View Poll Results: How much food is on your counters?

Voters
594. You may not vote on this poll
  • None - they clear out every night!

57 9.60%
  • A good amount - I have a few counters full.

159 26.77%
  • TOO MUCH! I don't think I'll ever sell all of it!

378 63.64%
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: How much food is on your counters?

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by BakeryThing View Post
    If I had to pick, I'd rather things sold too slow rather than too fast.

My bakery story items seem to sell at a decent pace. I'll go from having every counter full when I log off for the night, and come back to about half of them empty. I honestly don't want mine to sell any faster because I enjoy having sumptuous goodies sitting about the store and I'd be heartbroken if they all sold out every night, like the items in my Restaurant Story seem to. I had the same problem in Fashion Story - I'd close the store, make thousands of things for every rack and when I'd reopen the next day, the store would be picked clean. It made me so mad I uninstalled FS. What's the point of a fashion store with no clothing in it? The same holds true for a bakery. I don't mind the restaurant selling out every night, as that fits the theme of a restaurant alright (I'd rather they didn't all sell, but it's not a game-breaker for me).
    Never thought about it like that, but yeah, I'd rather it sell slower. I used to have to think about checking my bakery to see if the food was getting too low so that I'd have to close. Now I don't have to do that. And I went on vacation, didn't bake anything for 9 days, and was open 24/7 and didn't think once about running out of food.

What I'd really like is no rate change, and for the weekly updates to include recipes with a low number of plates and a high number of XP.

Executive Chef
    But slow to a point that your amount of coins remain unchanged? What if TL decide to open up another expansion and you don't have enough coins?

Grand Emperor
    The last expansion was 5M. They were going up $1M for each expansion. If the next one is $6M, I can expand that day and still have too much money. Plus I have 2M plates on my counters, and eventually I'll get $8M for those.

Grand Emperor
    My coins were remaining unchanged once because I kept cooking, and the cost for the new dishes are higher than normal (about 2000 or more), and so everytime I looked at my coins they were close to the same number all week. I just stopped cooking, let the coins build up, get my last expansion (this was on RS), and went back to cooking. Not ideal, but it worked.

Grand Emperor
    After 24 hrs:

38548 plates sold (26.8 plates/min)
    172457 increase in coins not counting tips (ave 4.5 coins/plate)

I sold weekly update items (4 coins/plate) and cappuccino gifts (10 coins/plate)
    I did not bake or serve food during this time
    I went into the bakery 6 times to get the plate count, tip neighbors, collect gifts, gift neighbors.

So it seems okay for me. I probably shouldn't have gone into the bakery at all, and if I hadn't my sell rate would have been higher. But this is the rate I should be getting with everyday play.

Executive Chef
    I understand what you're saying if half your counters empty overnight. But for me, I have 15 full counters and about 1 empties every week. That is far too slow, we should have an option of how fast we want things to go.

Grand Emperor
    I had 11 full counters to start and at the end had 9.

The sell rate is still the same whether you have 5 counters of food or 20. But if you have 5 counters each counter will sell close to 8000 plates a day, whereas if you have 20 each counter will sell close to 2000 plates a day.

I had a problem earlier where I had too many counters of food. So I didn't bake and eventually the counters started clearing. Now I try to keep the number of counters with food to a minimum, but each counter may have a lot of food on it. Right now I have 10 counters with 1.8M plates of food and 8 counters in storage. Two counters have >500K of food and will take forever to clear. The rest will eventually clear.

Executive Chef
    I'd be really annoyed if I had that much food. Im not going to stop playing and not bake because that's the point of the whole game other than tipping. I honestly cannot believe TL will not respond to any of these threads.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by joyirene View Post
    I'd be really annoyed if I had that much food. Im not going to stop playing and not bake because that's the point of the whole game other than tipping. I honestly cannot believe TL will not respond to any of these threads.
    Well, I can believe TL won't respond to any of these threads. The thread is too civil and its not a game. Why don't you send a VM or PM to GM?

Quote Originally Posted by mattdiner View Post
    If you don't want your food piling up, make fast money by baking Red Velvet Cake.
    ...and only Red Velvet Cake.
    That is exactly how i found out the slow down. I used to cook only RVC, nothing else, but i dedicate 1 serving table per oven to increase avg price. Everyday my RVCs would sold out before 2nd batch completed (22 hours cycle). When slow down started, then i'd have up to 3 days worth of RVCs (day 3 RVC finish cooking and 1st batch not sold out yet). Thats when i had to break it with pumpkin pie every couple batches

Now i dont care for coins anymore, i just keep cooking for gems (any recipes im not at lvl 4, regardless if i cant sell the food)

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast