Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest Questions

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by badger8 View Post
    Just another note for this topic...
    I am one of those people that would like to keep Facebook and Forum contests separate. My Facebook account is strictly personal and I want to keep it that way.
    Another word to the wise... When I won that Peaceful Bakery Contest that was voted on on Facebook, I was INUNDATED with neighbor requests. Probably a few HUNDRED. That was a month ago and I still get at least 10 a day. Great if you're looking for nbrs, but I like to keep my number a reasonable one, so I'm not interested. I'm almost sorry I entered that.
    Just something to keep in mind!!
    Holy cow! I didnt even think about how much worse it would be for the winner! I got dozens while the contest was active but they've slowed to a crawl since then.

Executive Chef
    Must be a bakery thing. I did the farm contest and didn't get a single neighbor request

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by badger8 View Post
    Just another note for this topic...
    I am one of those people that would like to keep Facebook and Forum contests separate. My Facebook account is strictly personal and I want to keep it that way.
    Another word to the wise... When I won that Peaceful Bakery Contest that was voted on on Facebook,dyer I was INUNDATED with neighbor requests. Probably a few HUNDRED. That was a month ago and I still get at least 10 a day. Great if you're looking for nbrs, but I like to keep my number a reasonable one, so I'm not interested. I'm almost sorry I entered that.
    Just something to keep in mind!!
    For future Contests on Facebook you do not have to put your storm id down. If you win TL will send you a private
    Message asking for your ID So they can credit your account.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    hey Kooky-
    this was one that was transferred by GM from here. I'll definitely keep that in mind next time! Ugh!

Fashion Designer
    To get back to the original issues raised here ...

I'd like to say that although I'm in the contest, I'm also not crazy about it and realize that it can be daunting for people who aren't used to working with graphics programs or to writing business plans. To those of you who fall into those categories: PowerPoint is great for the flyer. It's what I used. For the business plan, think of a place you'd like to go, and why. The end result is only dependent upon how creative, serious or funny (whatever else) you can be.

Regarding involving the community: I was sure that many more people would be getting involved. I'm kinda dissappointed that they're not. I'm planning to post messages to my neighbors to get into the forum to vote for me. I know it sounds selfish, but it will push some of them to get involved in the next contest!

Go for it! MS Word or PowerPoint are fine for the flyer or just draw something and scan it. Make it fun.

Heck, I love seeing the creativity and tongue-in-cheek humor. I still feel really sorry for Matt's little lamb though. Vicious, downright vicious!

Rhino Keeper
    i think there shold be multiple contests per week thar way if one contest idea doesnt appeal to a player, he/she could simply scroll down and select a different one to participate in.

Fashion Designer
    I agree with LanolaHarbors first post.

My impression of why u eliminated the previous contests was due to 2 main issues:

1) some users had difficulty posting photos and u wanted to make it fair.
    2) the contests did not engage the community or promote the forum.

It seems that all the choices chosen and that won gems, have to do with members having to post an image. Same idea as before. There were other ideas provided in last weeks contest that were good, that accomplished the goals desired, that didn't require posting an image by the member, but did not win gems for, but should have considering they took into account the issues discussed about the previous contests.

Just sayin....

Executive Chef
    Well my contest requires a photo of a real life dish, animal exhibit, or what have you, not an in-game screenshot. I think most all of us who have access to the story games can take digital pictures and post them here.

And I think it will be interesting and engaging to see what dishes everyone cooks up, start swapping personal recipes and what not, or maybe get in to a discussion on our favorite zoo exhibits, a funny experience we had while trying to capture the exhihit in a photo, etc (those darn Monkeys.. they give the most akward poses when they see a camera).

Fashion Designer
    TL, what about a poll listing the contests which were sent in on the Weekly Contest Idea thread?

Fashion Designer
    Ok. I'm just a complainer....but I have to voice my opinion about the latest contest (promo flyer). I admit, there is some amazing art work. However, I have to say that it's kinda unfair to those that don't have a computer, or are trying to do this contest just using the game they have and their phone. I really think there should be a better way to do this. I know you said photos are optional, but I'm waiting to see which of the professional artwork pieces win. I think the contest should be simple... Using just your game screen, rearranging it and what not, and then posting what you got without all the editing.

Again, not everyone is equipped on the same level and many wouldn't have a clue how to do something like that anyhow. It's ***na discourage a lot of people. I know it's voted on, but who wouldn't vote for the fancy art work ones! People will buy anything I'd it's pretty.

Sorry, just saying....