Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fairness with Suprise Theme Boxes, Baskets, Jars, etc.

Farm Supplier

Red face Fairness with Suprise Theme Boxes, Baskets, Jars, etc.

 Please Team Lava, carefully take each this into careful consideration and generous understanding. 

Most wanted of all - is with the surprise boxes, baskets, jars, etc. Is to pretty please have the fairness of opening each and being able to get every item available for each theme once before receiving multiples. Or even the fairness of receiving 2 max of each item? I know of games that have that programmed within. It really gets me upset to spend real money in a game and I am not saying I don't like surprises. But why do I need 10 bunny sofas in Fashion Story and not even a fair chance of getting a horse carraige or lolita display? Or 10 giant lollipops in Bakery Story and not even a fair chance of getting the carousel? I am sure you get my point. So why make some of us unhappy? We are going to purchase the gems either or because we love the games. So please please please consider this change and label it top priority for your most loyal costumers!

Thank you for your time.*

Host(ess)
    AGREED!!!!!! I have two **** bunny sofas...And like 5 giant lollipop displays in BS. I'd like to see it more randomized.

--Jennabug5

New Resident
    I've got a question ... I purchased the surprise box today and as soon as I purchased it FS went off-line.
    Now I can't see the surprise box but I did receive a blue swirling changing room. So the question is, is the
    surprise box supposed to be invisible? And why? That's annoying.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by misspoo View Post
    I've got a question ... I purchased the surprise box today and as soon as I purchased it FS went off-line.
    Now I can't see the surprise box but I did receive a blue swirling changing room. So the question is, is the
    surprise box supposed to be invisible? And why? That's annoying.
    No you should still see the box. Restart your device to see if it comes back.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    I have opened all 3 boxes, and gotten a groovy necklace, groovy dress, groovy shoes, diva clutch, diva top, pink choker, 3 groovy changing rooms, a groovy mannequin, a quad pink sofa, a white cotton sofa, and a pink ottoman. I had hoped to get an aesthetic fountain or even groovy display, and a horse carriage but with no luck. Next time I spend over 250 gems though I would like the chance of getting something rare, and think the "receive each item once" idea is wonderful for those of us who have tried so many times.

Executive Chef
    I think it would be next to impossible to both prevent duplicates AND keep the most rare box item at 1% chance. They would have to put 100 different items in every box.. which would take a LOT of time especially to maintain the level of quality they've given us so far.

Executive Chef
    I feel totally conflicted about the boxes.

I just feel like...in the Surprise Box, it makes sense to have "chances" on getting certain things, that's the element of surprise. But for all other boxes, seriously? Why can't we just choose what we want. We're still paying the stupid 24 gems. THAT'S $5 AT REGULAR PRICE. $5 FOR SOME GAME PIECE. Which is why I comprehend no one who purchases several boxes, but that's just me. For that very reason though, I have never bought a box [no matter how badly I want some things, like the bridal mannequin]. If TL allowed me to choose what I'll get....I'd have to be honest and say I'll buy quite a few because I get to have what I want and PAID REAL MONEY FOR. However, working with chances/luck/duplicates with REAL MONEY is not something I'm fond of.

The way I see it, they could at least allow coin purchases for the boxes just like they do for expansions. Even if it's one million per box in coins, anyone who really plays knows it takes a lifetime to get to a million. You'd at least be dealing with "fake" money, we don't have to buy coins if we don't want to [though that coins for gems system sucks too, about $20 IN REAL MONEY FOR 100,000 COINS? Really?] I know I got a little off topic but I agree, we should be able to see or choose, something! But it would also make the percentage chances complicated.....I don't see the boxes getting any better than what they currently are.

Banned
    I Think TL Should just market their new designs in the Store. Reality For Most Women We Do Like Surprises on Birthdays, Holidays, Special Occassions And Just Because's. But As Seen In Fashion Story The Changing Room Is A Clue And Key To The Female Perspective. We Like to Try Things Out Before We Buy. We like to See What Fits Our Personal Tastes. Sales In This Particular Arena Is Different From Example: Food Advertising, Basic Commodities Are Essentials To All Thus Showcasing This Kind Of Products Benefits, Ingredients,etc. Are Key To Making Sales. I Believe You Would Bank More Buck And Have Happier Consumers If You "Ad" It Out In The Store. Most of Us Come Up Here To Check Out The New Stuff Put Or Go To A Neighbor Who Purchases Regulary To See If We Want It. I See This Type Of Marketing Gets ALOT of Flack Up Here About The Magic Boxes. A Better Approach Would Be To Include All Customers The Ability To Purchase To Their Liking. Not Everyone Likes To Visit Vegas and Sit At The Craps Table

Executive Chef
    It's a recurring debate. This is how TL funds its costs in running the games - by selling gems and encouraging players to spend those gems so that the probability is they will buy more gems. Entirely normal concept. What makes the blood boil a bit is (a) the remarkable ease and speed with which the game pop ups swallow those gems and (b) the random boxes (which is where this thread started) delivering poor odds. With regard to (a) there are no "Are You Sure ?" warnings and, not surprisingly, a very large percentage of new threads on this Forum contain within their title the word "robbed" - after a while you need hardly read beyond the title as you know already what it''s about. There is in fairness one "Are You Sure ?" warning which is when you actually come to buy gems but one guesses that is Apple imposed and not a TL function. With regard to (b) a lottery where everyone gets a prize is by industry standards quite good, no ? You buy a lottery ticket, scratch card etc in any country - your odds are x millions against getting anything. So, why the fuss here ? Like the lottery ticket, you needn't buy. So, there is nothing wrong with the lottery - assuming you accept it ought to be a lottery in the first place. The real answer here is not the entitlement to make money but the method by which TL goes about it, that is by making the more desirable items gem only purchases or by "take your chances in the lottery". Unless TL changes that approach, the subject matter of this thread will appear again and again on this Forum. But, as has already been pointed out, you needn't buy a box - many don't, or, as in my case, don't again after experiencing the disappointment of having done so.

As to getting recurring items, TL has introduced something that reduces the risk of getting the same item on multiple buys (but only in the same buying session - i.e. it doesn't remember the next time you come to buy a box. What it also doesn't do is reduce the chance of getting the lowest level of prize - just the likelihood of getting the same bottom prizes. As Mog has said already, it's arithmetically impossible - if there are 10 items and only one of those items is a 1% possibility, then it has to follow that the remaining 9 (in ascending risk down the remaining three levels) get awarded 99% of the time. I have to say these are still good odds in a lottery. Understanding these figures may reduce the blood pressure - and of course the better you understand them, the less likely you are to buy a box. They say, mathematicians never enter the lotteries because they understand the odds are equivalent to meeting Elvis. On the other hand, that's why mathematicians never win the lottery
    Deputy sub-Assistant Racing Clerk to The First Ever FPGC Half Medley
    Principal Clerk (Rtd) to the Joint Clerks and Secretaries of the FPGC

Banned
    I respect Your View But Still Believe There Would Be Less Displeasure To Their Target MarketFemalesLots of Prominent News Articles Out There On The Web About It. And Here In Hawaii We Don't Have A Lottery System Thus Las Vegas Is Coined The 9th Hawaiian IslandIt Still Does Cohesively Service Their Target Market

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast