Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: How To A Post Photo On The Forum

The Honorable Panda

Lightbulb How To A Post Photo On The Forum

o attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
    On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
    To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
    Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
    What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
    In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.
    How do I add an image to a post?
    If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
    To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

After attaching a photo to your post(turns out to be a thumbnail, you can do the following to enlarge the photo.

All you have to do is to switch the editor to 'WYSIWYG' mode (done by clicking on the upper left A/A button, then clicking (or double clicking on your image, and in the pop-up setting the proper size). The 'small' option is the default one, resulting in the thumbnails, the 'medium' one results in somewhat bigger images, the 'full' one results in (too) big images but the 'full size' options seems to be what I was looking for, as it fills the image out nicely to match the width of the content column of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by NikiCharm View Post
    Here are some screen captures of how it works for me, hope this helps

Attachment 35892

Edit- Some recent changes to photobucket. You can now do some editing from your device!

Open up photobucket application:
    Go the bottom of the screen and hit the + sign .
    To get photos from your album hit Upload
    Choose the photo you want then at the top right click next .
    Click mobile uploads, then at the top click upload
    Wait for the photo to upload.

Click the edit button below your photo
    At the bottom you can Crop the photo, draw on it, etc.
    When you done click Done at the top.

To post on the forum click the picture .
    At the bottom is a little i button. Click that button, then touch the IMG line.
    You will see link copied.

Go to the forum and right click where you want the photo and hit paste.

Edit- To change size of photos when uploading

You can go to your photobucket account( photobucket.com ) and change the size of pictures when uploading.

Log into your account . Click on your name, then user settings. Click album, then upload options.

Some people ask How I upload a picture to the forum. There are many ways , but this is the way I do it. I use an Idevice. If someone has the best way for droids, please feel free to add.

In the app store download an application called Photobucket. It is free, but you will need to register.
    Once you register you can then pull you account up on your computer so you can edit your pictures(resize, crop, etc)

Using your camera in the game, take your picture.
    (if doing avatar you can take a screen shot by holding down the on off button then hit the home button).

open photobucket app and go to upload media. Choose existing. Find the picture in your album. click it and hit upload.

Once it uploads, go to my albums at the botton. Click on the picture. At the bottom is a
    little i. hit that. Click on the last option, IMG. You will get a screen that says
    copied IMG code. Hit okay and exit photobucket.

Log into the forum. Go to the page you want to post. Right click and paste .

You may want to preview you post to make sure the picture is correct.

If looks good submit new thread.

One note : If you delete a photo from your photo bucket album, the picture will disappear from where ever you post it.

Also after I get the picture in my photobucket album on my phone, I then go to my computer and log in to photobucket. From my computer I can edit my photos... resize, Crop, etc.

Here are some other ways to take photos

Quote Originally Posted by TongaTom View Post
    There seem to be a lot of people having problems posting pictures of their farms. Farms they've worked hard on and want to share with others. I've put this together to show you the way I do it. There are other ways, but I find this way fairly straightforward.

Firstly, unless you haven't installed one of the newer versions of Farm Story, you should have a 'Camera' button on the top right of the screen.

Tap it.

Tap 'Take Photo'

Tap 'Save to Photos'

This will save a photo of your farm on your iPhone (or other iThing), without any game data.

If you don't have the 'Camera' icon, take a screenshot in the usual way. This will show your game data along with your farm, as shown in the first picture.

The next step is to upload it to an image server. Photobucket is as good as any other, but there are others available.

Run the Photobucket App and follow the instructions for creating an account. It's all free.

Once you've got that sorted, tap on 'Upload Media' at the bottom of the screen, followed by 'Choose Existing' at the top left.

Browse to your Photo Albums (Camera Roll) and choose the picture you saved in the steps above.

When it's finished uploading, tap on 'Newest Uploads' and you should see it there.

Tap the picture you want to post on the forum.

Tap the 'i' on the bottom right of the screen. This will display 4 'URL Link Codes'.

Now, here's the IMPORTANT PART....

Tap the bottom option, the 'IMG' code. You will get a confirmation message to say 'Copied IMG Code'.

Tap 'OK'.

The last step is to post it on the forum.

Write whatever you like, eg. "This is my lovely farm".

Then 'paste' the previously copied IMG Code.

It should look a little something like this...

[ IMG ]https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/TongaTom/Instructions/4to6.jpg[ /IMG ]

It's important that the 'IMG' tags are at the start and end, otherwise the photo will not display correctly. If you followed the steps correctly and copied the 'IMG' code, then you won't have a problem.

You can always tap on 'Preview Post' to check that your post will look as you intended it, before tapping 'Submit New Thread'.

Note: if you tap 'Preview Post' the 'Image Verification' will change and you'll have to re-enter it if you've already done that.

I hope this goes some way to explaining how to upload pictures to this forum.

TongaTom.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterPanda View Post
    Here is some helpful information on how to post a picture in our forums along with how to take an in game screen shot on an Apple or Android device. This information is useful for entry into our forum contests, events, and general image posting.
    *If your picture is already saved on your computer, skip to step 5*

How to take an in game screenshot in game using an Apple device:
    1)Once in game and ready to take your picture, Apple devices have multiple ways to take a screenshot. Here are 2 of the most common ways; The first way is to press the home button and the power button at the EXACT same time (this same method works for Android devices too). The second way is to find the camera icon in game near the top right of your game screen or the photo option in the game menu (some games have the camera option in different spots). Snap a picture of your restaurant and choose "Save To Photos".
    2) Go to your device's home screen and open the picture in your saved photos which can be found by opening the camera app or the photos app.
    3) Find that photo and tap the little arrow curving up and out of the box towards the right (shown in the bottom left corner)

4) Then tap "email photo". Email the photo to yourself and then from your email, copy or download it and save it to your computer. *Skip below to step 5*

How to take a screenshot in game using an Android device:
    *Note, not all Android devices will be able to take screenshots without the help of a separate app. But give it a try anyway, most of the newer devices do have the ability to screenshot built into the device.*
    1) Once in game and ready to take your picture, Androids have multiple ways to take a screenshot. Here are 2 of the most common ways; The first way is to press the home button and the power button at the EXACT same time (this same method works for Apple devices too). The second way is to press the volume down button and the power button at the EXACT same time. When successful in either method the screen on your device will flash white to indicate the picture was saved. It may also make a sound or show a smaller version of the picture.
    2) Next Go to your device's home screen and open the picture in your saved photos. This will be accessible via the camera app on your device or the image gallery folder.
    3) Find that photo and tap the image itself or the menu option for the image. A triangular share icon should appear. It may look slightly different depending on your Android.
    Here is one example from an LG model:

Here is another example from a Samsung model:

4) Then tap on that triangular symbol. A menu will pop down (you may have to tap "see all"), then select one of the email options on your device (you may have to set this function up prior on the device). Email the photo to yourself and then from your email, copy or download it and save it to your computer.
    TIP: For more information on your Android device model, doing an internet search can be very useful for any small steps since each Android device can have slightly different procedures for each device.

How to upload an image from your computer:
    Step 5) Upload your picture to an image hosting website from your computer. Here are 2 you can use (no registration required): https://tinypic.com/ or https://imgur.com/
    6) After you have uploaded the image you will see multiple links near the image. Copy the link that is in the Direct Link for Layouts box or the BBCode (message boards & forums) box. Head over to the contest thread or the thread you are going to post the image in and paste the link you copied into the comment box where you normally post your text in the thread.
    7) If you copied the BBCode (message boards & forums) then you are done, just press "post reply". If you copied the Direct Link for Layouts then be sure to add these as a prefix/suffix to the link: [img][/img]
    So it should actually look like this while you're editing
    [img]https://i56.tinypic.com/ajlab5.jpg[/img]

TIP: To save yourself time, bookmark the link to one of the image hosting websites so you can easily upload for the next contest.

Here is another helpful way to upload images directly from your device without having to save them to your computer.

You can also post directly using IMG brackets: Here is helpful example from Butterpanda:

Paste the gigantic URL into the forum posting window and keep only the direct URL (highlighted in blue) to the image itself by deleting everything around it. The direct link will be within the first few lines of the gigantic URL:

Once you have deleted everything around the direct URL, add your IMG bracket tags, then post.

Android screenshots (for those with ICS)

It may vary by device, so if this method doesn't work for you, try looking up your device.

Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for 2-3 seconds. The picture will save to your device. You can then upload to Photobucket or your preferred imaging site. (many are available for free download in Google Play)

Quote Originally Posted by sehana View Post
    For Androids (doesn't have to be rooted) on HTC EVO 3D = Hold the power button, (before the power selection comes up) press home button.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 02-08-17 at 10:30 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Senior Moderator
    Mind if I add a bit? I'm on iPad, slightly bigger screen

Still download and register Photobucket from the app store.

Once you have a picture (screenshot, in game capture, etc), open Photobucket, on the bottom click "My albums". On the top right, click the up arrow  to upload (usually photo library is were your pics go). Once your picture is in there, you can edit it how you want. Click the chain link, which drops down codes. Copy the IMG Code (2nd from bottom), come back to the forum to paste.

There is also a great editing app that's free - PhotoShop (PS) Express. It's one of the only Adobe apps that works with Apple, and for free. There is a paid version also, but most of the basic editing that a person would want is available on the free version.

Another very easy thing - www.tinypic.com Can be used on any device, no app to download.
    Last edited by greygull; 09-09-13 at 10:39 AM.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Executive Chef
    I've been using a free app called imgur on Android.

Select the photo in your gallery > Menu > Share > imgur

then your photo is automatically uploaded to their website and you're given a URL which you can copy and then paste to the TL forum inside [IMG] tags.

Fashion Designer
    State of New Jersey! The armpit of America!
    I use photobucket it was easier than I thought!

Y does it come up with the actual code when I paste instead of the pic?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tiantiansmart View Post
    Y does it come up with the actual code when I paste instead of the pic?
    Which code are you trying to use? I haven't posted many, but I use the second from the bottom, it says IMG CODE, instead of the other IMG, or the URLs.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

The Honorable Panda
    How to Post a picture from your Computer
    https://tinypic.com/

Hit browse and find your picture on your computer. Upload.
    Look to the right and you will an edit button where you can edit you picture.
    Once you are done editing, look to right and see list of codes ..highlight the IMG code and right click it and select all.
    Then hit copy.
    Come to the forum and in your thread , right click and copy the IMG code.
    Your picture , then should be copied into the thread.

If problems, you can PM a Moderator to let them know you need that post deleted.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 10-01-11 at 06:57 PM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Host(ess)
    How do you do this using tiny pic instead of photo bucket? Photo bucket never works for me.

Host(ess)
    Oh oops sorry just saw the post above mine. thank you for making this thread!

Farm Supplier
    My God!! I did it!! thank you!

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast