View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with this idea?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Disagree

0 0%
  • Disagree

1 25.00%
  • Agree

1 25.00%
  • Strongly Agree

2 50.00%

Thread: Title Contest

Executive Chef
    A bitter and lonely state of cruelty and injustice

Title Contest

Regarding the Title Contest:

I definitely think a contest as big as this needs a poll. These titles will represent everyone, so everyone should have their voice heard. I have gotten a few PMs about this contest, and how it is unfair that everything relies on one person. In short, we need a poll, and we need our voices heard, and I need your help.

TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!

Don't you agree? We need to campaign this idea!

Executive Chef
    Well I wouldn't go as far as saying it's "unfair" because it didn't cost me anything to participate in the contest. It's TL's game and they can do whatever they want.

However, I am very disappointed with the result. There are a lot of good entries, creative, original, and everything. The winning ones are just...oh well... (no offence to the winner).

Executive Chef
    Yes, this thread is not for offense to the winner at all. Some of us forum members would like a vote instead for all of the contests to rely on one person.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Firstly, which idea does the poll represent?
    Secondly, the decision has now been made; what would be unfair would be changing it.

Grand Emperor
    Oh whoops I misunderstood the poll. I picked disagree. But what I meant was I don't like some of the titles (no offence to the winner at all). I don't want to be a fashion designer. Seriously, from senior member to fashion designer?

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    Secondly, the decision has now been made; what would be unfair would be changing it.
    Remember, nothing is ever set in stone.

New Resident
    i just voted that i agree but to be honest, i still dont know what ur talking about XD

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    The idea of having a poll to vote for contests.

Quote Originally Posted by estefimola View Post
    i just voted that i agree but to be honest, i still dont know what ur talking about XD
    What is the point of voting if you don't know what you are voting for?

Executive Chef
    A few notes:

1) This is not a tax. And as this is a forum, i.e. a venue for open communication and expression, it's tough to claim you aren't represented.

2) While the Forum Titles do represent the forum posters, they also represent TeamLava as a whole. As such, this was a contest I wanted complete control over. And besides...

3) We've tried forum votes for contests. It becomes a popularity contest, or a situation where *****ing is rampant. It's not something I'm eager to try again.

4) Let's be real here. If enough people are really so diametrically opposed to being distantly connected to a fashion designer, we can hold a vote about that particular title. However, I'm not confident anyone is going to sign into the forums, see your title as "Fashion Designer," and think "that guy/gal must be a fashion designer". They're titles that relate directly to our games, which is actually the point of this forum -- not post accumulation or forum games. I agree that there were plenty of creative, unique entries -- but the winners have been chosen.

In short, your feedback is always welcome, but that doesn't mean it will always be acted on. This was a decision made consciously by me prior to the contest, and there isn't sufficient reason to change.