub-forum for forum games.

Executive Chef
    K, subforum created. Redirects for all existing Forum Games will expire in one day.

Awesome! Thank you so much GM!

Executive Chef
    Thanks GM! Forum games will still show up under "what's new", and this change doesn't really accomplish anything, but I understand why you did it

That way there is a place for forum games, and there is a place for Off Topic.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai4111 View Post
    Thanks GM! Forum games will still show up under "what's new", and this change doesn't really accomplish anything, but I understand why you did it
    Well, if I could fix that, I would. :/

There isn't any way I know of, and I know the vBulliten admin control panel pretty well.

Executive Chef
    A bitter and lonely state of cruelty and injustice
    Quote Originally Posted by bawpotter View Post
    There isn't any way I know of, and I know the vBulliten admin control panel pretty well.
    Now how do you know all that?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast