View Poll Results: How much food is on your counters?

Voters
594. You may not vote on this poll
  • None - they clear out every night!

57 9.60%
  • A good amount - I have a few counters full.

159 26.77%
  • TOO MUCH! I don't think I'll ever sell all of it!

378 63.64%
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Thread: How much food is on your counters?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tatermaters View Post
    I cant get empty counters and in RS I cant keep full ones. I'm running out of space for counters in bs
    Same. In RS I have 23 appliances going constantly except when a few slots are taken by appliances under construction and the counters are empty moat mornings.

In B.S. I only cook just enough to do the goals and master the recipes. Otherwise, I don't cook anything and there are still hundreds of thousands of servings out.

I think B.S. does too many servings. I've had 6 of the cauldrons running since they were built during the 5 day goal in October and I'm still mastering the recipes 2 months later.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysurvivor View Post
    Same. In RS I have 23 appliances going constantly except when a few slots are taken by appliances under construction and the counters are empty moat mornings.

In B.S. I only cook just enough to do the goals and master the recipes. Otherwise, I don't cook anything and there are still hundreds of thousands of servings out.

I think B.S. does too many servings. I've had 6 of the cauldrons running since they were built during the 5 day goal in October and I'm still mastering the recipes 2 months later.
    I had the same issues with BS & RS but since this is the BS board, I'll share my BS experience.

I was always waiting a week of no cooking (at least) for my BS counters to clear until I changed my seating arrangement. Once I decided I wanted to focus on making coins and redecorating every month, I read through the old seating plan threads and chose the best layout for my situation. Since then, my customer turnover rate is at it's fastest which in turn means I'm selling food at a faster pace.

Some players like to stock up their counters, I'm not one of those players. Like I said, I redecorate my bakery every month so being able to sell out my counters within a few days is very important to me. This is purely anecdotal on my behalf, but I swear that if a counter gets a large amount of one recipe on it (say over a thousand), it starts to sell slower than it did when it merely had a few hundred plates on it. To balance this, I see how many different appliances I have out and make sure to have more counters than that. This way each time I serve up a recipe, it gets it's own counter and 9 times out of 10 when the next batch of that same recipe is ready to come of the oven there's an open counter for it. Placing extra counters ensures that no one counter gets overloaded with a single recipe which is key to my being able to pack things up when it's time to change out the decos.

I also only cook one recipe per appliance. Meaning when we get a goal oven, I build three of them and after the goal is over I cook the first unlocked recipe on appliance A, the second on appliance B, and the third on appliance C. This works well for me so that I'm not overstocking any single recipe but I'm still constantly cooking the new recipes in order to master them. I've been playing this game for a long time (way too long) so my aims are long term and I'm in no rush to master recipes quickly. It just doesn't work for my style of playing so I don't sweat it and doing things this way I still am able to master all the recipes within a few months, at most.

Currently, I have between 30 and 35 appliances at any one time cooking constantly in BS but my counters typically take only a single day of no cooking to clear out. It works well enough that during this most recent goal I logged in to find that I accidentally ran out of food throughout the night and had to watch a few videos to get something out despite cooking all day before.

It took a long while before I found a system that worked exactly the way I wanted and needed it to. This is just what I've found to work for my bakery: good seating arrangement, more counters than appliances and figuring out the best way to prepare the recipes I like/need for my bakery. Keep in mind, there are many different variables involved and these things vary from player to player. Each player has a perfect set up and once they find it, things take off from there. The same is true for RS. I was always coming in to empty counters but I reworked things and settled into a new normal that keeps my counters always full enough to keep customers happy and my bank full.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 12-10-18 at 02:10 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I have over 100 counters out and 17 appliances going. All my tables are within 4 steps of any door.

Banned
    in 22 hours of not being logged into one of my accounts I sold a total of 13 Red Velvet Cakes. Something is wrong with that. I have my tables / door / cashier setup the same was other accounts and not an issue with those. Just being logged in live with that account in only a few minutes I sold 13 Red Velvet Cakes. Something gets switch/turned off when not logged in on this account. I dont understand.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppiVille View Post
    I only have 11 ovens. I run out of food every night and occasionally during the day. I have my 27 chairs set up in an 8x10 space so the food moves pretty quickly. I am sure as I get more ovens my food shortage will change.
    I made it to lvl 99 this morning. My tables are all within 4 steps of a door and register. I now have 3.5 million plates of food. Looks like I can take a vacation.

Host(ess)
    This is an old thread but it was fun reading, lol. I had around 40 counters of food from goals and maxing out recipes but I was not making much, only about 40,000 coins overnight. A lot of these counters had 100,000 plates of food on them and I soon decided I need to save up for my next design. I removed around 20 counters but I had to keep many still for my current design to look good.

So now I have around 20 counters in my bakery, but at least 10 of them are clear while I am stocking up on high profit foods. I have all of the high profit foods maxed out but each counter now only has 50,000 plates and my profit has doubled, some days its almost triple. I have 30 appliances going so that explains all the food. Much more to be made!

Executive Chef
    Almost none. I only ever have under a thousand of each food on a counter at a time. Especially since I don't have the patience to wait for coins to come in or wait patiently for the food to fully sell.

I will only have more than 10 thousand of food on one counter at a time when a side goal hits.

I only have 2 counters, to be fair. Since my TnS bakery is relatively small. So I really don't have the space.

I don't get a lot of coins from my way of having food out like I do. But I'm more on the decorative side of the game, weather it looks good or not is up for debate. But for a somewhat of a small bakery like mine, I don't have much space for anything, anyway.

And a thread with a poll? I love polls! I took it miss seeing threads with polls
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

Executive Chef
    Just 3 counters only got so much food!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57EF75BB-54F8-46A6-86AD-F1C29C2D9791.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	56269 This counter got 71,479,359 plates of red velvet cocoa

Name:	2ED2B87F-01C3-4613-8D6F-E680CC5F3E53.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	56270 This counter got 36,437,437 plates of caramel cocoa

Name:	9461CDEC-7694-445A-90CB-8242333003C1.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	56271 This counter got 94,011,602 plates of white hot chocolate
    Enjoy Baking! 🍰

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerling View Post
    Just 3 counters only got so much food!

Name:	57EF75BB-54F8-46A6-86AD-F1C29C2D9791.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	56269 This counter got 71,479,359 plates of red velvet cocoa

Name:	2ED2B87F-01C3-4613-8D6F-E680CC5F3E53.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	56270 This counter got 36,437,437 plates of caramel cocoa

Name:	9461CDEC-7694-445A-90CB-8242333003C1.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	56271 This counter got 94,011,602 plates of white hot chocolate
    That is impressive!

Fashion Designer
    That is impressive. I'm going to make it my goal to max out on appliances and get that much food on my counters. It's always nice to have something to work on in the game.