Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: How To A Post Photo On The Forum

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Amy, you might need to crop your photo first a little bit before you use the Insert Image little icon pic (3rd from the end) in a new post.

If you don't use the little icon here, you can upload your photo to IMGUR (for example as it's a free programme and you don't need an account), and then when it's uploaded there are 3 little dots or similar on the right side of the pic and you choose the BB code option to copy and then paste that code in a new post. Good luck!
    Hi,
    I?m beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with my account or a glitch with the forums. The same photo seems to work just fine on other places like Facebook. I?m a bit scared to try installing apps or uploading the pictures to places & then they run off with the files or pictures if they go out of business. I?ve lost alot of things over the years.
    Right now I?m using an iPad (I?ve used several over the years and this one is a new one we are still trying to figure out if it is working properly since it?s under warranty) and a Laptop. The ipad I use for things like Bakery Story since it?s not compatible with Microsoft Windows.
    I use whatever app comes installed along with paying extra for iCloud storage space since I keep running out of space with all of the updates we have to do & not being able to get rid of apps installed. They keep trying to reinstall on new devices we get. Some of them are Storm 8 apps that I thought didn?t exist anymore.
    This time it may work. I tried it again and it says pending. It seems like when I try to crop the pictures it just blows the parts I cropped out up to like the size of the screen of the iPad.
    Thank you very much for all of the help
    ​Amy

Thought I would see if since I got it to upload to Facebook to see if I could get the code or link from there.
    It had options to Share, Copy, Save The Picture. Which it’s already saved to my iPad in order to upload it to anywhere. If I hit Share, it just Shares it on the Facebook Newsfeed or to other friends of mine on Facebook
    Last edited by Ilovetodesign; 01-05-21 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Trying to edit the picture
    ​Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovetodesign View Post
    Hi,
    I?m beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with my account or a glitch with the forums. The same photo seems to work just fine on other places like Facebook. I?m a bit scared to try installing apps or uploading the pictures to places & then they run off with the files or pictures if they go out of business. I?ve lost alot of things over the years.
    Right now I?m using an iPad (I?ve used several over the years and this one is a new one we are still trying to figure out if it is working properly since it?s under warranty) and a Laptop. The ipad I use for things like Bakery Story since it?s not compatible with Microsoft Windows.
    I use whatever app comes installed along with paying extra for iCloud storage space since I keep running out of space with all of the updates we have to do & not being able to get rid of apps installed. They keep trying to reinstall on new devices we get. Some of them are Storm 8 apps that I thought didn?t exist anymore.
    This time it may work. I tried it again and it says pending. It seems like when I try to crop the pictures it just blows the parts I cropped out up to like the size of the screen of the iPad.
    Thank you very much for all of the help
    Can you try doing the following:
    1. Upload the picture to a photo editing site and copy the direct link to the photo
    2. Click on the photos button on the forum editor (third to the end)
    3. Choose ?Upload from URL?
    4. Paste the link in the URL box and make sure ?Retrieve remote file and reference locally? is selected

Whenever I have an issue with uploading a picture, this usually works as a fix. It will save the picture to the forums servers, so no need to worry about the photo hosting website going out of business.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Testing again
    Trying this again. I?m still going around in circles trying to find something to use a photo editing app or site that works properly from what I already have installed & have asked Apple for support many times. The problem is if I try to use what is not on my device or something Apple created they wont help with anything you have questions about. They consider it a 3rd party website or apps. Apple even does screen share or remote access to help out so you don?t have to bring the iPad in for service. They can see functions you are doing, walk you through certain things if you don?t understand. If they determine it?s broken & under warranty they send a new device. Same with HP or any other device, they help with those things.

Yes, I?ve lost millions of files and photos over the years when the business leaves the photos or links to that photo no longer function properly because it?s gone or it also puts other odd things instead of the image such as a certain amount of views the photo has got and it shows a weird thing in place of it.
    I still don?t know why it seems to function when I send the same photo through email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Is the only reason I wonder if it?s to do with my account on here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D52D17F3-981D-4F03-BE3A-35AEC2B0A71D.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	265.1 KB 
ID:	58057  
    ​Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovetodesign View Post
    Testing again
    Trying this again. I?m still going around in circles trying to find something to use a photo editing app or site that works properly from what I already have installed & have asked Apple for support many times. The problem is if I try to use what is not on my device or something Apple created they wont help with anything you have questions about. They consider it a 3rd party website or apps. Apple even does screen share or remote access to help out so you don?t have to bring the iPad in for service. They can see functions you are doing, walk you through certain things if you don?t understand. If they determine it?s broken & under warranty they send a new device. Same with HP or any other device, they help with those things.

Yes, I?ve lost millions of files and photos over the years when the business leaves the photos or links to that photo no longer function properly because it?s gone or it also puts other odd things instead of the image such as a certain amount of views the photo has got and it shows a weird thing in place of it.
    I still don?t know why it seems to function when I send the same photo through email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Is the only reason I wonder if it?s to do with my account on here.
    It looks like it maybe functioning for now since it is in the attachment section. What is the easiest way to move it to Bakery Story forum since I would guess it is now on the server?
    I just really enjoy creating things & sharing with others to enjoy. Before the holidays end, I was hoping to share some things before I redecorate for other holidays. I do have some of them on other places like Facebook. So at least I have it in some places, but I dd delete them from my device. If I can?t get in my account or something else happens to the account is the other problem I keep running into over the years.
    You lose access to the stuff.
    ​Amy

Farm Supplier

I don't have 'Manage Attachments' to upload a picture of my bakery.

My bakery

Quote Originally Posted by saritadawn View Post
    My bakery
    Try clicking on the ?Go Advanced? button (right next to the Quick Reply button) and then scrolling down to the ?Additional Options? section. You can get to the manage attachments popup from here.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Me neither

No where do I have manage attachments

Quote Originally Posted by Candystwingirls View Post
    No where do I have manage attachments
    Click on "Go Advanced" and then on the bottom you should see a button that says "Manage Attachments."
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

I don't see the "manage attatchments" button when I click on "reply to thread... It only says "Post quick reply", "Go advanced" and "cancel"... When I click on "go advanced" there is still no place to add photos or files...