Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GM Dropping Truth about the Weekly Contests

Executive Chef

Exclamation GM Dropping Truth about the Weekly Contests

So, as some of you may have noticed, I haven't been as active on the forums this past week. That's because life at The Volcano has been pretty busy for all the Lava Teammates. (Note: we don't actually call our office the Volcano, nor ourselves Lava Teammates. But we should.). As such, there have been some threads that have gotten less attention than normal, and it also comes at a time when our community is growing. Which rocks! Yay us! But it means more threads don't get the GM Guarantee of Awesometicity.

Unfortunately, some of the threads that I've had to spend less time with are the Weekly Contest threads... and man, what a mess. (Oh, you don't know about the Weekly Contests? Get on that! We give away oodles of Gems and City/Club Cash every week!). Unfortunately, a very small percentage of users are making things unpleasant for everyone else by *****ing, specifically with those that make two or more posts in the same thread. Some of these are accidental, many of them aren't.

I ask those who may be bending the rules a bit for extra shots at the 50 Gem prizes to please... not do that. *****ing makes me one saaaaaad gathering of liquid fire (i.e. sad GM). As such, from now on, those *****ing in these contests may be suspended or banned from the TeamLava Community Forums. I don't like dropping the Ban Hammer, but sometimes, it's necessary.

Now, some of you may be wondering how that affects those of you who post for your family members or friends. Well, the answer is: adversely. It has always been a rule, but now to more strictly enforce it: you can only post pictures for your own account in the weekly contests. If your friend/family member has an account but isn't on the forums, well, invite them! We could always use more friendly faces around here. They need to be posting their own pictures of their bakery, zoo, restaurant, etc.

I'm hoping the Ban Hammer dropping won't be necessary, and that everyone will follow the rules in the future. Remember: it's not fair to everyone else who competes in the contests; everyone should get an equal shot at winning Gems/CC. And please, if you notice someone in the Contest threads not abiding by the rules, send me a PM, and I'll sort out the issue with my SuperMod powers -- which I use only for good.

Thanks!
    Last edited by GroupMagma; 06-24-11 at 06:17 PM.

Executive Chef
    Out of curiosity to the last portion about people posting for their friends, does that completely exclude Android players from entering? I'm not on an Android but I read a thread where someone has been offering to post for them since they can't upload a photo. It just seems kind of unfair to them if they now don't have that chance, either.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by xSnowyOwlx View Post
    Out of curiosity to the last portion about people posting for their friends, does that completely exclude Android players from entering? I'm not on an Android but I read a thread where someone has been offering to post for them since they can't upload a photo. It just seems kind of unfair to them if they now don't have that chance, either.
    They would only have to have someone else upload the photo for them; they'd still be able to post a link to it from their own accounts.

Rhino Keeper
    That's pretty sad for android users (me being one of them) as i dont have any friends with Iphones.....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cwmw View Post
    That's pretty sad for android users (me being one of them) as i dont have any friends with Iphones.....
    Check out the thread for android users.

Rhino Keeper
    I pointed that out a few days ago in the restaurant contest thread. When going through the pages for other users restaurant themes I noticed this user called 'misus' posting the same 2 pics with 2 id's on almost every single page, which is *****ing. Wanted to press the report button but that's usually for spam right?! Now I know I should just pm GM.

Anyway I'm also an android user and I asked the amazing Sehana to take pics for me, which she did and she provided me links so I can enter the contests myself. Now I've figured out a way to screencap my place myself

Finally !

The contest threads have gotten ugly...

Seriously just kick out all those who were spamming the contest threads

That destroys the whole purpose of having the contest in the first place

I even saw people posting in every single page...

Executive Chef
    i think u should add the rule in the the weekly contest page as well
    i noticed in this weekly update a player posting the same store five times in two pages

Farm Supplier
    Glad to hear it! Gives us all a fighting chance now. Love these games, and gems really do help!

New Resident

Request to GroupMagma from an Android user

I would like to take this opportunity to express my very real frustration. Hopefully, this will be read by GroupMagma and a reasonable response forthcoming.

Like a great many others, I use an Android device. I am active in Restaurant, Farm and now City Story games. I also have Racing Live, World War and IMobsters from your sister company Storm8 loaded on my Android device.

Like many Android users, I have purchased gems (or city cash or prestige points or favors, etc) for these various games.

Why are we treated like second-class citizens? Why are we denied opportunites to participate ourselves -- conveniently -- in contests sponsored by TeamLava? Why are we denied the opportunity to build items on the various Story games? Why is it left to us to explain to frustrated neighbors (often with a different native language) why we cannot send them the parts they need as gifts?

You market the game on the Android marketplace. You collect revenue from Android users. Yet many of these issues relating to differential treatment have been known for a year. Look back at all your posts -- the pleas by Android users for the same options given to Apple users.

You market to both. You collect revenue from both. Write for both.

Lglegl52

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast