Thread: new update causes bug with tiles

Host(ess)

Exclamation new update causes bug with tiles

This is my first time posting in the TL forums, but I visit often and have found lots of info, great ideas, etc. I just downloaded the new update for RS and love it, however I have found a bug! I downloaded the update and then expanded my restaurant, no problem there, but when I tried to retile my floor design to I can no longer place tiles on any space that I previously placed tiles on! I can place tiles on the expanded part of my restaurant that has the concrete but when I try to place a tile on the old section of my restaurant it just tells me to tap again...I tap and it says tap again! I restarted my device and same thing..I am on htc G2 android 2.2. My storm id is PurpleIvy, restaurant is also PurpleIvy.

Thanks so much for any help,
    Kat

Katt2418@gmail.com

I play RS, BS, FS, Fashion, CS...accepting neighbors in all storm id PurpleIvy

Senior Moderator
    I haven't tried it yet, going to be changing things up probably next week. Though I haven't heard of the tile issue yet, it does seem to add onto the display issues that TL is working to fix. Thanks for posting about it, hopefully it will be part of the fix!
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Fashion Designer
    It is a bit annoying- keep on trying!
    Master Restauranteur, Gamer and Tennis star

Rhino Keeper
    I have a Droid2. I noticed that this happened to me on occupied squares (tables, chairs etc) Once I cleared the square I could replace the tile. Takes twice as long this way but it can be done. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. GM?

Grand Emperor
    I'm on an Android and updated late last week. I did a little bit of redecorating to accommodate the dart board and had the same experience as JoJoBakersDelite.

Experiencing the same bug. Here's some additional info for the devs:
    DEvice - Motorola Droid
    OS - Android 2.2.2

Appearance of bug: When placing a floor tile, the first tap causes the the new tile to appear, and then the "Press Again" prompt. The second tap is where the bug surfaces. The prompt disappears, then the "loading graphic" icon appears (spinning grey bars), and then the "Press Again" prompt reappears. The amount of time that the grey bars are visible varies, but the key issue is that the prompt reappears and the tile doesn't get placed.

Limitations of the bug: If you click enough times, eventually the tile will place. I've had some that would appear after ten clicks or so, and a few that took over 100. It does not seem to be related to whether the tile is being purchased or is already in inventory.

Avoiding the bug: As JoJos said, if there is no object above the tile, it will place without problem. I don't think the issue is whether the object is on the same square, it's simply if the object is overlapping the tile visually. I just replaced a line of tiles behind a row of chairs, and while the bug was reduced it was still present. On the other hand, I tried doing what Katt said and replaced the tiles on empty expansion squares. Had no trouble at all... until I put a table on one square and tried to replace the concrete. THe bug was there in full force.

Bonus thought: Since the patch, I've noticed that placing objects often causes the whole screen to go green and the entire restaurant redraws (like when you go to a different restaurant). This is definitely new behavior, and I suspect it's linked to the tile drawing problem.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CptCaveman View Post
    Bonus thought: Since the patch, I've noticed that placing objects often causes the whole screen to go green and the entire restaurant redraws (like when you go to a different restaurant). This is definitely new behavior, and I suspect it's linked to the tile drawing problem.
    This part has been happening for me for quite a while, as in at least 4-6 weeks or more. Everything still went where I wanted it, so I ignored it. Just throwing it in.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM