View Poll Results: How much food is on your counters?

Voters
594. You may not vote on this poll
  • None - they clear out every night!

57 9.60%
  • A good amount - I have a few counters full.

159 26.77%
  • TOO MUCH! I don't think I'll ever sell all of it!

378 63.64%
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: How much food is on your counters?

Nightclub Owner
    So far as I'm aware I've yet to see any sort of food limit per counter in all my years of playing. As you've noticed, similar food gets piled together when you run out of empty counters but that's about it so far as counter rules go. When you see multiple counters with the same recipe on it, that just means that the player has placed extra counters out.

They would do this either for future food placement or to ensure that the food sells quicker, as many theorize that food sells faster when the amounts per counter are lower. Personally, I go for more counters simply because I redecorate often and do not want to wait around for the food to sell or waste the food by storing a full counter.

I have a neighbor who has over 20 million servings on one counter.

Fashion Designer
    I have over 6 million RVC. All on the one counter. I do often go days without baking as well. I have 72 ovens so it does go up fairly quickly.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by geordieprogman View Post
    I have over 6 million RVC. All on the one counter. I do often go days without baking as well. I have 72 ovens so it does go up fairly quickly.
    That makes a whole lot of sense, forgot that we can add ovens!
    Not accepting any new neighbors at the moment

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    I have a neighbor who has over 20 million servings on one counter.
    yup, I had over 20 million on one counter before
    PM/ Profile |Gamerologizm Fan Link in Forum (previously known as Supreme Dynasty) | Transfer Method
    Dragon Egg Chart Mostly updated (I've given up on Dragon because most Dragons are unobtainable for me; but still update when I can when I'm not scrambling with RS & BS to complete their goals.)
    Restaurant & Bakery Completely Updated!
    IDs: Sehana (main)

When stacking, food will always stack to the (same-food) Counter that's been out on the floor the longest. The "oldest" Counter, so to speak.

As far as food usage/"sales" goes, the game draws equally from all (even duplicate-food) Counters; smaller-quantity Counters will therefore empty first. I had a theory that the Game was biased towards the lowest-profit foods first, but my research shows that was not the case.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCoopMi View Post
    When stacking, food will always stack to the (same-food) Counter that's been out on the floor the longest. The "oldest" Counter, so to speak.

As far as food usage/"sales" goes, the game draws equally from all (even duplicate-food) Counters; smaller-quantity Counters will therefore empty first. I had a theory that the Game was biased towards the lowest-profit foods first, but my research shows that was not the case.
    Well, if you consolidate it goes to the oldest counter. If you're adding servings to a recipe that's out on multiple counters, it will stack on the newest one.

I still swear some foods sell faster than others, with absolutely no evidence to support that.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Well, if you consolidate it goes to the oldest counter. If you're adding servings to a recipe that's out on multiple counters, it will stack on the newest one.

I still swear some foods sell faster than others, with absolutely no evidence to support that.
    I know exactly what you mean. Over the many years of playing, I've developed all sorts of certainties in my mind but if asked to explain why I do things the way I do I quickly realize it's not fact based, lol. I guess over time you just find yourself having better results with specific things and you stick with it until it quits working for you.

New Resident
    You can always put a counter in storage if you have too much food.

Farm Supplier
    I have tried a variety of designs for the floor layout and came up with my own approach many years ago, it seems to work well since I can consume all the food from the goals within days, just keep experimenting to see what works for you.